U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 02:21 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,998,431 times

Advertisements

Dale Cooper, what's the point of insulting those you write to? There's enough of that in the political forum, don't you think? I promise you anything you can think of to write, readers of this forum will be able to comprehend it. Trust me. Try not to be so tacky.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 03:19 PM

22,863 posts, read 16,116,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
I want fewer bills, not more. Coburn's role has been to try to reign in the incredible stupidity that our current generation seems intent on inflicting upon itself.
There needs to be more, not fewer, new bills to come forth, in order to just repeal or reform the bad bills that got passed.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:54 PM

32,845 posts, read 18,662,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Dale Cooper, what's the point of insulting those you write to? There's enough of that in the political forum, don't you think? I promise you anything you can think of to write, readers of this forum will be able to comprehend it. Trust me. Try not to be so tacky.
I agree. I ride-share to work with a staunch right-wing conservative who hates Obama. We laugh and joke and treat each other with respect even though we know we disagree.

If you come out with a post and start throwing lead, you can expect it right back. If you try and be respectful, the respect will be returned. Everyone remembers mkfarnum. I always treated him with respect because he always treated me with respect. No matter how much we disagreed on this forum.

Looking at Western Pilgrim's posting history, I noticed most of his posts are on the P&OC forum. I am surrounded by farmers and ranchers and we don't talk to each other the way Cooper does and all our neighbors are died-in-the-wool conservative republicans. So what? We help each other out, we look out for each other and we get along.

It is okay to disagree.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Sure go ahead and bash without facts, makes perfect sense to me. Both sides of the isle do it. What a great country!
I did find something that Sen. Coburn authored. Back in 2007 he got added on to a bill that the Senate passed that would heavily fine those who sell or promote medical marijuana.

Medical marijuana dealers who promote or advertise marijuana for medical use would be fined as much as $150,000 for a first offense and $300,000 for additional false advertising offenses. In addition, those who sell marijuana for unapproved medical uses would be subject to FDA fines as high as $2 million for non-compliance with FDA statutory requirements set by this bill. The House was Democrat ruled back then, so it never passed there.

Well, Mr. Coburn, if you think marijuana is that incredibly dangerous to us, why didn't you include life in prison or even death for punishment? What has the good doctor tried to do about legal drugs killing us or getting us addicted to them? Teenagers who got dumped and heartbroken can go to a drug store and buy sleeping pills to use to try to kill themselves. That's scarier than what marijuana can do.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 AM

13,893 posts, read 12,317,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
lol. You must be thinking of hateful, tacky political posts like these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
As an Okie, I can say without equivocating that Tom Coburn is an imbecile and an @- hole.

However, Jim Inhofe is even worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Tom Coburn has been a genuinely evil idiot for years and years - I hated him so much when I lived in Oklahoma. Jim Inhofe is the same. I can't believe they're still in office - seriously, Oklahomans!

ALL Americans are big time upset with Coburn and his ilk.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 PM

641 posts, read 896,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I did find something that Sen. Coburn authored. Back in 2007 he got added on to a bill that the Senate passed that would heavily fine those who sell or promote medical marijuana.

Medical marijuana dealers who promote or advertise marijuana for medical use would be fined as much as $150,000 for a first offense and $300,000 for additional false advertising offenses. In addition, those who sell marijuana for unapproved medical uses would be subject to FDA fines as high as $2 million for non-compliance with FDA statutory requirements set by this bill. The House was Democrat ruled back then, so it never passed there.

Well, Mr. Coburn, if you think marijuana is that incredibly dangerous to us, why didn't you include life in prison or even death for punishment? What has the good doctor tried to do about legal drugs killing us or getting us addicted to them? Teenagers who got dumped and heartbroken can go to a drug store and buy sleeping pills to use to try to kill themselves. That's scarier than what marijuana can do.
The "legal" drug culture might not be the cause of all of our troubles, but they sure seem to be correlated, and it certainly is a sick state of affairs. Have you noticed how many minutes of advertising time go to long, heavily financed drug ads which purport to cure things that you never knew that you might have, but you'd better get to your physician soon so that it can be prescribed to you. Then the boilerplate list of possible dreadful side effects, which generally include death or suicidal thoughts.

What is really funny is that these ads are often followed immediately by lawyers commercials which are encouraging you to sue for the horrible side effects which were caused by the drugs which were heavily advertised 3 or 4 years ago. Who is more lecherous, the fortune 500 drug pushers, or the lawyers?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:00 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,294,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree. I ride-share to work with a staunch right-wing conservative who hates Obama. We laugh and joke and treat each other with respect even though we know we disagree.

If you come out with a post and start throwing lead, you can expect it right back. If you try and be respectful, the respect will be returned. Everyone remembers mkfarnum. I always treated him with respect because he always treated me with respect. No matter how much we disagreed on this forum.

Looking at Western Pilgrim's posting history, I noticed most of his posts are on the P&OC forum. I am surrounded by farmers and ranchers and we don't talk to each other the way Cooper does and all our neighbors are died-in-the-wool conservative republicans. So what? We help each other out, we look out for each other and we get along.

It is okay to disagree.
Amen to all of this, RB!

Old 11-12-2013, 05:21 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,998,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. You must be thinking of hateful, tacky political posts like these:
No. I'm certain the posts on my mind were directly from you. I noticed them specifically.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
The "legal" drug culture might not be the cause of all of our troubles, but they sure seem to be correlated, and it certainly is a sick state of affairs. Have you noticed how many minutes of advertising time go to long, heavily financed drug ads which purport to cure things that you never knew that you might have, but you'd better get to your physician soon so that it can be prescribed to you. Then the boilerplate list of possible dreadful side effects, which generally include death or suicidal thoughts.

What is really funny is that these ads are often followed immediately by lawyers commercials which are encouraging you to sue for the horrible side effects which were caused by the drugs which were heavily advertised 3 or 4 years ago. Who is more lecherous, the fortune 500 drug pushers, or the lawyers?
It's a crazy country we live in, yet, we think the insanity is limited to mostly the Muslim countries.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:33 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,294,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's a crazy country we live in, yet, we think the insanity is limited to mostly the Muslim countries.
Don't kid yourself, anyone who's been there knows it's a lot worse.

Are things bad (getting bad) and is America in decline? Sure. But we still have so many freedoms, mostly taken for granted, which the vast majority of folks from Muslim countries do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma