U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 08:01 AM

1,989 posts, read 3,950,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Later gator, so what are you starting to talk in the Text messaging garbage to? I 4 1 of u 2 can b da ting. Oh please don't do that text messaging talk, that stuf drives me nuts. I usually just ignore it and move on to another post.
I agree... Cali must have been a bad influence on me.
Even my kids don't do I.M. speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 02:07 PM

6,076 posts, read 10,751,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
SeabeeBrains eyes were glued to the set, eh?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/weird_eyes.jpg (broken link)
Dadgum Redbird where do you find these pictures at, man thats just to funny and nasty at the same time. I've got to show this one to Bjb123. If I hear a loud "THUD" behind me, that means she just past out.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what I.M speak meant, Instant Messaging. You see thats what I'm talking about, maybe I'm just stuck in the old ways of atleast trying to spell proper words and put good sentances together. I've alway enjoyed reading post from folks like. Redbird, Synopsis, LadyRobyn, well heck just about all who post on this thread, and I can't forget you either there CG .

Maybe all this comes from the fact that my Grandmother was a school teacher who retired back in the early 60's. I know she hated to see people butcher the English language the way they did even back then. I would hate to see what she would do now, if she were alive to see the way these kids are chopping it up. Well back in the late 1800's and early 1900's folks had penmanship down to an art as a regular way of life. Kind of like the writings in the movie "A River Runs Through It", now that man had some eloquent penmanship .

So please don't take any of this as a jab at you my friend. It's just that when it comes to the children today and there writting habits, I've just gotten to the point where I egnore what they have to say and move on. As they say, "Talk in plain English, please".

Please do not take this as Flamming or otherwise, it is not directed at onyone person or persons, I'm just saying whats on my mind.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:47 PM

708 posts, read 470,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
huh? haha

Old 05-02-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
SeabeeBrains eyes were glued to the set, eh?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/weird_eyes.jpg (broken link)
THUUD!!! I told you Redbird. I showed it to Bjb123 and I had to break out the smelling salts. Man, she went down like a box of hammers. Just to funny.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,227,334 times
RedBird wrote:
Quote:
Actually, I DO have a few pics which would curl your butt hair... I mean, ... if they WEREN'T already curled.

But I know Peggy is just lurking about in the shadows with her mod stick waiting to pounce and WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!
In the shadows huh? You've had it now!

Attached Thumbnails
Okie tech Thread-peggydavis.jpg  

Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 PM

32,031 posts, read 17,292,318 times
Now THAT'S good!

MK, you gonna get seriously repped, but unfortunately....

Old 05-07-2008, 05:32 PM

CG........Tell me something. Today during the rain and lightening the lights flickered slightly, my PC went off but it automatically started up again starting with the MS start up sound and everything. I've never seen that before.
Usually once they shut down they won't come back on until you turn em' on.
Just curious......

Old 05-07-2008, 06:43 PM

1,989 posts, read 3,950,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
CG........Tell me something. Today during the rain and lightening the lights flickered slightly, my PC went off but it automatically started up again starting with the MS start up sound and everything. I've never seen that before.
Usually once they shut down they won't come back on until you turn em' on.
Just curious......
One of 2 things....

The outage was only a millisecond and had the same effect as the RESET button,
OR (and most likely) you have it set in BIOS to restart after a power failure as opposed to staying off... If so, that's not usually a good idea, because there are certain situations where that could cause real damage.

If the machine can't be cheaply replaced, you may want to invest in a UPS with AVR.
Especially with the weather here in OK.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Birthday Boy wrote:
Quote:
The outage was only a millisecond and had the same effect as the RESET button,
That's what it must have been,
I have surge protection. Actually I was surprised it shut down because the lights only dimmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma