Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:46 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,953 times

Advertisements

kg5vw, welcome home!

Where do you live now, Jess5?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 12:20 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,712 times
Hi Peggy. I don't really know how deep the roots are, but my grandmother was born hee somewhere. My family wasn't good at keeping records, and we didn't talk about it much. I was born in Ardmore, moved to Odessa when I was 19, moved around some there. Moved to OKC. When I had kids, I moved to the Yukon/Mustang area. Now, are area is growing so much, we want to move somewhere in the country, but that would cost an arm and a leg (and I only have 2 of each, lols) around here. I love reading all the responses to this.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:56 PM

We have a lot of people inquiring about the Yukon/Mustang area. Colleen is really interested in that area.

This is a fun forum, don't you agree?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:01 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,827,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
It's about time you got home Young Lady!!! Seriously tho, when did you move here Lady R? I haven't read all the posts yet, (but I will) so if mentioned already, sorry. Does your family like it here? I hope so because now that you're here, we aren't letting you leave! Now, if we can just get Choctaw back here where he belongs!
LOL!! Sorry Jess, I missed this!

April will make 4 years that we have been here. Took me AGES to convince the hubby to move here, and once we did he started telling everyone he wished we had come back YEARS ago! (I punched his arm for that. )

Our daughter hated it her first year, she fussed and moaned and SWORE she was moving back to Cali the day she turned 18. But by the time she turned 18 she had fallen in love with it too. Our son dreamed of living here as much as I did so he will waste NO time moving as soon as he is done with the Navy. He's a volunteer Firefighter and he is training to be an EMT. He plans on being a Fireman when he gets here.

If you dig up the Oklahoma Centennial thread I posted a pic of my Great-Grandpa and his family.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:19 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,943 times
I should have posted something a while back. Lets see here....I was born in Atlanta over drama no one including myself would want to hear about....Then I was reborn in Oklahoma at the age of 7-9months. In a nutshell my family came to Oklahoma from Texas as farmers and settled in the OKC area before statehood (1895-1903). Heck...Been in Okie City since then! Not very exciting.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Hi Peggy. I don't really know how deep the roots are, but my grandmother was born hee somewhere. My family wasn't good at keeping records, and we didn't talk about it much. I was born in Ardmore, moved to Odessa when I was 19, moved around some there. Moved to OKC. When I had kids, I moved to the Yukon/Mustang area. Now, this area is growing so much, we want to move somewhere in the country, but that would cost an arm and a leg (and I only have 2 of each, lols) around here. I love reading all the responses to this.
I wonder why we can't edit our posts here? I didn't want anyone thinking I used the word are for our! The are was for area and I left out the word this. I've corrected it now but had to use "quote".

Peggy, it is fun here. I still havent read many threads on here, and I need to. You grew up in Ardmore, didn't you? What high school did you attend? I went to Dickson. Also, Peggy, has your daughters electricity came back on? I hope so.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
LOL!! Sorry Jess, I missed this!

April will make 4 years that we have been here. Took me AGES to convince the hubby to move here, and once we did he started telling everyone he wished we had come back YEARS ago! (I punched his arm for that. )

Our daughter hated it her first year, she fussed and moaned and SWORE she was moving back to Cali the day she turned 18. But by the time she turned 18 she had fallen in love with it too. Our son dreamed of living here as much as I did so he will waste NO time moving as soon as he is done with the Navy. He's a volunteer Firefighter and he is training to be an EMT. He plans on being a Fireman when he gets here.

If you dig up the Oklahoma Centennial thread I posted a pic of my Great-Grandpa and his family.
I am so glad your family likes it too. So glad your daughter changed her mind. So, your son hasn't lived here at all? Will he be here for Christmas? I admire firemen. They are incredibly brave. As a matter of fact, when I make cookies (a little closer to Christmas), I'll be taking a big batch to our local fire station on 15th St.Oh, and EMTS, another great group of lifesavers! I will dig up the Oklahoma Centennial thread!

Old 12-13-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I wonder why we can't edit our posts here? I didn't want anyone thinking I used the word are for our! The are was for area and I left out the word this. I've corrected it now but had to use "quote".

Peggy, it is fun here. I still havent read many threads on here, and I need to. You grew up in Ardmore, didn't you? What high school did you attend? I went to Dickson. Also, Peggy, has your daughters electricity came back on? I hope so.
I didn't grow up in Ardmore but lived near there, Marsden area, for about 10 years. My son went to high school there at Ardmore High School, class of '86.

My poor daughter's electricity is still out. She says she is homeless now. She is staying with classmates at the university's apartments. That would be a plus to living in campus housing: they have their own power plant! I am on my way to Norman tomorrow to see what can be done.

I'm trying to watch my spelling here since I don't see the edit button.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:00 PM

I'm glad your daughter has somewhere to go. They say the motels/hotels are full. I knew someone who lived in the University apts. I sure didn't know they had their own power plant though. Good planning there. I was hoping we might know someone in common, in Ardmore, but I guess we wouldn't. Be careful on your way to Norman. Remember, it's supposed to snow tomorrow night!

Old 12-14-2007, 04:02 PM

I am back now. Quite an interesting trip. There were electric company trucks from Texas working in her area, so we are hopeful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma