Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 03:57 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,914 times

Advertisements

LR and Peggy are in the top 3 so far!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:43 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
This is hilarious...

YouTube - Unnecessary Censorship Anniversary Edition Jimmy Kimmel Live

Old 02-07-2008, 06:24 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Default Possible site for relocators

For those looking to relocate to OK, here are a couple of sites which list foreclosures. (One doesn't have OK listings.) A friend in OKC used to peruse the foreclosures in OKC where she found her home.

I remember seeing a list of foreclosed homes somewhere, ? OK GOV website? There used to be a website for OK listings, but I don't remember the name of it.

PropertyShark - Real Estate Maps, Foreclosures, Property Reports and Comparables

Foreclosures Real Estate Foreclosure Listings and Homes at RealtyTrac

For Karibear, I was in town today and there is another realtor by the name of GMA which has a lot of properties in Holdenville, and I am sure other towns in OK. Wish I could find their website for you. Meantime here is another link.

Oklahoma Real Estate, Oklahoma Homes for Sale, MLS Listings

Old 02-07-2008, 07:54 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,320,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
For those looking to relocate to OK, here are a couple of sites which list foreclosures. (One doesn't have OK listings.) A friend in OKC used to peruse the foreclosures in OKC where she found her home.

I remember seeing a list of foreclosed homes somewhere, ? OK GOV website? There used to be a website for OK listings, but I don't remember the name of it.

PropertyShark - Real Estate Maps, Foreclosures, Property Reports and Comparables

Foreclosures Real Estate Foreclosure Listings and Homes at RealtyTrac

For Karibear, I was in town today and there is another realtor by the name of GMA which has a lot of properties in Holdenville, and I am sure other towns in OK. Wish I could find their website for you. Meantime here is another link.

Oklahoma Real Estate, Oklahoma Homes for Sale, MLS Listings
I've done a lot of searching for foreclosure sites, but they all want to be paid. Even the ones that advertise themselves as 'free' only have a free trial period, then they still want $$. I've looked at HUD listings, but there's way too much hassle involved with them. I'm contemplating compromising what I want with what's available that I can afford. One thing I definitely won't do is overextend myself - I know what I can afford better than the mortgage companies!

I suspect that GMA is really GMAC, and I have their site. They do have a lot of lisings and I've called. I told them what I was looking for, and they haven't called back. Neither have the Robinson people. I've even thought about renting a place until I have a chance to look around, at least I'd be able to get in their faces! But I can't find anyone who rents anything, either.

Last edited by karibear; 02-07-2008 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
You are right. All of those websites want $$$. No go for me.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:03 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I suspect that GMA is really GMAC, and I have their site. They do have a lot of lisings and I've called. I told them what I was looking for, and they haven't called back. Neither have the Robinson people. I've even thought about renting a place until I have a chance to look around, at least I'd be able to get in their faces! But I can't find anyone who rents anything, either.
Yes, GMAC is the name. I couldn't remember it. You just about have to travel down here and take a look-see yourself. I don't envy you trying to find a place online.

Of course, anytime you find something local, you know Peg and I will give you honest feedback. And believe me, most of the places here are fixer-uppers.

Maybe renting for a few months is the way to go. Keep us posted.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:10 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,320,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Yes, GMAC is the name. I couldn't remember it. You just about have to travel down here and take a look-see yourself. I don't envy you trying to find a place online.

Of course, anytime you find something local, you know Peg and I will give you honest feedback. And believe me, most of the places here are fixer-uppers.

Maybe renting for a few months is the way to go. Keep us posted.
Know anyone who has a house for rent?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:55 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I've done a lot of searching for foreclosure sites, but they all want to be paid. Even the ones that advertise themselves as 'free' only have a free trial period, then they still want $$. I've looked at HUD listings, but there's way too much hassle involved with them. I'm contemplating compromising what I want with what's available that I can afford. One thing I definitely won't do is overextend myself - I know what I can afford better than the mortgage companies!

For rentals check the local online news papers for that city. Don't go through a real estate broker for a rental unless you have to.
There are houses to rent in OK. for as low as and lower than 325.00 a month.

But renting inside city limits you pay, gas, elec, trash, water,sewer,
(elec, trash, water,sewer is all one bill)

Old 02-09-2008, 10:26 PM

689 posts, read 2,057,418 times
Default I Found an Okie Doctor

This thread is for talking about anything, right? I want to share the story of my doctor appointment today. Pain management doc, for my old aching back. Early in the appointment, he asked me where I'm from. My little bit of an accent, I guess. "Oklahoma" says I. "Where, exactly?" he asks. "OKC". Turns out he's from Tulsa, practiced at St John's for ten years and moved to western Washington in 2001.

We talked about OKC and Tulsa and made a "date" to meet again so he can stick a needle in my back. As I was leaving, I told him (and it was true) that I almost wore my scissortail flycatcher TShirt but changed to a plain shirt. He laughed and his receptionist said "What are you talking about?" He explained about the state bird and went on to tell her about the state flower - the mistletoe. I told him I thought it had changed but we figured, what the heck? Mistletoe makes a lot better story than Oklahoma Rose and no one in Washington's gonna know the difference.

It's always fun meeting someone from Oklahoma. I hope I'll be back home soon.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:36 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
That is a good story, Cindycat. It's always nice to meet a fellow Okie when far away from home.

Mistletoe is still the official floral emblem of Oklahoma, so we haven't forgotten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma