Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:07 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times

Advertisements

Sounds like to me they need a real law suite against them and make it go public with all their name posted. Either that, or go out and find were they live and post it so all the folks they screwed with can pay them a visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 08:37 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
It happens everywhere. We got rousted in Walkerton Indiana once by the local town cop. Not fun.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:23 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Default another false arrest

I don't remember what the issue at hand was, or what brought this cop./ detective out to our neighborhood, I think he was talking to several people in the area.
Anyway, he was a real smarta$$. The 2nd time he came to my place,we were talking in my driveway. I said something, he grabbed me, threw me on the ground, shoved his knee in my back, hand cuffed me and arrested me for "assaulting a Police Officer". Little did he know that I had just had surgery on my neck to remove 2 veritabeas because my left arm was atrified and my right wrist was spained. I was in no condition to assault anyone, let alone some cop.
When I went to court with the medical papers, it was like the last one I posted, except it was the officer who was nowhere to be found. (i think he'd been transfered) The court was adjurned.
Afew years later I read an article about him being shot and killed in a small suburb of LA.near Watts. (you heard of the "watts riots"?)

Old 11-28-2010, 08:39 AM

3 posts, read 3,789 times
My husband is in jail there now the found a marijana pipe on my 17 yr old cousin, and the said they smelted in really stronge, they searched the truck then had the dog search they didn't find any marijana but charged him with possision of marijana and possision parphfinia. How how can they do that???? That is bull ****. Im defintily filing a complaint, they releasrd my cousin who actully had a weed pipe in his bag but took my husband, and he also had 6 other charges. He got pulled over for a modified exsaust witch was also bull my truck is very quiet.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 3,789 times
if i had $$$$ there would defintly be a law suite

Old 11-28-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTAJAMES View Post
My husband is in jail there now the found a marijana pipe on my 17 yr old cousin, and the said they smelted in really stronge, they searched the truck then had the dog search they didn't find any marijana but charged him with possision of marijana and possision parphfinia. How how can they do that???? That is bull ****. Im defintily filing a complaint, they releasrd my cousin who actully had a weed pipe in his bag but took my husband, and he also had 6 other charges. He got pulled over for a modified exsaust witch was also bull my truck is very quiet.
Legally, they had to have a reason for pulling your husband over. If they don't come up with a legitimate reason for stopping the vehicle,
You could have them charged for "illegal Seach and Seizure".

Old 11-28-2010, 06:26 PM

49 posts, read 173,419 times
So what are all the charges?

Also they would jail everyone in the vehicle if nobody claimed the pipe. If the pipe had residue in it then that would be possession too.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,356 times
You should have said no when they said they were going to search your car... They didn't have a warrant and should've offered you a sobriety test if they suspected you were under the influence. You had a right to say no and I'm guessing you allowed it, or didn't know any better? Otherwise they wouldn't have done it or if they still did you could have sued them.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
You should have said no when they said they were going to search your car... They didn't have a warrant and should've offered you a sobriety test if they suspected you were under the influence. You had a right to say no and I'm guessing you allowed it, or didn't know any better? Otherwise they wouldn't have done it or if they still did you could have sued them.
You gave very, very bad advice? Why? I know as first hand as you can get. One time when county cops stopped me on I-35 for speeding at 74 mph, I refused their request to search my car. They seemed to take it it that I had drugs in my car. They subjected me to a sobriety test, arrested me for DUI, even though I hadn't had a drop to drink that day and proceeded to search my car. They found nothing, other than what they claimed was a marijuana seed. How it got there, I don't know. So they took me to the Guthrie hospital to draw my blood for testing. And from there, to the rat infested Logan County Jail in Guthrie. The whole ordeal to get all charges, including DUI, dismissed against me, along with the car toll charge, costed close to $1000. My blood test turned up nothing against me.

I learned my lesson well. So a couple years later when I found myself in a similar situation on the highway, I submitted to the cop's request to search my car. He also gave me a sobriety test, which I passed to his satisfaction. And then he let me be free to continue on my way.

I might as well add that it's a good idea not to keep any incriminating evidence in your car, like drugs and pipes.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:15 PM

I agree with StilWaterTownie, The same thing happened to me in California on a mountain road.
I was arrested on a DUI, given a sobriety test and taken in. When the reults from the blood test came back, all the paperwork disappeared.....
"I don't drink or do drugs"
But I still had to pay hundereds to get my El Camino out of impound.

proudvoterofObama..you can't sue law enforcement for searching your vehicle without a warrant.
Even if it was a mistake, they can say it was "probable cause" and the case is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma