Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 8,723 times

Advertisements

I have a Fridgidare Steam Washer and Dryer. Somehow I am getting water in the pedestal under the Dryer. I have used the Steam Dryer and I do not get water in pedestal drawer. But I found water in pedestal drawer after washing clothes. On the back of the washer there is a "Y" for cold water. There is a line from the wall to the Y and a line from the Y to the Steam Deyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,759,064 times
Other than suggesting you call a local repairman I have no idea what to tell you, other than to suggest you post this question in the House forum. Lots of really knowledgeable people there, who can probably answer your question.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:40 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
I too have the front load w/d on the pedestal drawer. Hopefully you found a simple leak that is easy to repair..

Old 08-30-2012, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,723 times
Default Water in pedestal drawer

It took 2 weeks to get a repairman that will do warranty work for Fridgidare to show up. All it was is a faulty water hose going into the steam dryer. The hose that came with the steam dryer has a metal elbow on the end that attaches to the dryer. It isn't solid and wasn't making a good connection allowing the hose to leak. Like the repairman said a faluty design but what fridgidare sent with it. I DO NOT recommend fridgidare wahers or dryers.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:10 PM

Frigidare, Maytag, Kitchen Aid, Amana and some others were wonderful products until they were bought by Whirlpool. They were ruined with faulty design and plastic parts that broke easily before they were sold again. Insult was added to injury when the help/call center was moved to Canada. Getting replacement parts is so difficult now I don't buy my once favorite brands any longer.

I switched to Sears appliances because Sears has parts and qualified repairmen for the products they handle. My washer and dryer is an Electrolux designed in Italy to Sears specifications, built in Canada, and sold in the U.S. under the Kenmore brand. It is an excellent product that I like a lot.

I don't take any stock in Consumer Reports. I paid top dollar for a Whirlpool top load washer it recommended that tore up my clothes. The problem was the faulty design of the agitator. When a old guy who had repaired washers for years replaced it with one from an old machine it "fixed" the problem. When I complained to Whirlpool they insulted me. I have not knowingly purchased a Whirlpool product since 1985.

Now some of the companies are trying to sell the 2-in-1 unit that washes and dries. It has been very popular in Japan for years because their kitchens are small and theirs is an under counter unit not much larger then an American dishwasher. I learned about it accidentally in Tucumcari, New Mexico 12 years ago.

We stopped for dinner on our way to California, and I struck up a conversation with the Chinese owner who spoke broken English. I asked if she had any magazines from China. She gave me a magazine that showed the interior or a new $!M condo just built in Japan. When I pointed to the unit under the counter she told me what it was. Did she ever use one? YES, same in China! Did she like it? YES. Did it clean clothes good? YES! How did it compare to American washer and dryer? BOTH GOOD!

The U.S. product is expensive and not getting good reviews. These products are being shed with huge discounts.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 AM

3 posts, read 7,068 times
Not to sound stupid or anything, but could it be condensation, I have regular dryer and it was cold in my garage and I had condensation under it, I had thought the washer was leaking; but the repairman said it wasn't and that the dryer just had built up condensation from the heat and than it being so cold. He was nice didn't even charge me for looking at it cause he was in the nighborhood on another job and got done early. There are some nice people in the world after all.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 PM

Faulty design. Bad hose connection. R/R. Fixed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma