Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2007, 04:38 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,402,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
We had some damage about 1 1/2 years ago. We were caught off guard by the hail, and it put a lot of dents in one side of a pickup truck. It also beat up the side of our house and took a few years off the life of the roof. Plus it killed some of my tomato plants that were sitting on my porch.
Does your auto and house insurance take care of hale damage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 05:57 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times
Auto insurance covers hail damage if you carry comprehensive. Homeowners covers hail damage to your house.

It was a little stormy that evening, but nothing severe was predicted. We were sitting outside, when we began to hear a roaring sound. We thought it sounded like a jet aircraft or a train coming, but we knew that was impossible. Then the hail started falling.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Auto insurance covers hail damage if you carry comprehensive. Homeowners covers hail damage to your house.

It was a little stormy that evening, but nothing severe was predicted. We were sitting outside, when we began to hear a roaring sound. We thought it sounded like a jet aircraft or a train coming, but we knew that was impossible. Then the hail started falling.
Thanks for the info!

If this greenhorn heard what sounded like a jet or a train,
I'd be looking for the inevitable funnel cloud.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:32 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times
If I ever hear that sound again, I will run out to move my tomato plants to shelter.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
If I ever hear that sound again, I will run out to move my tomato plants to shelter.
I'd help, but I'm sure I'd be too busy looking for the approaching tornado and getting ready to send everyone to the "scaredy hole".... Providing we even have one.

The only credit I'd give myself, is that I want to see one before I go underground...
To hide out before then would be kinda lame...

I've been in a 21' boat on 8' waves, and I found it scary enough to actually put on a life jacket (the captain gave me the wheel and it was kinda like surfing on a larger scale... sorta fun after a while), but it's hard for me to imagine many things scarier than a tornado coming in my direction...

Yeah, I know, some of you guys are old hands at this, but I've only seen video... And it ain't pretty.... Then again, I kinda like GP's method of "sitting on the porch and if it looks like it's coming our way, hopping into the car and going in the other direction"....

Hope we have a camera ready if it ever did happen... The photos would convince my friends that we're completely nuts for moving there.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:45 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Just send them pics of these and say they are from your Okie friends; we see these on a regular basis (at least twice a week during the spring). That'll keep them away!

Old 12-17-2007, 03:00 PM

I can't say for a fact, and you ARE my friend, but I'm gonna guess YOU didn't take those pictures.

I would NEVER send canned pictures to my friends.
And though I'd like to keep the NON-Okie style folks away from there,
y'all would like most of my friends... I'm fussy about who I hang out with.

So... How 'bout that Linux install?

Old 12-17-2007, 03:21 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
I can't say for a fact, and you ARE my friend, but I'm gonna guess YOU didn't take those pictures.

I would NEVER send canned pictures to my friends.
And though I'd like to keep the NON-Okie style folks away from there,
y'all would like most of my friends... I'm fussy about who I hang out with.

So... How 'bout that Linux install?
Well I was all ready to do it "Saturdee" but you never responded to my Yahoo IM so I figured you were busy.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Well I was all ready to do it "Saturdee" but you never responded to my Yahoo IM so I figured you were busy.
I had a couple of things going on, but nothing important....
I did have the machine off from mid-morning on though.

But we do have this cool thing called a telephone...

It might be easier if we try to set something up in advance.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:55 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
I like the photo with the lightning bolt along with the tornado, but I would never use that as desktop paper. What I do have on my desktop is this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma