U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:43 PM

21,323 posts, read 15,473,807 times

Advertisements

Right. Sorry. So is Pawnee County dry on Sunday?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 PM

7,525 posts, read 15,451,121 times
not now....it was last year

Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 AM

1,355 posts, read 3,894,537 times
That wouldn't matter anyway, Stillwater is in Payne county, not Pawnee county.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM

68 posts, read 221,258 times
Are you guys getting a snow or hail storm over there right now?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:30 AM

Freezing drizzle....

Old 02-21-2008, 11:01 AM

So do most people in Stillwater know everyone in their community or is it too big of a town for that?

Also on the topic of snow and frizzing drizzle how do schools deal with winter weather over there? I know in Maryland if there is even a thin layer of snow school is most likely closed for the day.

Casey

Old 02-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseySimplified View Post
So do most people in Stillwater know everyone in their community or is it too big of a town for that?

Also on the topic of snow and frizzing drizzle how do schools deal with winter weather over there? I know in Maryland if there is even a thin layer of snow school is most likely closed for the day.

Casey
I would doubt it's an everyone knows everyone town, but I've never even been in Stillwater so I couldn't say.

And they handle it exactly as Maryland does, pathetic

Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM

I like the way Maryland handles it! They have this rule in Maryland that seniors in high school don't have to make up any of the snow days. Plus seniors graduate about a month before the freshman, sophomores, and juniors get out of school. So the seniors are always hopping for as many snow days as possible while everyone else isn't.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseySimplified View Post
I like the way Maryland handles it! They have this rule in Maryland that seniors in high school don't have to make up any of the snow days. Plus seniors graduate about a month before the freshman, sophomores, and juniors get out of school. So the seniors are always hopping for as many snow days as possible while everyone else isn't.
They do the same thing here with the seniors. So good for them and all. No one knows how to drive here and they really do close down for most anything which for the majority of people is a pain. I don't know how many times I've heard them say on the news "the roads are impassible, do not travel unless you absolutely have to" psh....you can travel as long as you drive slow.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:19 PM

Sounds exactly like Maryland. And I agree you can drive in snow you just need to drive much slower then you usually do. We're supposed to get some snow tomorrow so hopefully it will be enough to cancel school on Friday which would be awesome for several reasons. One because I stayed home form school today. I'm not really sick, well maybe sick of school. So I decided to take a mental health day. And if we dont have school tomorrow that means I would have a four day weekend! Another reason because if we don't have school tomorrow they will cancel our Junior ROTC Military Ball. Which have always been fun but since I am a senior everything we do in ROTC it's sorta like a "been there done that" type of feeling. So yea, I'm begging that they freak out as much as they do when we get snow here so I can be as lazy as possible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma