U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:05 PM

25,493 posts, read 11,586,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbobbie View Post
Tell it to Saint Peter when you reach the pearly gates.
LOL No thanks. Natives have long held beliefs of a Creator long before the anglo's brought christianity to this land. I don't really care to get into that.

I would hope some of the RN's would show compassion, but there are documented stories about one companion losing the home when their SO dies. It falls under civil unions, but this thread is for discussing the GOV, and I don't want to see it get sidetracked and locked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 12:41 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,034,347 times
I'd say almost all RNs show compassion. You don't go into that field without it. How exactly did the RN help the person lose their home.

It seems to me that IF the people of OK feel one way and the Governor does what the people want, should be a problem. Does one vote for a leader who wouldn't carry out your interest? It is like when I lived in Utah, some of their laws were something else. Well, I didn't go crazy with the people because the people of the State wanted their laws. Or say, I do go nuts with CA (where I am from) because of the sanctuary status with illegals. They can do as they please but don't take a bail out from the rest of us.

Did you know that OK is number 3 of the overall best state to be in right now? We have a relatively lower unemployment than most (although under employed is a problem). We are not bankrupt. Our taxes are lower than most. Property taxes is something to write home about and I know about property taxes after moving here from IL.

Those that have problems with the Governor just cast your vote against her next time and you may win. You had 8 years prior to her victory. You could have had him make all the changes you wanted socially but I am thinking he new the interest of the state.

I live in what they call "Little Dixie". I have lost every election in this area but have great friends and do not put them down for the way they vote, it is what they want and what I want is outnumbered.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I'd say almost all RNs show compassion. You don't go into that field without it. How exactly did the RN help the person lose their home.
I never said an RN lost someone's home. (OMG) BTW, we know litrerally hundreds of RN's personally from many states.
I don't want to hijack this thread by going off on a tangent, basically, we all know the general climate in Oklahoma towards anything remotely gay and how the members of the House and Senate are going to fold up the carpet on any issue dealing with those issues, so I am not going to get into it here. But FMLA is another example. There are other issues, but why go into something that is not a discussion on the Governor. I would like to see what others discuss regarding the Governor, and not just read some media storyline on the subject.

The GOV has a good website. I generally track anything under criminal justice and have visited the state capitol several times. It is pretty neat inside in case others have not gone there.

Governor Mary Fallin - Home

Old 01-09-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post

Did you know that OK is number 3 of the overall best state to be in right now?
Actually it's number one for those of us who live here and love it. I don't let any "stat or list of top ten" decide for me which state is best to live in. And employment rates mean nothing to me. I have never been unable to find work in any state I have lived in.

And let's not broadcast that OK is number 3. We like it less populated here~ !!

Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 PM

[
. We like it less populated here~ !! [/quote]

True

Old 01-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I never said an RN lost someone's home. (OMG) states.
I
The GOV has a good website. I generally track anything under criminal justice and have visited the state capitol several times. It is pretty neat inside in case others have not gone there.

Governor Mary Fallin - Home

Old 01-12-2012, 02:53 PM

118 posts, read 150,632 times
I just wanted to say I'm glad I started this tread, sure have had alot of responce, it's great. Thanks to all who made comments, keep it up. Now a new one. A new President????

Old 01-13-2012, 09:44 PM

2,671 posts, read 1,634,872 times
One thing Mattress Mary has done is she wrote a letter to President Obama to tell him that she wants the Keystone XL pipeline to be built. Woo-hoo, you go girl.

I guess it matters not that the tar sands oil extraction has decimated boreal forest in Canada, increased the rate of rare cancers >50% in one of the First Nation's villages. Tar sands bitumen produces 3-5X the GHG of conventional oil. The extraction process is water intensive and that water ends up in toxic lagoons that is estimated from industry data to have leaked billions of gallons of toxic water into the environment, tar sands production uses huge amounts of energy (~ 2 billion cubic feet/day of NG). A pristine forest covering over 65,000km2 (equivalent in size to California’s Mojave desert) is slated for tar sands expansion. This expansion will destroy some of Canada’s Boreal Forest, the world’s largest terrestrial carbon storehouse and home to the largest forest wetland ecosystems left on the planet.

The pipeline that already transports this nasty tar sands to Cushing, OK has already had multiple problems and leaks in the short time it has been in place. One of the engineers that was on the job when that pipeline was being built was fired for trying to build a good pipeline that would reduce the chances of cracks, leaks and spills.

So, you go Mary. You're doing a good job, Guv.. Those couple of thousand jobs that will last a couple of years will surely be worth the price paid by the next generation and the generation following them, and the next generation and the next generation and the next generation and the next generation and the next generation.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:03 AM

Do you have to use names like "....... Mary"? Does it upset you when people call Obama names? Starting out saying something like you did made me not care what the rest of your post was. So, if you want to make a point worth reading I suggest better vocabulary.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:38 AM

4,297 posts, read 4,059,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Actually it's number one for those of us who live here and love it. I don't let any "stat or list of top ten" decide for me which state is best to live in. And employment rates mean nothing to me. I have never been unable to find work in any state I have lived in.

And let's not broadcast that OK is number 3. We like it less populated here~ !!
Amen and Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma