Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 02:44 PM

124 posts, read 250,303 times

Advertisements

sexedsitout.com

I am so ashamed of Oklahoma. Wasn't able to find one location that was participating unless you know more. Such a disgrace - and a part of the bible-belt. I don't even have children but wanted to show my support. Some Christian communities are so "encapsulated", self-contained you wouldn't even know they were there. As long as their world doesn't get rocked nothing else matters. They turn my stomach. Like "sheep being lead to the slaughter". And then we wonder what happened.

Last edited by JimCarey; 04-14-2018 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 03:40 PM

323 posts, read 222,155 times
That's so narrow minded its really showing this country is going downhill. I learned that stuff in school as did many others, and its perfectly fine. Geeeeez what a typical thing for that area...

Old 04-14-2018, 05:05 PM

24,548 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Teachers do not show up for school. Students do not show up for school. Rest assured dove hunters will show for the first day of season. Different folks different priorities.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:10 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCarey View Post
sexedsitout.com

I am so ashamed of Oklahoma. Wasn't able to find one location that was participating unless you know more. Such a disgrace - and a part of the bible-belt. I don't even have children but wanted to show my support. Some Christian communities are so "encapsulated", self-contained you wouldn't even know they were there. As long as their world doesn't get rocked nothing else matters. They turn my stomach. Like "sheep being lead to the slaughter". And then we wonder what happened.
Dude, you are "ashamed" of Oklahoma because nobody is participating an an ultra right wing religious social protest.

And our friend BAWAC is always griping about how everybody in this state is a religious ultra right winger who would jump at the chance to attend something like this.

You two need to get together and hash this thing out.

We need to change our state slogan. Call it OKLAHOMA "the can't win for losin' state".

Old 04-14-2018, 09:24 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCarey View Post
sexedsitout.com

What's so wrong and immoral about sex education, including birth control? Does such education force kids into wondering how good sex feels like, so they go sneak off and try it out on their own? But considering how there are more unwed pregnant teens in Oklahoma than in most states, kids sure don't need sex education or birth control to get inspired to try out indulging in full blown sex. Do kids ever get taught by Christians that the Bible quite clearly says not to have sex before marriage? When the schools aren't failing kids on how to handle sex, then it's the church people.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:22 PM

124 posts, read 250,303 times
I really do like OK, just disappointed with people's concern. If you go to the sight you'll see this wasn't even started in OK - but another "bible-belt". There are a lot of "bible-belts". People in Texas swear they live in the BB. The people in Georgia think they do. Same for the people in The South as a whole, and all of The Midwest. The peeve is that in some states' kids are being taught at ultra-young ages. Kids can't/don't make sense of such things, nor do they need to at their age. These are not just high school presentations. If people with kids are against such things allow that. Different priorities as one said. Why is it "religious" just because parents don't want their children exposed. Grant it, it's a Christian's heart that is hopefully setting the tone for one's life, and the life of the one's they love till they're out on their own. The church has done a terrible job at times setting a good example. Terrible. I've been at the front of the line on that one myself - going between what I know to be true and wanting to do my own thing. But I wouldn't trade any of the struggle for what used to be. Never. I believe people (more than most anything) want to be at peace with themselves, feel a measure of peace in their own skin. Hands-down what's on many people's wish list. I now have some when I never did before, and predict I will only get more if I continue forward. God has taken me kicking and screaming since day one, and at the same time He's the best thing I've got going for me. I wouldn't change a thing. Praise God.

Last edited by JimCarey; 04-15-2018 at 02:42 PM..

Old 04-15-2018, 06:05 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Oklahoma is an abstinence-only state so I don't see why something like this would even be necessary here. Children and teens don't get the same sex education in Oklahoma that they do in a lot of other states. Count your blessings OP.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:40 PM

Oklahoma schools certainly need to have abstinence plus programs. My married girl cousin had to get an abortion because they were so poor they couldn't afford a baby then. If birth control was taught in school, maybe that wouldn't have had to happen. But for all I know the Christian Right feels sexual intercourse in always wrong and immoral to engage in, unless the intention is to have a baby.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:40 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
Say NO to sex education in schools! Support unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease! They are God's rightful punishment for having sex (even if you didn't enjoy it, even if you didn't voluntarily participate in having sex). How DARE our public schools try to interfere with what God told ME to tell you!

Old 04-15-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Say NO to sex education in schools! Support unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease! They are God's rightful punishment for having sex (even if you didn't enjoy it, even if you didn't voluntarily participate in having sex). How DARE our public schools try to interfere with what God told ME to tell you!
Hopefully, the above is sarcasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma