Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
I am just glad I am out of the homeowners game. When I bought my house in 2002 no one bothered to tell me that the Insurance was going to go up every single year. I had Farmers and had no claims they only paid a pittance for a roof after that big hailstorm we had. The thing the rocked my boat was that a Farmers employee lived across the street from me, company car and all and every year after my premiums went up she got something new done to her house. I am thinking that maybe the agents and employees get some hefty bonuses on our dime. Enough of my rant I am just glad I am done with that now.

Same experience I had with Farmers. I was with them for over 20 years (not one claim during that time) and had 2 homes insured, plus all my vehicles. They kept raising my rates drastically. In a 3 year time they more then doubled. I kept telling my agent this is bull crap. I finally pulled the plug on them and switched to ANPAC and saved a ton of money.

ANPAC pays you 1/4 of your premiums back to you after you've been claim free with them for 3 years too. Each Oct. 1st I get a check from them for over $1,000. Not only that, I had to replace a roof on my Stillwater house last summer due to hail storm. Not only did they more then pay for replacing the roof, my premiums for that house actually went down after that since it now had a new roof. They also did not count the claim toward my claim free money back since that house was classified as a second home, not my primary residence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,513,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Same experience I had with Farmers. I was with them for over 20 years (not one claim during that time) and had 2 homes insured, plus all my vehicles. They kept raising my rates drastically. In a 3 year time they more then doubled. I kept telling my agent this is bull crap. I finally pulled the plug on them and switched to ANPAC and saved a ton of money.

ANPAC pays you 1/4 of your premiums back to you after you've been claim free with them for 3 years too. Each Oct. 1st I get a check from them for over $1,000. Not only that, I had to replace a roof on my Stillwater house last summer due to hail storm. Not only did they more then pay for replacing the roof, my premiums for that house actually went down after that since it now had a new roof. They also did not count the claim toward my claim free money back since that house was classified as a second home, not my primary residence.
Sounds good, I wish I had shopped around but since I had been with Farmers since 1979 I thought I would stick with them..wrong idea. I will have to admit my agent did all he could to adjust my policy in order to save me a bit of money but the next year it went up again. Also with the car ins. No claims on that. So there I was on the phone negotiating again. Seemed to me like they just spent their time trying to find ways to raise the rates. I will look into ANPAC for renters ins. as I need that now. I am looking to dump Farmers on my car ins. that keeps going up every year as well. I am so sick of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma