Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:49 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,300,929 times

Advertisements

I would choose Tulsa too, and it isn't as much in the line of a tornado as OKC. It is a nice city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 09:15 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,581,818 times
I give up Howest. What is the answer?

Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 AM

11 posts, read 66,555 times
I grew up in OKC. From a highschooler's point of view, Tulsa had a lot of money. Their schools were always at the top in sports merely because they had the money to fund things. The kids in Tulsa knew it as well. Many of the kids from Union High and Jenx in Tulsa made it evident that they thought the kids from OKC were lower then them, much like those in Edmond.

If children are involved, I'd suggest having them go to a school right outside of OKC. (OKCPS are screwed) Somewhere such as PCO, Moore, etc would teach them to be greatful and not hateful towards others that aren't as fortunate as them. Edmond, Tulsa, Broken Arrow and so forth could careless.

You outta look into a city called Lawton really.

As far as OKC versus Tulsa.. I personally suggest living right outside OKC. Not in OKC and definately not around Tulsa.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:45 AM

10,399 posts, read 15,484,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I'm guessing because of all the hills in Tulsa. It's funny though, OKC could be considered closer. Most of our metro lies at 1100 - 1300 ft while Tulsa is mostly 600-800 ft. Even the hills west of downtown are lower than almost all the OKC metro.
That's a great attempt at solving my little Brain Teaser And Riddle...I'll give you a hip..hip ..horay but no cigar.

The Reason Why Tulsa Is 75 Miles From Oklahoma City And Oklahoma City Is 85 Miles From Tulsa Is Drum Roll........Tulsa Is Growing Much Faster Toward O.K.C. Metropolitan Area Than O.K.C. Is Growing Toward Tulsa Metropolitan Area...It's seem as if O.K.C. is at a stand still....And Metropolitan Tulsa Is Beginning To Shallow Up The Turner Turnpike.Sorry That It Took Me So Long To Get Back To You ,,,,But I Don't Post Very Much...

Old 01-23-2008, 12:54 AM

10,399 posts, read 15,484,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I give up Howest. What is the answer?
My Apologies PEGGYDAVIS I don't post a whole lot on the boards so I just saw your question.....And here is the Answer....Metropolitan Tulsa Is Beginning To Shallow Up It's End Of The Turner Turnpike,,,,And O.K.C. Doesn't Seem Interested In Making The Turner Turnpike A Tasty Meal...Tulsa is Coming Toward O.K.C. Faster Than O.K.C. Is Coming Toward Tulsa.....

Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 AM

That's a good one, Howest. It is true that OKC has not grown toward the NE as much as other directions.

Do you think eventually the OKC and Tulsa metros will have no distance between them? Like they will meet at Bristow? That is a terrible thought in some ways to think the population would get that large.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:05 AM

1,355 posts, read 4,172,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
That's a good one, Howest. It is true that OKC has not grown toward the NE as much as other directions.

Do you think eventually the OKC and Tulsa metros will have no distance between them? Like they will meet at Bristow? That is a terrible thought in some ways to think the population would get that large.
As for what I think, extremely unlike and there's a higher chance of the world ending before then. Stroud is more halfway, for the record. Either way there may be some association between both cities with Stroud in the future (as in say 100 years.) But, as far as a constant metro, no way.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 AM

Well, it only took 50 years to get a two-way exit at Wellston, so who knows what could happen in the future.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:36 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,794,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
My Apologies PEGGYDAVIS I don't post a whole lot on the boards so I just saw your question.....And here is the Answer....Metropolitan Tulsa Is Beginning To Shallow Up It's End Of The Turner Turnpike,,,,And O.K.C. Doesn't Seem Interested In Making The Turner Turnpike A Tasty Meal...Tulsa is Coming Toward O.K.C. Faster Than O.K.C. Is Coming Toward Tulsa.....
I still don't get how that would make one city closer, unless there is some humor that I'm not getting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma