Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
What?! No drive by shooting? aww.

That show "Bigfootville" is on the Travel Channel right now. It's pretty funny. And pretty interesting. I dare mkfarnam to spend the night alone in pittsburgh county or down around SE Oklahoma.

go ahead... I double dare you.~ And you can take Synopse's camera with you.
Name a spot in SE OK. And you pay expenses.lol,
BTW, I'm in SW OK.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 10-21-2007 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 08:48 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
I say we volunteer Peggy Davis. She's pretty handy with a camera!

Here is a link with OK encounters. Remember, no drive by pics accepted. I will take a collection to help out with gas money and shells.

Bigfoot Encounters

Here is one encounter that is fairly close to Duncan. I hope this isn't copyright material. If it is, my apologies and synopse can use his Moderator stick and smack it.

Caddo County, Carnegie, Oklahoma 2003

Caddo County, Carnegie, Oklahoma

Here's a second hand story: I don't live in Anadarko, Oklahoma anymore, but some Indians know of an old women that feeds a sasquatch. She lives out in the country in Carnegie, Oklahoma.

When I worked at Wal-Mart in Anadarko, she would come in shopping. The woman bathes in Lysol because that protects her with the creature. She has a large pole that she uses with a ladder to hook his food up for him to eat. I was told that is why she smells like Lysol; the Indians told me about this. I'm sure they don't report it because the creature is her pet.

I don't drive through Apache, Oklahoma at night because of this reason. I was also told of many sightings of the creature as I was growing up. I went to Indian Pow Wows and I heard talk of plus we would go to the country to drink beer and we would hear strange sounds all the time. I don't know the Indian woman's name anymore

Old 10-21-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I say we volunteer Peggy Davis. She's pretty handy with a camera!

Here is a link with OK encounters. Remember, no drive by pics accepted. I will take a collection to help out with gas money and shells.

Bigfoot Encounters
Lets see, LadyRobin is excellent with a camera and has the equipment, and I'm sure Jessaka would love to join in.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:22 PM

I not believe or disbelieve whether there is or isn't a sasquatch. but it's very interesting to read about.
But when I read about someone that has "sent out" investigators , that pretty much ends the story for me.
It would seem to me that if someone was trying to change a "myth" to a "legend" , it would be himself that would be doing the investigation.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:09 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times
Oh no, I am not going to spend the night by myself out there. I am afraid of bears.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:09 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
You wouldn't get me spending the night out there either. I overheard one woman talking on her cell phone one day in a pharmacy. All I heard was that she was camping, and there were snakes, brown recluse, and scorpians. She forgot the chiggers. I am so afraid of bears too, but I would love to see a Bigfoot. I just hope they never capture one. And anyway, it is cold and rainy now even if the chiggers and brown recluse are sleeping, as well as the bears. I am also afraid of mountain lions. One was 50 feet from me in Valley Center, CA. He was looking over the area for some food, and I know that they have killed people in CA. Add coyotes and wolves to that list of fears. But Bigfoot, no, I am not afraid of Bigfoot. The chupracobra, yes!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
As in the case with flying saucers pictures of Bigfoot are usually too blurred to look convincing or tell much about. Ones that aren't blurred are usually fake.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
As in the case with flying saucers pictures of Bigfoot are usually too blurred to look convincing or tell much about. Ones that aren't blurred are usually fake.
Right, and the videos are always at a distance, where it just as well could have been a person in a suit.
Tell me that they didn't have zoom in lenses on the camera

Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Aww, c'mon, Jessaka, robyn, and Peg... be a sport! It'll be fun! Just think of it as girl's night out..

One of you can be the bigfoot bait, one can work the technical night vision video equipment and one can SCREAM!!!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Aww, c'mon, Jessaka, robyn, and Peg... be a sport! It'll be fun! Just think of it as girl's night out..

One of you can be the bigfoot bait, one can work the technical night vision video equipment and one can SCREAM!!!!!
How about if "we" work the cameras and you three can bait him in.
I promise, we won't look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma