Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,615 times

Advertisements

Hi, I moved away from Ponca City about 6 years ago and when I moved it was a happening town, so many jobs and so much stuff to do! Well i decided to move back but I am worried I won't be able to find a decent job with my degree and everything, i realize Conoco leaving was pretty much the downfall of Ponca but man, does anyone know the top employers of Ponca now? I have a Bachelors in Business Information Technology and i'm hoping i'll be able to move back to my family

thanks,

Justin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,914 times
Hi Justin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschulz07 View Post
Hi, I moved away from Ponca City about 6 years ago and when I moved it was a happening town, so many jobs and so much stuff to do! Well i decided to move back but I am worried I won't be able to find a decent job with my degree and everything, i realize Conoco leaving was pretty much the downfall of Ponca but man, does anyone know the top employers of Ponca now? I have a Bachelors in Business Information Technology and i'm hoping i'll be able to move back to my family

thanks,

Justin
I've been in another thread inquiring about good places to relocate to in OK...
Got lots of good suggestions, but when I asked about PC or Blackwell, I haven't heard anything back yet...

Since you're asking about PC, I'm assuming you haven't been there recently.
It looks OK (umm I mean okay) on City-Data, but there's nothing like getting it from the horses mouth so to speak.

I'm an IT guy also. I've run a network service business in Northern NH for 10 years.

Hope you get some replies,

M.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
No city in Oklahoma is doing okay if it's population has been going downhill as in Ponca City.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:53 AM

52,684 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Ponca City just needs something else for their city and its economy to depend on other than oil. Some petroleum companies are in a state of flux and are faced with important business decisions, not the least of which is relocating their corporate entities.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:35 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
Ponca City does have some good tourist attractions. The Marland mansion and Poncan Theatre, among others, are worth going to see:

Welcome To The - Ponca City Oklahoma - Information Site

With the low cost of housing there, and golf course, they might try becoming a retirement type community.

Ponca City still has the refinery.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:02 AM

702 posts, read 2,516,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Ponca City just needs something else for their city and its economy to depend on other than oil. Some petroleum companies are in a state of flux and are faced with important business decisions, not the least of which is relocating their corporate entities.
Moderator cut: put down With the price of a barrel of oil, everyone I know working in the oil and gas industry is making so much money they don't know where to invest/spend it all!!

My nephew graduated from college last May, works for a company in Tulsa called Symerex (SP), his starting salary was $90K with a $22K sign on bonus. He graduated with a petroleum engineering degree. He just received a 38% pay increase! I have no sympathy for any oil/gas company and their dilemma of making "important business decisions". Those important business decisions must be where to hide all their profits!!

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 11-21-2007 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: put down

Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
The people in the oil & gas business should all save their money for when the prices crash.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
The people in the oil & gas business should all save their money for when the prices crash.
Hi Peggy,

You're asking too much...

The CEO's don't really care about average Joes (or Jo-Anns as the case may be) like us... Profit rules and d*mn the torpedoes!...

We need to elect people who are actually "people".
(yeah, I know... FAT CHANCE!"

BTW... I saw a thread here where you skipped visiting an event you wanted to attend because you didn't want to infect anyone else with your cold... You REALLY ARE good people!

M.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Hi Peggy,

You're asking too much...

The CEO's don't really care about average Joes (or Jo-Anns as the case may be) like us... Profit rules and d*mn the torpedoes!...

We need to elect people who are actually "people".
(yeah, I know... FAT CHANCE!"

BTW... I saw a thread here where you skipped visiting an event you wanted to attend because you didn't want to infect anyone else with your cold... You REALLY ARE good people!

M.
You and I think much alike CG. And yes, jessaka is good people, for sure.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You and I think much alike CG. And yes, jessaka is good people, for sure.
I've learned BOTH of those facts over the last (almost) week.

M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma