U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 04:51 PM

1,989 posts, read 3,953,068 times

Advertisements

Yeah!
What he said!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:04 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,985,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
They have no ideas....
Just a bunch of talk and BS!
They'll say anything to get elected.
They just want the power and money.

The entire race seems to be based on a cult of personality.

Are we Americans so dumb and are our memories so short?

And why do most folk let the media decide who's going to win?
Turn off your televisions and do some REAL research on
ALL the candidates before you vote.
Most of the people running are severely unqualified to run a country.
What a joke!

I'm disgusted with ALL our choices on either side....
Except for maybe Ron Paul, and he's not perfect either.
But at least he has a perfect constitutional voting record.
(Besides... How can you not like a guy who wants to get rid of the I.R.S. and the U.N.? It will never happen, but it's a nice sentiment.)
The rest of the candidates seem to use the constitution for toilet paper.

Sorry for the rant!
Back to regularly scheduled programming....
DITTO! I fail to understand why the media is allowed to pick and choose our candidates by deciding who to allow into the debates and such. I wonder if people realize that we the voters are being "herded" down a path to choose from only those candidates that they want to have exposure.

Ron Paul has been left out of almost every televised debate, yet if you look at any polls across America, he has a substantial following. However, the media and both parties want him excluded.

He has some issues, I agree, but I think he is worthy of hearing. Why not let him be heard on a nationally televised debate? What are they afraid of?

Sorry to rant. I believe every person has a different perspective and I respect them all.

The weekend is here!

Old 02-01-2008, 09:34 PM

32,041 posts, read 17,314,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
DITTO! I fail to understand ... !
Synopse has questions and wants to know WHY! WE the people want answers! Luke Synopse Skywalker, you must lead the rebellion, it is your destiny.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/sdfse.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-01-2008, 11:03 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,500,120 times
You guys are funny. Redbird, is that your baby?

You know, I liked Ron Paul's ideas, too. He just doesn't seem to have enough force behind him and doesn't seem confident enough. He's too mild and meek which is a pity cause he really has some common sense.

I've always been a Republican, but I don't think I've ever voted a straight ticket. AND sometimes I've voted wrong.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,252,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
CG's MAD AS H3LL, AND HE'S NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

OMG!! It's CG!!!..http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage06/8.gif (broken link)http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/madasheck.jpg (broken link)
.................................................. ...........

Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 AM

3,160 posts, read 9,515,600 times
All the possible scenarios for the November election sound pitiful. I'm voting for Paul in the primary on Tuesday because he is the only one who tells what he will actually do in the future. Where's Teddy Roosevelt when we need him? We were talking last night and agreed that the media would treat him about the same as Ron Paul.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:17 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,252,886 times
Voting Tuesday?
Ok, I'm still new here in OK. I'm regiserted to vote in OK. , but when do we vote.
I'm use to receiving a ballot (brocure) weeks in advance. and I was sighned up for absentee voting in CA.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Voting Tuesday?
Ok, I'm still new here in OK. I'm regiserted to vote in OK. , but when do we vote.
I'm use to receiving a ballot (brocure) weeks in advance. and I was sighned up for absentee voting in CA.
Ex-Californians are not allowed to vote until the California wears off; for some that is up to 12 years. Be sure and stop by the nearest voting place to be tested. I suspect that you may be able to vote already! Seriously, you can vote at churches if I recall correctly.

Tuesday is the day to vote (I think).

Old 02-02-2008, 01:36 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,500,120 times
Wow, I didn't realize that OK was part of the big Tues. vote. We'll probably have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen by late Tues. night. Our own primary isn't until June and they've talked about moving it up to the same time as the Iowa caucuses. Hasn't happened yet, but we're so sparsely populated that we don't change things much.

I was just out at the store and as I was driving home, I was right behind a nice Envoy from Ok. I thought about you guys.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:04 PM

Default The Ugliest House in Texas

I know, it's not in Oklahoma, but I pass this house which is a few miles South of me on the way to a convenience store that I like. It HAS to be the UGLIEST house I've ever seen!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma