U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-08-2012, 04:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,727 times
Default Best place for metal band?

I was just wondering where the best place/s in oklahoma would be, to find a death metal group. Looking very seriously. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 10:37 AM

85 posts, read 91,238 times
pray it not be next to me, sorry but that line of music gives me a splitting headache. Probably wouldn't be that bad if it was slowed down and not loud and screaming.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:30 AM

7,172 posts, read 9,690,279 times
and here I was thinking a metal band was something made of gold or platinum, or even silver and encrusted with diamonds or sapphires or even turquoise............what a letdown.............

Old 01-09-2012, 07:43 PM

479 posts, read 575,710 times
WesternKansas and Good Pasture, you made my day.. too funny!!

As to the question, occasionally the Conservatory up on N. Western Ave. has metal bands and sometimes the Diamond Ball Room (not sure where they are located) While there is plenty of rock venues to be found here in OKC, death metal is not a very popular style around these parts, not that some select folks do listen to it, but not popular enough to support a scene for it here.
Below is a link you can check out for all concert listings here in the OKC area.

Oklahoma City Tour Dates | Pollstar.

You can also go to the main site: Pollstar and type in any city or your favourite death metal band to see where they are playing. You may want to check out Dallas and did you know the death metal capital of America is Tampa, FL.? As to the previous two responders, I have to agree, better there than here but hey, we cater to all types here on City Data!

Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 PM

8,696 posts, read 6,480,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlparkz89 View Post
I was just wondering where the best place/s in oklahoma would be, to find a death metal group. Looking very seriously. Please help.
Maybe in a bar some night on the strip in Stillwater.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:47 PM

4,204 posts, read 3,813,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlparkz89 View Post

Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 AM

6 posts, read 10,759 times
not popular enough to support a scene for it here.
Below is a link you can check out for all concert listings here in the OKC area.http://www.*****.info/g.gif (broken link)

Old 02-04-2012, 04:24 PM

9 posts, read 28,314 times
The funny thing was I was thinking about this thread when I was visiting. A mettal song came on the local radio and I thought. Apparently metal bands are on the radio there.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Stillwater will be having an usual jazz and metal combination concert this Thursday evening. Admission is free.

Jazz meets metal in unique joint concert Thursday in Stillwater Local News Stillwater NewsPress

Old 02-10-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Stillwater will be having an usual jazz and metal combination concert this Thursday evening. Admission is free.

Jazz meets metal in unique joint concert Thursday in Stillwater Local News Stillwater NewsPress
It was a real great show. First jazz followed by metal was a rare treat. Here's the story on what happened:
Concert fuses jazz and metal - The Daily O'Collegian - Oklahoma State University (http://www.ocolly.com/concert-fuses-jazz-and-metal-1.2774734 - broken link)

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 02-10-2012 at 04:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma