Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 04:24 PM

50 posts, read 84,646 times

Advertisements

Currently live near Duncan.(town of 700) We don't much care for it and want to get closer to Norman area. We still want to stay in the small town small school atmosphere but not quite population 700 small. We are looking for schools that are not too big but not so small that I feel like my kids are not getting a good education. Also want schools with FFA programs and places we can live in the country but not pay 30k for an acre. Any info on these towns or schools is very much appreciated.

Purcell
Newcastle
Paoli
Noble
Lexington

any towns I am missing in the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 PM

778 posts, read 2,316,042 times
Out of that list I would pick Newcastle.

Paoli and Lexington are both really small. And Paoli is closer to Pauls Valley than Norman. Purcell is a bit dumpy and I've heard bad things about the schools there.

Noble would be a close second, but land is a bit more than what you want to pay.

If you desire a rural atmosphere closer to Norman, I would also suggest looking into Goldsby. Land may be a bit more, but its a nice town and I think you are in Norman Public Schools, which are some of the best in the state.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 AM

50 posts, read 84,646 times
bump....

Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM

17,661 posts, read 13,516,963 times
I responded to your other thread. I would NOT rule out Blanchard if I were you and Norman is your target.

Washington is another good school down in there.

Purcell is a nice little town with a brand new high school. Lexington is a little dumpier than Purcell and a little further to the interstate than Purcell.

Noble is great because it is closer to OU and parts of Norman than Norman is. However, it is a 5A school and a hassle to get to the interstate.

I would pick Purcell if it were me because it is actually a real town with a downtown, places to eat etc. but Newcastle, Blanchard and Washington would be good choices as far as schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma