U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 05:24 PM

54 posts, read 174,849 times

Advertisements

ok, here is the bored housewife again...lol...hubby stuck out on road for weekend(otr trucker)..anyways...
I was watchen news just now, and they was talken about that elderly man down in texas possiably in trouble for shooten those 2 robbers at his neighbors house, and tonight, they had the wife of one on there talken about how her husband didnt deserve to die...etc.
it got me thinken...first, her husband was one of 2 illigal cuban immergrants, second...he was robbing someones home for their stuff that THEY, not HIM, worked hard for, and third...she didnt apologize for what her illigal immergrant husband did, she wants JUSTICE for his death sayen neighbor broke the law when he shot her hsband!!!! does anyone else find this just crazy??? im sorry to a point she lost her husband...but give me a break...he was illigal...at any given time she could have lost him to deportation, and he was a thief...so at any given time she owuld have lost him to prison, but to seek "justice" for his death when he broke the law FIRST???? isnt that fish callen the kettle black!! i guess now she will have to find another criminal to steal their living now. Im sorry, but i think this is crazy. lets look back at good old days(old west), people broke the law, they paid for it, be it shot or jail. crime wasnt as rampet as it is now cuz criminals knew that if they broke the law, such as rob, steal, kill, rape, etc...they WOULD get punished. they didnt have gang-bangers runnen streets maken just about every city in US miserble for the good folks to live, they didnt have locks on their doors to keep their stuff and families safe,etc etc. now....criminals dont worry, cuz the law always seems to fall on their side. break the law...get slap on the wrist...keep breaking the law....get a free, all inclusive, meals and medical paid for stay in local jail/prison, what a deal!!!! it dont matter what they do either, thieve, rape, murder...they get a cushy suite at the state pen...yet how many americans out there cant afford to feed their kids, provide medicine let alone see a doc, and watch cable tv or work out in a gym with all the equipment, or got o school for free and learn a trade? yet, break the law, and ya can have all that!!! they are not worried about getten shot back, cuz you will be the one who pays, not them. i think we need to be able to have more rights then the criminals again, i dont think its fair that if some lowlife breaks into my home and threatens my family or takes what i work hard for, and i shoot them...i more then likely will be one that goes to jail, cuz anymore chances are, they are illigal and will just be deported, only to return the next year and start all over again. we let the criminals have all the rights, with no fear of consequences...and we wonder why they control our lives and make our cities hell to live in...sorry to ramble...but it burns me to no end. curious as to how others feel about this to, i can tbe only one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 06:51 AM

702 posts, read 2,232,351 times
I'm not familiar with this story, are you saying the gentlemen went over to his neighbors house and shot two people breaking into his neighbors house? If that's the case, he's probably in trouble, unless he was inside his neighbors house at the time, then he can claim he felt his life was threatened. That is the key, if someone breaks into your home, you have every right to protect you and your loved ones, you just have to make sure you shoot the intruders while they are in your home, and preferably don't shoot them in the back! And when the cops question you, simply say "I felt my life was in danger". You'd be golden then!!

Oh, BTW, every scum sucking thief should die if they break into anyone's home to steal! Get a job like the rest of us and buy your own crap!!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:10 AM

32,453 posts, read 17,784,012 times
No, harley, you are not the only one. But...

I work in prison, and you underestimate what a "deal" of ".keep breaking the law....get a free, all inclusive, meals and medical paid for stay in local jail/prison, what a deal!!!!"

This should be in the OK chattin thread, or some other forum, like P&OC, or Texas thread. The OK chatting thread is for ~any~ topic, whereas, in the general OK forum, we discuss OK issues.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:13 PM

sorry redbird...im still learning the ropes...i will do better...lol

Old 02-24-2008, 12:31 PM

32,453 posts, read 17,784,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suthernharleyryder View Post
sorry redbird...im still learning the ropes...i will do better...lol
Pay not attention to me. Just trying to give you heads up. Actually, I'm not a mod, so you are free to post as you want where you want.

Feel free to tell me to MYOB.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:02 PM

Default lol

I took no offense redbird...i dont allow my hubby to put me in my place...so reckon i got to let someone do so now and then....lol...just to spite him...lol
ps....maybe ya can help me with some of the "term" i here, i thought I knew all the short versions for words....but what does "DH" mean in here? im assuming(ya know what that does to ya dont ya??lmao) that its husband...but....????dear husband? dork husband? ok, that one would be funny!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 03:56 PM

330 posts, read 889,624 times
Well, couple of thoughts...I don't feel sorry for people breaking the law getting hurt, injured, or worse. In this case, the two guys made a series of bad decisions and it caught up with them. On the other hand, we can't have the entire general public enforcing their own brand of justice. This is certainly an extreme case on both ends. If he felt his life was in danger when confronting the two men, then that's what it is. If the people can prove otherwise, then that's what it is. This is why Texas, or as some would call it "BAJA OKLAHOMA", is Texas.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:17 PM

19 posts, read 99,334 times
I was once the victum of an armed home invasion attempt. This was in 2005. I was living in the Meachum Park neighborhood of Kirkwood. This neighborhood has had many problems Ex. the shooting death of an officer as well as the rapeing of a pizza delivery driver and the shooting death of a young girl. anyway three menn were attempting to obtain forceable entry into my home by means of kiccking my door in. My dog alerted me to the mens presence on my porch seconds before they began to kick at my front door. God I love that pit bull! When I looked out my window I saw three men, two were holding pistols and the third was bearing what appeared to be a twelve guage. VERY SCARY and intense moment. I grabbed, loaded, and aimed my home protection model 12 gauage(get u one. lol) I shouted a warning and then waited fully prepared to dump eight game shots into there faces. Wisely the took me serious and retreated (amatuers) Basically if your going to invade someone else home than except the risk. When someone is invading your safe zone it's not the time to figure out there intentions. I give a warning and then I shoot. Bottom Line stay out of other peoples homes. It's not an unreasonable request!

Old 02-24-2008, 05:38 PM

3,724 posts, read 8,289,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suthernharleyryder View Post
I took no offense redbird...i dont allow my hubby to put me in my place...so reckon i got to let someone do so now and then....lol...just to spite him...lol
ps....maybe ya can help me with some of the "term" i here, i thought I knew all the short versions for words....but what does "DH" mean in here? im assuming(ya know what that does to ya dont ya??lmao) that its husband...but....????dear husband? dork husband? ok, that one would be funny!!!
Here is a [long] list of the commonest abbreviations, like DH. Some people make up their own in blogging, which is fine, as long as everyone knows what it means. One blog I'm on, one woman refers to her husband as the HHP, or Handsom Husband Person.

E-Mail & Usenet Abbreviations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma