U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 AM

3,701 posts, read 6,035,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
If you ask me he should be sued for malpractice. That has a major impact on your life and his negligence caused it. I'm not much for lawsuits, but in some cases they are well deserved.
That was the least of what he did to/for me and DH, and I don't much like to think about it even now. Unfortunately, he was the best of what was available then and there. One of the more amusing things, in it's way, was that the doc and some of the nurses at the hospital had DH confused with someone else, and they were constantly ranting at me about him being admitted for detox over and over. No matter how many times I said it wasn't him, I certainly would have noticed if he'd gone missing for a few weeks at a time, all they'd say is "I know what I know." And I knew that some of the times they were complaining about, he wasn't even in the state, and other times he was home in bed with me. Or someone was, and it sure looked and sounded like him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 PM

14 posts, read 22,361 times
Thanks so much for taking the time for me to find this link. I will definitely check it out.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:29 PM

13,387 posts, read 10,010,072 times
You are what you eat, so eat well.

>A stupendous insight of civilizations past has now been confirmed by today's investigative, nutritional sciences. They have shown that what was once called "The Doctrine of Signatures" was astoundingly correct. It now contends that every whole food has a pattern that resembles a body organ or physiological function and that this pattern acts as a signal or sign as to the benefit the food provides the eater.

Here is just a short list of examples of Whole Food Signatures.

>A sliced Carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil, iris and radiating lines look just like the human eye...and science shows that carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.

>A Tomato has four chambers and is red. The heart is red and has four chambers. All of the research shows tomatoes are indeed pure heart and blood food.

>Grapes hang in a cluster that has the shape of the heart. Each grape looks like a blood cell and all of the research today shows that grapes are also profound heart and blood vitalizing food.

>A Walnut looks like a little brain, a left and right hemisphere, upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums. Even the wrinkles or folds are on the nut just like the neo-cortex. We now know that walnuts help develop over 3 dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.

>Kidney Beans actually heal and help maintain kidney function and yes, they look exactly like the human kidneys.

>Celery, Bok Choy, Rhubarb and more look just like bones. These foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are 23% sodium and these foods are 23% sodium. If you don't have enough sodium in your diet the body pulls it from the bones, making them weak. These foods replenish the skeletal needs of the body.

>Eggplant, Avocadoes and Pears target the health and function of the womb and cervix of the female - they look just like these organs. Today's research shows that when a woman eats 1 avocado a week, it balances hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight and prevents cervical cancers. And how profound is this? .... It takes exactly 9 months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit. There are over 14,000 photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in each one of these foods (modern science has only studied and named about 141 of them).

>Figs are full of seeds and hang in twos when they grow. Figs increase the motility of male sperm and increase the numbers of sperm as well to overcome male sterility.

>Sweet Potatoes look like the pancreas and actually balance the glycemic index of diabetics.

>Olives assist the health and function of the ovaries.

>Grapefruits, Oranges , and other citrus fruits look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.

>Onions look like body cells. Today's research sho ws that onions help clear waste materials from all of the body cells They even produce tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes.

"The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you, it's that they are so good for you, they can save your life ."

David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Diet Forum-onions.bmp   Okie Diet Forum-tomatoe.bmp   Okie Diet Forum-sweet-potatoe.bmp   Okie Diet Forum-olives.bmp   Okie Diet Forum-oranges.bmp  

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-20-2008 at 11:16 PM..

Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 PM

Okay, no one seems too interested in 'diets' any more.

I had a healthy dinner tonight, I made sushi. NO raw fish, just nori, sticky rice, some veggies, and cooked shrimp. Yum!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM

3,242 posts, read 3,442,779 times
Is sushi hard to make karibear? I've thought about learning how, but I'm the only one in my family who's crazy about it. Do you make wasabi too? Or use horseradish?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Is sushi hard to make karibear? I've thought about learning how, but I'm the only one in my family who's crazy about it. Do you make wasabi too? Or use horseradish?
It's easy, the only thing is that you have to plan ahead. Sticky rice needs to soak about 12 hours before it's cooked. And you need rice vinegar, nori sheets, and a roller of some kind - I use a bamboo place mat, it works great. I've done it by hand, but it's not as smooth. I don't make wasabi, though I probably could. I always have some kind of creamed horseradish and sweet and sour sauce and sesame seeds, if I want to bother with them. Nori has a kind of spinachy flavor, so anyone who likes greens should like it. Just about anything is good for a filling, from shredded cabbage to onions to radishes to bits of carrots to slivers of cooked chicken, ham, hard sausage, whatever. I take the bits of salad stuff out of the pre-packaged salads I get for the bird. He doesn't like anything but lettuce and tomatoes, and I do.

Oh, and my dog likes it, too.

Last edited by karibear; 02-28-2008 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 PM

3,160 posts, read 7,446,730 times
Are the nori sheets made of seaweed? I really like sushi. My daughter and I made it once.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Are the nori sheets made of seaweed? I really like sushi. My daughter and I made it once.
They are, they're dried and toasted and it comes in pressed sheets. You should be able to get it at any reasonably large grocery store in the oriental foods section. Here, even with a high Asian population, I had to buy the sticky rice at an oriental grocery store. Or you can buy it online. There are a lot of sources. I worked with a woman once who's husband came from Hawaii, both of them were teachers, and all he ever had or wanted for lunch was a ball of rice wrapped in a sheet of nori.

Seaweed itself is pretty good. I've had pickled bull kelp, that's the long whippy stuff that shows up on beaches after a storm, and the pickles tasted just like pickled watermelon rind - sweet enough to make your teeth hurt just thinking about it! And there's another variety that's used as a thickener in commercial ice cream.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:44 AM

3,160 posts, read 7,446,730 times
I have heard that seaweed is very healthy to eat.

I guess our grocery stores here haven't had the idea of an Asian food section, but there are several Asian food stores in the OKC metro.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 AM

7,234 posts, read 10,017,665 times
so what kind of bait, er, raw fish do you prefer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma