U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 PM

32,036 posts, read 17,294,964 times

Advertisements

O-Who?

Sorry Stoops. Your offensive shot callers over-analyzed the entire game. Should have just let the boys play.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:18 AM

6,076 posts, read 10,752,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
O-Who?

Sorry Stoops. Your offensive shot callers over-analyzed the entire game. Should have just let the boys play.
Ok, now just call me dumb if you wish. But I have to ask this, "what are you talking about, Redbird", now I'm confused even more than normal.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:28 AM

32,036 posts, read 17,294,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Ok, now just call me dumb if you wish. But I have to ask this, "what are you talking about, Redbird", now I'm confused even more than normal.
OU fans are confused too, SeabeeBolt. The multi-millionaire Stoops is on a 4 game bowl losing streak. They lost the BCS National Championship last night 24-14 to Miami.

NCAA Football news, scores, rankings - 2008 Bowls - College Football - SI.com

And no OU fans are posting.

I can't stand Stoops, but watching the game was painful, because I know the OU team is way better than they looked last night, and I wanted Bradford and the OU team to win.

Where are all the OU fans? You have to give credit to the Gators. They never folded and their defense held OU on the goal line.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM

Thanks for filling me in on that Redbird. I don't watch sports, so I had no clue to what you were talking about. I'm one of those few Americans that finds something else to watch on TV, you know like, This Old House, New Yankee Work Shot, Hometime, Rockhounds and Cool Tools . If I'm asked to watch kids play football at the high school, that I will do, but only as long as the school keeps the "pay-to-play" program. But once it reaches the college and especially the pro level, I quit watching it.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,229,574 times
I'm not into sports either. I'll watch Baseball and Nascar, but that's about it.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 AM

3,714 posts, read 8,126,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Thanks for filling me in on that Redbird. I don't watch sports, so I had no clue to what you were talking about. I'm one of those few Americans that finds something else to watch on TV, you know like, This Old House, New Yankee Work Shot, Hometime, Rockhounds and Cool Tools . If I'm asked to watch kids play football at the high school, that I will do, but only as long as the school keeps the "pay-to-play" program. But once it reaches the college and especially the pro level, I quit watching it.
Sports have changed a lot over the years. When I was a teenager, my brother and his friends and I used to go to demolition derbies, live wrestling [which has absolutely nothing in common with today's wrestling], I saw the Harlem Globetrotters live, I went with my aunt to some of the Cardinal's games before Busch Stadium was built, and so on. A few years back, there was a show called 'Competition' on the Discovery channel which had all kinds of regional things - demolition derbies using school buses, mule pulls, lawn mower races, you name it and someone somewhere does it. As for the more modern and commercial sports, my favorite was mud bogging, but that didn't seem to be popular enough to stay on national networks. So I quit watching. Now, the closest I come to watching any kind of sport is the annual Westminster Kennel Club show, which I plan to buy after it's over this year. The DVD is much cheaper than paying for the TV experience.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'm not into sports either. I'll watch Baseball and Nascar, but that's about it.
I hear that NASCAR and golf are about the only two professional sports that tax dollars aren't wasted on. And I put the big "bold" on wasted for a reason, because any tax dollars that are used in any level for so called professional sports is a waste. The kids need that money in the schools and to prepare them for college. Not for a bunch of grown men playing childrens games and making millions doing it, let them pay for the stadiums, baseball fields and basketball courts, not tax dollars.

Ok, I'm done ranting

Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,958,467 times
Redbird, you are spot on in your analysis of the Sooners. Stoops is the Marv Levy of college football.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:22 PM

215 posts, read 444,115 times
Hey RB!

Right on! I ain't much for the games either but I have been watchin' OU, and last night WAS painful. Poor Sam was so busy watching the sidelines and all the crotch grabbing going on with those three, that the Gators had tons of time to figure what they should do. They should have let Sam play his game. He almost looked skeered to not watch the dancing girls!!!! AND THEN to let Tebow pull the same stunt that many times........................Oh my.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM

184,251 posts, read 75,074,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
OU fans are confused too, SeabeeBolt. The multi-millionaire Stoops is on a 4 game bowl losing streak. They lost the BCS National Championship last night 24-14 to Miami.

NCAA Football news, scores, rankings - 2008 Bowls - College Football - SI.com

And no OU fans are posting.

I can't stand Stoops, but watching the game was painful, because I know the OU team is way better than they looked last night, and I wanted Bradford and the OU team to win.

Where are all the OU fans? You have to give credit to the Gators. They never folded and their defense held OU on the goal line.
One slight correction Redbird... They lost to the Gators, Not the Miami Hurricanes...Deem gator would be furious over a typo like that...I didn't watch it even though I'm in FL...Not a football fan...I'll root for OK once I get moved to the west though...I still need a small place out your way with a fertile garden spot and a lot of peace and quiet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma