Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 AM

3 posts, read 3,185 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Pryor? Is it a nice town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
It's probably not a bad place since it's been growing and isn't real far from Tulsa.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:16 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Pryor is a nice town and only about 40 minutes east of Tulsa. And just to the East of Pryor you have all the lakes, rivers and streams of the Ozarks.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,455 times
Pryor is a nice small community. At least it has a Goldies, that's certainly a plus! Very limited on restaurants/shopping as you might expect with a small community.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 PM

210 posts, read 427,900 times
I was born in pryor and spent my first 13 years there. It's a nice little community that is very close to lot's of outdoor activities if you are into hunting and fishing. The job market there is pretty stable from what I can see as they have a couple of industrial parks where lot's of folks work. I think the very top job in the Mayes county is GRDA.

You won't find many dining options for go in and sitdown places though they do have all the fast food joint's that most bigger cities have. When moving back from Kansas I strongly considered moving back to pryor near the lake and commuting to Tulsa for work but the wife made up "OUR" minds quick on that one....LOL

Pryor is near the ozarks as someone mentioned before and if you need a flight don't ever hesitate to check Alegiant out of NW arkansas. They have some really cheap flights and Pryor is very close.

One thing I'll touch on and I don't want to sound too negative but I read at one time more meth was made in mayes county then anywhere else in the nation. Now, I don't know if that is true but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Pryor is a nice small community. At least it has a Goldies, that's certainly a plus! Very limited on restaurants/shopping as you might expect with a small community.
What's so good about Goldies? The one in Stillwater went out of business, got torn down and a Jack in the Box put in its place.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:56 PM

210 posts, read 427,900 times
If you are into BBQ you have to try JL's just south of town. It's really good.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What's so good about Goldies? The one in Stillwater went out of business, got torn down and a Jack in the Box put in its place.
Nothing much, just the best burger around! Many Schlotzky's have shut their doors too, it doesn't mean their sandwiches aren't awesome. Give me a Goldies any day over a McPuke or BurgerBarf burger!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Nothing much, just the best burger around! Many Schlotzky's have shut their doors too, it doesn't mean their sandwiches aren't awesome. Give me a Goldies any day over a McPuke or BurgerBarf burger!
Interesting how the food business goes. In Stillwater, Carl Jr.'s closed with the building now being remodeled into a new Schlotzky's.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post

Barry Switzer had an interest in Goldie's. Switzer might have had one of the best records in the history of college football but his record as a restauranter is pretty horrid.

I've never been to Pryor but I've never heard anything but good things about the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma