Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 08:57 AM

2,072 posts, read 5,414,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Here's another good laugh for CG and the newcomers. Better get yours, CG, before they outlaw them!!

Breitbart.tv » ‘Truck Nuts’: Oklahoma Lawmaker Moves to Castrate Crude Vehicle Testicles
Ok I scrolled through a little bit and this is too funny.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:59 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,138,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Here's another good laugh for CG and the newcomers. Better get yours, CG, before they outlaw them!!

Breitbart.tv » ‘Truck Nuts’: Oklahoma Lawmaker Moves to Castrate Crude Vehicle Testicles
Man do I feel like a Dope,
Sorry redbird4848 I didn't know that you started this discussion yesterday morning on the "Truck Nuts". Maybe I should pay better attention next time before I start a thread on a new subject, well I thought it was a new thread. Sorry about that big guy .

Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 AM

54 posts, read 196,213 times
i agree with other poster...kids now days do have it to easy...when i was a kid, im 36, so not THAT long ago....lol, we lived for being outside...hated the call to come in...and only outside toy i had was a bike, and i rode the stuffen out of it...lol i was never bored, and we had 3 channels(as the song goes..ya had to get up to change) and nearest video game was a pinball in town...lol today, house is in "green day", i allowed tv or radio in living room, kids complained all of 5 min(i was suprised!) and sun came out, so out they went...they have been occuping themselves, even my 6 yr old, who lives for his cartoons, my 13yr old who lives for his video games...my daughter has complained about no radio in her room, but then she found a book to read...and was content...lol. see...just takes a little tough love and they can do it...lol kids now days need this reminder to be "kids", maybe it will mean less kids walken the streets, joining gangs...and above all, less overweight and more active.
on other comment a poster put, kids as adults, still living at home, dont work..etc...i agree...whats with that?? as a kid, if i wanted extra money, i mowed yards..painted fences, etc...nothen got handed to me. i see kids now days that dont have to clean their rooms, take out trash..ect(who else watches Nanny 911????lol) and yes, their haven fmailies when they cant fend for themselves yet, its nuts!!! i tell mine, if you truly need the help(layed off or something) i will help with what i can, but if ya start a fmaily and get lazy, i wont support ya!!! guess im old fashioned.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM

I remember when one of my sisters got pregnant at the age of 17 and my Dad sent her butt packing out the door. In his words "If you think your woman enough to get pregnant, then you woman enough to do it all on your own". And needless to say, I don't blame him a bit. He always told us boys that if we got a girl pregnant then be a man and take care of your problems on your own. He was real old fashion, but I love and respected my parents deeply.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:51 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,402,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I remember when one of my sisters got pregnant at the age of 17 and my Dad sent her butt packing out the door. In his words "If you think your woman enough to get pregnant, then you woman enough to do it all on your own". And needless to say, I don't blame him a bit. He always told us boys that if we got a girl pregnant then be a man and take care of your problems on your own. He was real old fashion, but I love and respected my parents deeply.
It sounds harsh, but if more parents were like that
(in addition to supervising their kids),
there'd be a LOT fewer of those problems...

Am I the only one who's noticed the absence of MK?
(Hope he's okay in OK.)

Old 02-25-2008, 01:11 PM

Default The Okie forum....

Hey kids,

I've checked out and posted in a few other CD forums recently...
With the exception of this one, I think I'm invisible...

Thanks for the warm welcome I originally received,
and the new friends I've made here.

Okies rock!
Can't wait to get there.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Hey kids,

I've checked out and posted in a few other CD forums recently...
With the exception of this one, I think I'm invisible...

Thanks for the warm welcome I originally received,
and the new friends I've made here.

Okies rock!
Can't wait to get there.
So what are you saying there CG, your not leaving are you?

Old 02-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
So what are you saying there CG, your not leaving are you?
HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just commenting on how the Okie forum is the most friendly of the lot.
No wonder I want to be an Okie....
(In spite of the weather, bugs, and heat...)

Old 02-25-2008, 01:52 PM

432 posts, read 669,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suthernharleyryder View Post
I ask each of you to by american, save fuel/energy, etc ...
Good thoughts, Harley. I'm going to start a new job in three weeks. Since I live in a big city for now, I'm planning on taking the bus to work, most of the time. It'll be a long commute, but it will save the money I would spend on gas.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just commenting on how the Okie forum is the most friendly of the lot.
No wonder I want to be an Okie....
(In spite of the weather, bugs, and heat...)
You better not be going anywhere, ya know that we love your wit and humor .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma