Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:04 AM

702 posts, read 2,508,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
*sigh* Grove is nice but it sure is isolated. Quite a distance to drive anywhere for music. The way I see it, Sapulpa is the runaway favorite.
That "isolation" is what makes it so attractive! You're only 40 minutes from Joplin, 40 minutes away from all the growth going on in the Springdale/Rogers/Bentonville area, then just over an hour away from Tulsa! You'd be surprised how much of a music scene there is around the lake.

American Heritage Music Festival
Rocklahoma 2007 , Pryor OK - July 13th-15th
Country Fever Music Festival
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 05:41 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,310,670 times
I actually like Wagoner, but I would say Grove over all others. But of course the all others that I have been to is only Muskogee. Don't move there unless you move out of town to Ft. Gibson or Wagoner.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:25 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,099,490 times
Jesseka,

What about Sallisaw, whats it like?

Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 7,299 times
If you are with the company I suspect, they also have a plant near Ardmore but don't know the exact location. Construction is booming in and around Ardmore keeping the cement business very busy from what I can see. I came from Dallas (still my primary residence) and bought a place with a few acres, horse barns and pasture in the city limits. It is a great place and there are bargains on houses although the economy is so good there housing costs are going up from what it was in 2005. We are about a mile from Lake Murray where you can fish or ski, and not far from Lake Texoma. I highly recommend it.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:24 AM

Just saw your message Seebeebolt. I checked out Salisaw. Not a pretty town what there is of it. You would be driving to Ft. Smith to shop all the time. Or coming to Tahlequah. Now I did like Vian, which is much smaller, but still you would be driving far to shop, but if you don't mind that then I like it better than Salisaw. It is a very small old town, maybe one block long, but the area is really pretty. It was the first town we saw when we drove here off I-40, and as soon as we got off 40 I said, "I love it here."

Old 02-21-2008, 05:25 AM

Tahlequah has a lot of musicans. I think they are kind of bluegrass. I don't know for sure.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:24 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,520,359 times
We get our concrete from the Mannford plant. Two of their employees who I know live in Terlton, about 15 miles from Mannford. Nice area, properties are still very reasonable here, compared to north, east and south of Tulsa.

Good luck!!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:39 AM

77 posts, read 187,162 times
Mid-Continent Concrete Co. is the name of the company.(I hope that's not considered advertising) Seems like they're pretty big in that area. Anything anyone might know about the company, like what some of the employees working there think of it, might help me too.

It's a big decision to pack up and move 650 miles from home. ANY info I can get would be a big help in making a decision. Thanx.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:05 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,923,240 times
Mid-Continent is extremely solid. My understanding is that all but one concrete company in Oklahoma is owned by one guy, and he allows that one competitor to remain so he cannot be accused of being a monopoly. Mid-Continent is a part of that group of companies that Roger owns. As a driver, you would have a long term, secure job with them. They pay well, they offer lots of overtime, and decent benefits.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:14 AM

77 posts, read 187,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Mid-Continent is extremely solid. My understanding is that all but one concrete company in Oklahoma is owned by one guy, and he allows that one competitor to remain so he cannot be accused of being a monopoly. Mid-Continent is a part of that group of companies that Roger owns. As a driver, you would have a long term, secure job with them. They pay well, they offer lots of overtime, and decent benefits.
Sounds good. Thanx. I have an interview with them tommorrow afternoon, that is if I'm not stranded in the ice storm on the way.

Leaving Kankakee, IL. at 4:30pm hoping to get west of St. Louis tonight and finish the trip in the AM. Looks like it's gonna be pretty treacherous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma