Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,145 times

Advertisements

My daughter, two granddaughters and i are moving there. I was wondering what the job market is like? She is already in place job wise, but am wondering for a 52 year old lady with 20 years probate legal Secretary experience. Also, how are the schools up there?
Anything had got to be bette than Midland, Texas. Oh oh oh...and do you get much snow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 07:38 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,435,548 times
According to the internet, Guymon population increases each year, so that sounds like a good thing. Generally, Oklahoma doesn't get much snow.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:54 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi2013 View Post
My daughter, two granddaughters and i are moving there. I was wondering what the job market is like? She is already in place job wise, but am wondering for a 52 year old lady with 20 years probate legal Secretary experience. Also, how are the schools up there?
Anything had got to be bette than Midland, Texas. Oh oh oh...and do you get much snow?
It doesn't snow much there, but sometimes when it does, it snows a lot. At least Guymon is big enough to have a Wal-Mart and McDonald's. Still, you couldn't get me to live in such a far away, isolated from everything place.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:39 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
As others have said, you're gonna be right in the middle of horse/rodeo country.

It is extremely flat with very few trees. My personal experience with Guymon is that it was always the stop we made when going to Colorado or New Mexico to ski.

Also, we had some family friends who lived out there and it was the first time I ever had biscuits with chocolate gravy from a sweet ol' Okie lady.

Welcome to The Sooner State!

Old 05-10-2016, 05:40 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,400,197 times
Guymon is not close to OKC or Tulsa if that is your need but it is close to NM Mountains if you prefer that environment to a city one. It can snow in the Panhandle with great depth at times. Ice is another issue out this way so winters are much touger than say around Southern OKlahoma near the Texas border. But any small town which is growing as Guymon seems to be has somethings working for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma