Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 10:44 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Call me a cynic, but I find it way too coincidental that this tempest occurred just before Christmas.......just in time for every 1st amendment lover AND every fundamentalist Christian to show their support for Phil by buying Duck Commander stuff. NOTHING on TV is as contrived and made up (excepting, maybe, Pro Wrestling) as Duck Dynasty. What makes you think this is nothing more than a marketing ploy, made up to 1) sell more DD crap, 2) set the stage for Willie to run for Congress, 3) improve ratings on what is, at best, a mediocre show?
Mediocre, or worse is right. I saw the show and was not well impressed. What a drag! It was so boring with sorry acting. I wouldn't be surprised if the show had been going down in viewership and so it was thought something had to be done about it.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:44 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Default No Nope Wrong Again

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Of course I've called a gay person a bigot. If they have views that suggest it,
No you wouldn't you are a Liar

Quote:
then I will say it. But again, you keep trying to put a negative light on the gay community. I've noticed you don't really acknowledge problems in the black community. And you still say you support gay rights?
Do you not put a negative light on me and the Christian African American Community Yea or nay....
Yes or No..I'm waiting ?

Quote:
You singled out Obama, though you left out some high-profile people who could've lost fans
Your are a Liar none of those far left artists and performers would lose fan quite the opposite thing
would occur they would all gain a tremendous amount of brand new fans LOL......Falling Out Of My Chair

Quote:
. Obama also addressed gay rights aside from marriage when no other president before him would. He also took a huge risk in voicing support for gay marriage in that he did it before an election. Many politicians considered that career suicide.
I supported the use of Gays in the Military serving openly and all of the other rights that POTUS supported. You are a Liar He did it solely because of the election , and deep down inside he's
knows that it destroy the Christian Beliefs concerning what a true Marriage is One Man and One
Woman Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve.....

Quote:
I have answered your question. Most recently today. I said there are gay individuals who are bigots. And you wonder why I criticized your reading abilities? Now it's your turn: why don't you worry about your own community than someone else's?
You dodged my questions until Dec 23 2013 " Stop Being As Phoney As Gourmet Baloney you just
Answered me Yesterday genius with the pointed hat......

Quote:
Why are you bringing African nationals into this? I laid the rules: I said Jews in general, but black Americans... who are more specific. People dying in Rwanda, Sudan, Somalia or anywhere else aren't Americans. What I mentioned was the Holocaust alone, but you've neglected the long plight of the Jewish people who were persecuted and murdered for centuries prior to Hitler's rise. That number would easily top those who died in the slave trade.
You aren't making any sense I dealt with Jews and Africans of the two Groups African have been oppressed much more than Jews. African were slaved by Arabs and Caucasian for thousands of years where Millions upon Million of African Lost Theirs Life's. African are being enslaved in 2013 where
hundreds of thousands Black African are still being put to death while The World Watch With It's
Arms Folded Across Theirs Chest.......LOL falling out of my chair....

Quote:
You're just all over the place today. You mentioned gay history wasn't taught in schools... then mentioned it was taught in California
Gay Books and History were brought into the California Schools System and parents like me kicked them out because that not what you tell 1st Graders.....LOL

Quote:
. Did you forget your Venn diagrams they taught in school? America would be a big circle around California, meaning it has to belong to America though more of America exists beyond California. You seem to forget there are 49 other states, plus DC.
My reference is CA because I live in CA

Quote:
I've mentioned ad nauseum how you're a bigot. You oppose equality. End of story.
I don't opposed Equality because Homosexuals used Domestic Partnerships Once Upon A Time to
recieve Civil Rights And Equality

Quote:
And I would like to say more, but I have to turn this post over to my completely unrelated, random sponsor who has absolutely nothing to do with this topic and contributes nothing to this discussion, but I am compelled to post one of their videos.

This post brought to you by UGA. At your next karaoke party, remember "UGA! UGA! UGA!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCs2rXlFRY
Now You Cooking With Grits SON..................

Old 12-24-2013, 12:02 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
Call me a cynic, but I find it way too coincidental that this tempest occurred just before Christmas.......just in time for every 1st amendment lover AND every fundamentalist Christian to show their support for Phil by buying Duck Commander stuff. NOTHING on TV is as contrived and made up (excepting, maybe, Pro Wrestling) as Duck Dynasty. What makes you think this is nothing more than a marketing ploy, made up to 1) sell more DD crap, 2) set the stage for Willie to run for Congress, 3) improve ratings on what is, at best, a mediocre show?
Nothing cynical about it at all, I think a lot of folks feel this was a big PR stunt. Look at what happened when Chick-Fil-a went on their anti gay campaign. They made millions because they knew who their base was. These reality shows and not reality at all. Every weekly drama is scripted and directed and edited for the one hour show. It amazes me how many people think that someone is just following a group of people around with a camcorder picking up normal events in their lives. You know how much more boring that show would be if it were not scripted and directed? All those shows are phony, that have to be. DD show is a business and they have writers, directors, producers and sponsors who have a big say so in what is going to be on that show.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:18 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Howest2008, you can type and type and type all you want but states are falling like dominos. It seems as soon as a case is challenged in the courts, that states bigotry laws fall. Because of the defeat of DOMA these laws have nothing to stand on.

Just this week Utah's SSM laws were overturned. Who would have thought Utah would be this early entering the SSM arena? If Utah gave in so easily whats to say places like Oklahoma, Arkansas or Mississippi are far behind. I always thought Utah would be one of the last states to have SSM.

The righting is on the wall, SSM is here and it will be the law of the land way sooner than I think most anyone thought it would be.

You just need to learn to accept other folks who are different.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:23 PM

Default I Already Said That We Are Just Waiting For The Other Shoe To Drop Remember

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Howest2008, you can type and type and type all you want
but states are falling like dominos. It seems as soon as a case is challenged
in the courts, that states bigotry laws fall. Because of the defeat of DOMA
these laws have nothing to stand on.
I though that I was detailing all of the states coming on board with SSM myself.....Utah and
New Mexico and Illinois and Hawaii comes to mind.

I though that I left some hyper - links also.....

Texas is the next state that is up to bat with litigation going on in Houston Texas...

Quote:
Just this week Utah's SSM laws were overturned. Who would have thought Utah
would be this early entering the SSM arena? If Utah gave in so easily whats to
say places like Oklahoma, Arkansas or Mississippi are far behind. I always
thought Utah would be one of the last states to have SSM.
Yeah and I also mentioned to Mr. dvxhd the possibility of him starting a legal action in Oklahoma
by going down to the city county clerk and demanding that Oklahoma recognise his out of state
Domestic Partnership here in the state of Oklahoma.

Quote:

The righting is on the wall, SSM is here and it will be the law of the land
way sooner than I think most anyone thought it would be.

You just need to learn to accept other folks who are different.
I accept other people that are different I just don't accept disrespect directed toward me by someone
that is dishonest.....dvxhd should've known that Domestic Partnerships were A Gay Institution and
not a tool of Bigotry used by Bigots such as myself. I should've never been lumped together in the
same classification as KKK and Nazis.....Bigots opposing both DP and SSM are bigots (I Am Not in theirs category )..... and to add insult to injury dvxhd Tap Dancing Around Not Calling POTUS A Bigot who supported Domestic Partnerships just as I Do for his ( Whole First Administration ) 4 years in office
ranks as some one who is very dishonest.

I am mainly just having fun with some people that disrespected me . no harm no hurt no injury if
people can only read between the lines. I have accepted SSM because it is the Law of the Land in
California where I live , so I don't understand what you are talking about ( Learn To Accept Those
That Are Different From Myself ) already been there and done that.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Default Hyper Links

Quote:
Quote:
How in the world did 5 to 8 Million black folks die in
the Africa to America slave trade? If that is a true number, then that is
terrible.
They always underestimate the death of Blacks here's some Links that will give a ball Park Estimate....................
Digital History
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part1/1narr4.html
Africans in America/Part 1/The Middle Passage
Middle Passage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Slave Trade
The Middle Passage and Slave Ships
https://sites.google.com/site/dnscbaspnet/tst-passage
Encyclopedia Virginia: Slave Ships and the Middle Passage
The Middle Passage | The Atlantic crossing | From Africa to America | Slavery Routes | Bristol and Transatlantic Slavery | PortCities Bristol

As you can plainly see I made a very conservative estimate on the Millions of deaths.

Last edited by Howest2008; 12-24-2013 at 03:11 PM..

Old 12-24-2013, 03:19 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Quote:

The righting is on the wall, SSM is here .........
So is the writing. However I do like and endorse it as a "righting."

Old 12-24-2013, 03:48 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
So is the writing. However I do like and endorse it as a "righting."

Iye hayte et win Iye caynt spayl wayl.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:22 PM

374 posts, read 807,077 times
Good Lord. Do all 7 liberals in the state of Oklahoma hang out in this forum?

Is this part of y'alls hopeless "turn Oklahoma blue" campaign where you advertise your progressive triumphs to people who may be liberal and wanting to relocate?

Old 12-24-2013, 06:21 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
No you wouldn't you are a Liar

Do you not put a negative light on me and the Christian African American Community Yea or nay....
Yes or No..I'm waiting ?

Your are a Liar none of those far left artists and performers would lose fan quite the opposite thing
would occur they would all gain a tremendous amount of brand new fans LOL......Falling Out Of My Chair

I supported the use of Gays in the Military serving openly and all of the other rights that POTUS supported. You are a Liar He did it solely because of the election , and deep down inside he's
knows that it destroy the Christian Beliefs concerning what a true Marriage is One Man and One
Woman Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve.....

You dodged my questions until Dec 23 2013 " Stop Being As Phoney As Gourmet Baloney you just
Answered me Yesterday genius with the pointed hat......

You aren't making any sense I dealt with Jews and Africans of the two Groups African have been oppressed much more than Jews. African were slaved by Arabs and Caucasian for thousands of years where Millions upon Million of African Lost Theirs Life's. African are being enslaved in 2013 where
hundreds of thousands Black African are still being put to death while The World Watch With It's
Arms Folded Across Theirs Chest.......LOL falling out of my chair....

Gay Books and History were brought into the California Schools System and parents like me kicked them out because that not what you tell 1st Graders.....LOL

My reference is CA because I live in CA

I don't opposed Equality because Homosexuals used Domestic Partnerships Once Upon A Time to
recieve Civil Rights And Equality
Now You Cooking With Grits SON..................
How would you possibly know what I would and wouldn't do? Which leads me to your next ludicrous point. No, I never put the "Christian African American" community in a negative light. Go back and read this whole thread, and you'll see that you've been trying to spin in that way.

Oh they would lose fans for homophobia? Like comments Dave Chappelle has made? Or Eddie Murphy? Chris Culliver? Dexter Manley? Kanye West? Chris Brown? Hey, he even has fans after beating a woman. Obama also made history as the first president to voice support for same sex marriage, and there was concern that he would lose reelection for doing that. I'd ask you to remember what happened when he said that, but you forget things written to you the same day. Think before you write next time. That's asking a lot of you, but try.

Ha ha! First you claim to know me in and out, by saying I wouldn't call someone a bigot... now you know what Obama's thinking? You should close this account and make a new one with the user name as Miss Cleo. How exactly is same sex marriage destroying America? You love to cite examples, so I'm eager to see what negative consequences same sex marriages have. They contribute to the economy, as New York saw when it lost a lot of business to neighboring states at the time it recognized marriages performed elsewhere only. If it were legalized nationwide, it would be a massive boost to the economy, plus a permanent increase year-after-year. When you find a source, remember: it has to be fact-based, not religious superstition.

Your question was ridiculous. You've dodged most of mine as well because you can't answer them, yet still claim to know all about the gay community. Who's fake now? Still waiting on the answers to those trivia questions.

No, it was black Americans, not Africans. Focus please. Jews were captured for slavery since the Egyptian Empire (which predates the Arabian Caliphate). They were also sent to work camps to make weapons for Nazi soldiers. Also... why are you laughing about the slaughter of millions of Africans?

Gay history is taught in California. Is that what you originally said though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Gay History is not Mandatory in school Yet hold on Kiddo...
That was posted yesterday. Oops! You were wrong again. Why is anyone to trust what you have to say when you can't even remember what you wrote less than 24 hours ago?

I like that you used the word "used", meaning past tense. You're supporting an outdated notion, much like that religion to which you adhere. By the way, I know you aren't smart enough to figure it out, and you won't do the research. So allow me to elaborate on the final question of that trivia challenge you failed to do: May 18, 1970 was the first attempt at gay marriage, and it happened in Minnesota. You have trouble with these things, so let me point out that 1970 happened before 1979. At that time, many states didn't have bans on same sex marriage (Maryland was the first to ban it in 1973). The gay civil rights movement didn't gain traction until 1969, and the domestic partnership notion was an attempt to take one step forward. It wasn't seen as a permanent alternative to marriage, but rather as a way to segue into equality. Circling back to this, what you're essentially saying would be the equivalent of voicing support for the 3/5 Compromise... which counted black people as citizens, but not to the extent of whites. It's an outdated notion that gave meager progress to black people long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
Good Lord. Do all 7 liberals in the state of Oklahoma hang out in this forum?

Is this part of y'alls hopeless "turn Oklahoma blue" campaign where you advertise your progressive triumphs to people who may be liberal and wanting to relocate?
Don't you have some militia compound to protect from the government, or some Nascar to watch, or more time to dedicate an unhealthy fixation on a state you'll never live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma