Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 AM

6 posts, read 10,691 times

Advertisements

Heavener Oklahoma is a wonderful area to live. It's small town and in the middle of the Kiamchi Mountains. If you like camping, biking or fishing, this is a great area. It's not far from Wister LAke, Beavers Bend State Park or the Talimena Scenic Drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 AM

6 posts, read 10,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I'm a born and bred Oklahoman, although, formally educated and well traveled. Heavener may be a good place, although, it's a very small town in the middle of nowhere. Eastern Oklahoma is the poorest part of this state. Burkburnett TX is close to Wichita Falls and while greenery may not be everywhere, there are wide open spaces. I would move to Burkburnett and not look back.

So far as what most Oklahomans would say about Heavener, I think the majority would say, Heavener? Where is Heavener? I'm sure most of those who live there are fine folks, but, they might not be so sure that you are.
Heavener being in the middle of nowhere depends on what someone may consider nowhere is. Heavener is in the middle of some of the most beautiful parts of Oklahoma in the middle of the Kiamichi Mountains. Small towns are not well known for having a lot of big city conveniences but if anyone likes a laid back atmosphere, Heavener just may be the ticket. I was also born in the area and was a world traveler during my military service. I've lived in several large cities but I wouldn't trade my life-style in SE Oklahoma for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma