Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 06:18 PM

410 posts, read 339,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
Despite it being close to 70 today here in OKC.. (I have 70F here 5 miles NW of Piedmont!) Today is not a record high.. warmest temperature today is 76F back in 1894. Looks like we'll be in weather whiplash mode for tomorrow as it will be actually below normal for a couple of days, then rocketing above normal again by Wednesday and especially next weekend we may see near 80F if we get enough sun and low enough humidity in parts of central Okla. Today, its up to 77F in Altus and Hobart!. Fire danger will be increasing and the chances of wild fires will be high by this weekend.

A strong storm system will begin to affect the region starting on Sunday evening and will likely peak on Monday unless the storm slows down or speeds up. Measurable rainfall will be likely but I'm not expecting much at the moment, that could change. Thunderstorms will be possible and even some severe weather not out of the question if the timing of the system is right to take advantage of maximum heating if we can get some breaks in the cloud cover. Most likely chance of severe weather IF this materializes will be south and east of I-35 and I-40 and increasing chances once below the Red River east of I-35. This for next Monday Jan. 23. This may very well be adjusted but I'm confident that we'll at least see some rain on this day. I'll keep you updated on this in a few days.

Please feel free to contribute to this thread. Any questions or comments are welcome. I may migrate this to the OKC and Tulsa sections if it's okay with the MOD. to get more exposure. Have a blessed day!
I'm on an app called tapatalk, and it doesn't let you rep anyone.

Once I am on a web browser I can promise you reps.

Great info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Newest data I just analyzed continues to suggest a significant cool down that may interact with enough moisture that could give us some ice and/or snow in about 2 weeks. We call model data out this far "fantasy progs" as you can take very little stock in data this far out. However I am leaning on the Alaska and northwest Canada cold wave to spring a leak and spill into the lower 48 sometime soon. I'm quite confident this will happen, it's just a matter of when.

Meanwhile data still indicates a fairly strong storm system for early next week, moisture will be sparse but maybe enough for at least some rain and even a few thunderstorms for the Monday into early Tuesday time frame. Frozen precipitation is unlikely for this except maybe northern or northeast Okla. and if that does occur, amounts will be inconsequential. Temperatures this weekend, especially Sunday will easily make the 70's if the humidity is low enough and sunshine plentiful.
The more I read, the more I appreciate your posts. Do you have a facebook page? If so, I'd like to subscribe.

I'm a non-professional weather junkie and enjoy reading your informative posts.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
Oklahoma has some of the most fascinating weather in the U.S. Glad someone started this thread! Hope it becomes a 'sticky'.
I AGREE! I live in Texas, but this an extremely interesting topic.

Thank you rocky!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:16 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,323,898 times
Libsk - You went all the way back to a January post to quote I don't like ice storms so be truthful? The point?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:02 PM

653 posts, read 1,778,780 times
Thanks Libsk for the comments. Been pretty busy so I haven't been on CD too much lately. I'll tell you this, as of now.. I'm bloody sick and tired of this heat and lack of rain, and unfortunately, it's looking like we'll have more of the same except a brief respite late this week as a cool front struggles into the southern plains by around Thursday. This will increase the humidity levels some so while temperatures may come down a smidge, heat indexes will go up. I rather have the low humidity myself. Despite me being a bit off on my Oklahoma weather prediction for this summer (been considerably drier and hotter than expected) I'll post my thoughts for the rest of the summer and beyond very soon when I have time. About the only thing I've nailed was the drought and excessive heat that I expected across the central and northern plains and into the midwest.. so you can take my forecasts with a grain of salt. I do know a little more than the common person when it comes to meteorology though.. I spent two years at Univ. of Okla. in the early 80's majoring in meteorology but the math killed me. I still love it, it's one of my main passions.

Anyway, if your interested, I'll share my thoughts in how much longer this heat wave and drought will continue and more very soon. Keep this thread going, I do check back here occasionally. Have a blessed day!

Old 07-23-2012, 04:47 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,323,898 times
[
Anyway, if your interested, I'll share my thoughts in how much longer this heat wave and drought will continue and more very soon. Keep this thread going, I do check back here occasionally. Have a blessed day![/quote]

I am interested.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Libsk - You went all the way back to a January post to quote I don't like ice storms so be truthful? The point?
What is your point?

Old 07-26-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks Libsk for the comments. Been pretty busy so I haven't been on CD too much lately. I'll tell you this, as of now.. I'm bloody sick and tired of this heat and lack of rain, and unfortunately, it's looking like we'll have more of the same except a brief respite late this week as a cool front struggles into the southern plains by around Thursday. This will increase the humidity levels some so while temperatures may come down a smidge, heat indexes will go up. I rather have the low humidity myself. Despite me being a bit off on my Oklahoma weather prediction for this summer (been considerably drier and hotter than expected) I'll post my thoughts for the rest of the summer and beyond very soon when I have time. About the only thing I've nailed was the drought and excessive heat that I expected across the central and northern plains and into the midwest.. so you can take my forecasts with a grain of salt. I do know a little more than the common person when it comes to meteorology though.. I spent two years at Univ. of Okla. in the early 80's majoring in meteorology but the math killed me. I still love it, it's one of my main passions.

Anyway, if your interested, I'll share my thoughts in how much longer this heat wave and drought will continue and more very soon. Keep this thread going, I do check back here occasionally. Have a blessed day!
Please do!

Old 07-26-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
My apologies. I reread my post. It wasn't very civil Debbie. Sorry!

Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Just .03 of rain with some distant thunder fell in Stillwater on the east side Thursday. It was better than nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma