Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:44 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner61 View Post
Hello to all, first time posting here, lots of good info in general. My wife and I would like to investigate OK as a place to relocate. Not having been there yet, what are the major differences between Ok City and Tulsa, besides size? What we are looking for is 10+ acres with a modest house in the country, but still within reasonable driving (distance 30-50 miles?) for some work in the city, but, not an everyday trip. Can anyone comment on the non-profit/charitable aspects of OK in general, and those cities in particular? We work with foundations/corporations to bring learning content to elementary schools. Thanks in advance
Are you saying that you work with "Anchor Babies"??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 04:50 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Today, April,19 is the National Memorial for the "Oklahoma City Bombing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzjd-y4OvU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzjd...embedded#at=39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STvL0...layer_embedded

Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum – Official Website

Last edited by mkfarnam; 04-19-2011 at 05:18 PM..

Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 PM

231 posts, read 390,822 times
FINAL UPDATE: I lasted just over 3 years in Oklahoma, and I am now back in Southern California. The small town life was a little too small for me. I came back to assist my grandparents in selling off all their California real estate, and to do an 8 month job for a past employer. I can make more in 8 months in California than I can in 3 years in Oklahoma.

I was excited to be back in California.....for about 2 months. You can not live in a small, rural midwest community and have it not affect you. I find 'little things' annoy the hell out of me now; car alarms, honking horns, planes, trains, traffic, etc.

I will stay in California through March of next year. Several family members have relocated to Austin, TX and love it. Once we sell off the remaining property, everyone in my family will be out of California.

I made several trips to N.W. Arkansas when I live in Oklahoma, and really liked that area.

Thanks again for all the advice and tips.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
So people should take care to pick the right town in Oklahoma. The wrong one is the pits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma