Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 PM

374 posts, read 806,710 times

Advertisements

would probably prefer living in Missouri over Oklahoma. Californians tend to be more libertarian. Oklahoma is a solid conservative state situated in the heart of the Bible Belt. Missouri has more of a left-leaning slant mixed in with conventional conservatism. St. Louis would be a prime location IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 12:40 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Do you just want to dissuade those nasty Califorians from moving to Oklahoma?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 PM

374 posts, read 806,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Just making an observation based on the political and cultural identities. Missouri or even Kansas would probably be a better fit.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM

778 posts, read 2,321,803 times
Let it go johnspecial, seriously.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

wow how rude and hateful for being from " the heart of the bible belt" Guess all you from thier don't practice what you preach?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:56 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,265 times
I think it is payback. You don't want no "Callies" wrecking your state. Can't say I blame you. I am pretty conservative, but afraid of tornados. I must say some mighty fine country music has come out of Oklahoma. Love Miss Carrie Underwood and Blake Shelton.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I think it is payback. You don't want no "Callies" wrecking your state. Can't say I blame you. I am pretty conservative, but afraid of tornados. I must say some mighty fine country music has come out of Oklahoma. Love Miss Carrie Underwood and Blake Shelton.
John Special doesn't represent most Oklahomans.

Yes, its a conservative state, but people, at least in OKC, aren't as anti-transplant as he is.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silly444 View Post
wow how rude and hateful for being from " the heart of the bible belt" Guess all you from thier don't practice what you preach?
Firtstly, I am completely irreligious.

Second, that swipe was meant for jonnspecial and NOT for anyone who is considering moving here.

I love California. In fact, I just relocated back to OK from the West Coast (Oregon.)

johnspecial just seems intent on painting Oklahoma and Oklahomans as 100% conservative and fundamentalist, which it is not.

I have nothing at all against anyone moving here. Some people (like the OP) just seem to be invested in making sure no "evil libruls" move in and "infect" his precious state.

It's nonsense.

All are welcome here.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:54 AM

274 posts, read 518,414 times
I'm from the other coast but if I wanted to live around liberals there wouldn't be any need for me to consider moving. Obviously I want a different kind of life than I have here. Liberals are destroying this state. They are pushing for an all-powerful government to be able to force people to submit to the will of the liberals. The liberals want to tax every aspect of our lives to enrich their privileged leaders. I want to live free of their attempts to gain total dominance over my life. If I stay here I have no hope of stopping that. I am hoping to move to Oklahoma while I still can. If I do get there I will fight to prevent any liberal control from getting a foothold there.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
would probably prefer living in Missouri over Oklahoma. Californians tend to be more libertarian. Oklahoma is a solid conservative state situated in the heart of the Bible Belt. Missouri has more of a left-leaning slant mixed in with conventional conservatism. St. Louis would be a prime location IMO.
As conservative as the California Central Valley is, surely plenty of people there are conservative enough for Oklahoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma