Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 PM

9 posts, read 29,841 times

Advertisements

Don't forget fixin.
Ie...
I'm fixin to go to the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 07:01 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,826,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsngr View Post
Don't forget fixin.
Ie...
Good One! Our Son-in-Law has one that drives our daughter NUTS! He always says "holt" instead of hold... as in: "You better git a holt of that fishin' pole before you lose it!"

Old 11-29-2007, 07:09 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,616,597 times
One that does drive me crazy is people say, "I have no ideal what to do."

Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 PM

265 posts, read 903,955 times
Broken Arrow is a wonderful, conservative community with growing retail. The city has the lowest crime rate in the state and is ranked 22 in the nation for low crime. Transportation is quite good. The Broken Arrow expressway is wide and carries about 80,000 cars a day and the Creek Turnpike runs along the south and east side of the city and is not clogged. The main roads are pretty good as well. Each year, there are more than 700 housing starts in Broken Arrow so finding a home will be easy. I hope this helps.

Let us know what you choose. Good luck with your move.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:15 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
DM me some mls numbers and I will get you some neighborhood information
Thanks, I'll have my wife pass the numbers to me and I'll pass them to you.
Appreciate it!

M.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsngr View Post
Don't forget fixin.
Ie...
That will take a couple of months, but if I hear it enough, I'm sure I'll get it down.

M.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,160 times
I couldn't tell Broken Arrow apart from Tulsa. They run together, which is why I wouldn't want to live there.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:24 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
The best slang I ever heard is the vocab in prison. Prison slang is pretty cool.

"kick rocks" as in, Kick rocks, buddy. That means walk or get away from me, walk away. "Press your bunk" means lie down on your bed. One of the first things you learn in prison is how to speak their language.

The most annoying is hearing "you know what I'm saying" a million times a day.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGuy View Post
Broken Arrow is a wonderful, conservative community with growing retail. The city has the lowest crime rate in the state and is ranked 22 in the nation for low crime. Transportation is quite good. The Broken Arrow expressway is wide and carries about 80,000 cars a day and the Creek Turnpike runs along the south and east side of the city and is not clogged. The main roads are pretty good as well. Each year, there are more than 700 housing starts in Broken Arrow so finding a home will be easy. I hope this helps.

Let us know what you choose. Good luck with your move.
Hi BAGuy, welcome to the thread.

Sounds busy there...

If I remember correctly, BA looked nice, but was out because there were few to no places available in the meager range we will be working with. We want to buy cash, and our place in NH is going to end up selling for about 2/3's what it's worth in this market... By the time the bank and everyone else gets their pound of flesh, we're going to be a bit limited as to what our options will be.

We're leaning towards the North East for the most part, although Guthrie and a few other places looked nice in the center of the state. Just outside of Bville looked do-able, as did Cushing.

My wife was looking at Tulsa, and there were a ton a places that looked pretty decent and really inexpensive... They looked like suburbs, but I don't think I could live in a huge place like Tulsa though. Don't like noise and traffic.

Thanks,

M.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I couldn't tell Broken Arrow apart from Tulsa. They run together, which is why I wouldn't want to live there.
I'd love a place in the woods, but near enough to everything, like you have, but it's WAY out of our range.

M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma