Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:17 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
So Janellen, what's your point?
You've certainly made your point. Any thoughts on yet ANOTHER beheading by a Muslim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 07:18 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
I'm waiting for some PC a**hole to officially classify this event as "workplace violence".

Old 09-26-2014, 07:26 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'm waiting for some PC a**hole to officially classify this event as "workplace violence".
Well what would you call it Einstein? Enlighten us.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:28 AM

759 posts, read 3,143,434 times
There are always lone nuts, but the disturbing thing is that these guys are being radicalized in prison, and this is happening a lot more often.

Also, I'm disturbed by the silence of the Muslim community regarding this and this during the police conference:

BREAKING: Muslims Shout “Praise Allah!” Surround OK Police Following Press Conference on Beheading | The Gateway Pundit

Old 09-27-2014, 10:03 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times
Quote:
So Janellen, what's your point?
From the same article: In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs.
Apparently he wasn't very religious. If he took the sacrament of the sick just before he died then all he was just a deathbed Christian.

Point=He was a political terrorist, not a religious one.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
From the same article: In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs.
Apparently he wasn't very religious. If he took the sacrament of the sick just before he died then all he was just a deathbed Christian.

Point=He was a political terrorist, not a religious one.
LOL love your spin on things. So if your raised Christian and do something bad then your not really a Christian, but if you just converted to being a Muslim and do something bad then you did because you are a Muslim.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:34 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Default Chillax Fellows........

Since everyone is talking about " Christianity " let me wade in and comment on this matter.

Didn't the " head of Christianity JESUS The CHRIST command that we ( Love Ours Enemies ) "

And do good to those ( That Misuse And Cause Hurt And Pain And Misery To Us )....

Now there's Another so called ( Holy BOOK ) that tells it's Followers " to behead The Unbelievers "
please tell Which BOOK that is (?).....

Old 09-29-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
LOL love your spin on things. So if your raised Christian and do something bad then your not really a Christian, but if you just converted to being a Muslim and do something bad then you did because you are a Muslim.

Whaaaaaaaat?????? I never mentioned muslims in any of my posts; wasn't talking about them at all. All I was doing was pointing out that Tim McVeigh wasn't very religious at all. Sheesh talk about spin. What's the deal here.....you get up every morning, brush your teeth and sharpen your tongue? Lighten up Larry.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
[/b][/i]
Whaaaaaaaat?????? I never mentioned muslims in any of my posts; wasn't talking about them at all. All I was doing was pointing out that Tim McVeigh wasn't very religious at all. Sheesh talk about spin. What's the deal here.....you get up every morning, brush your teeth and sharpen your tongue? Lighten up Larry.
Sorry Janellen I got you mixed up with someone else I was arguing with on Facebook, don't ask me how I got this mixed up but I am on a lot of pain meds, was in a very bad farming accident back on June 12 and just had my 7th or 8th surgery monday the 22nd, I had to have part of my Kidney removed. A lesson learned here is to go back and read your original post rather than try to remember the flow of conversation. I hope you accept my apologies.

I'm sure McVeigh wasn't very religious but he did spend a few weeks at some crazy mixed up religious compound in far NE Oklahoma sometime before the bombing. I would look it up but I'm just too tired...LOL but I agree with you, he was just a hot mess.

I think the point I was trying to make is some of these crazy radicals are also not religious either. I personally know 6 people who are muslim, one of them lives only two doors down from me, one of them was my boss for a few years, another has been a friend for over 20 years and I helped her get her photograph business going. None of them would do anything to hurt anyone.

That was the point I was trying to make but I directed back to the wrong person.

Please again accept my apologies

Oh by the way, my name is Scott but I do have a uncle Larry.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Sorry Janellen I got you mixed up with someone else I was arguing with on Facebook, don't ask me how I got this mixed up but I am on a lot of pain meds, was in a very bad farming accident back on June 12 and just had my 7th or 8th surgery monday the 22nd, I had to have part of my Kidney removed. A lesson learned here is to go back and read your original post rather than try to remember the flow of conversation. I hope you accept my apologies.

I'm sure McVeigh wasn't very religious but he did spend a few weeks at some crazy mixed up religious compound in far NE Oklahoma sometime before the bombing. I would look it up but I'm just too tired...LOL but I agree with you, he was just a hot mess.

I think the point I was trying to make is some of these crazy radicals are also not religious either. I personally know 6 people who are muslim, one of them lives only two doors down from me, one of them was my boss for a few years, another has been a friend for over 20 years and I helped her get her photograph business going. None of them would do anything to hurt anyone.

That was the point I was trying to make but I directed back to the wrong person.

Please again accept my apologies

Oh by the way, my name is Scott but I do have a uncle Larry.
Apology accepted, no problemo. My goodness but you have been having quite a time healthwise.
Hope your last surgery fixed whatever the problem is. It's awful to feel icky all the time and constant pain can really drag you down. Hang in there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma