U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-09-2019, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
13,872 posts, read 12,951,102 times
Reputation: 4231

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
No, its not. In Oklahoma County (which is basically Oklahoma City) Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton by over 10 points in 2016. She didn't win a single county in Oklahoma. I have a lot of family there - its way more conservative than a truly blue city (like Sacramento for instance).
Nevertheless, Oklahoma County is so alarmingly trending blue as evidenced by voting for a Democrat for Congress in 2018 that Republicans will as soon as they can want to divide up Oklahoma County into more than one Congressional district to make sure it gets back the Republican 5th district seat it lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2019, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
13,872 posts, read 12,951,102 times
Reputation: 4231
Two Oklahoma towns, Enid and Stillwater, could use some more people to add to their population to insure there will be at least 50,000 in the 2020 census to gain metro status. Enid already went a bit over 50,000 but has been losing some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2019, 09:17 AM
 
Location: SW OK (AZ Native)
15,883 posts, read 7,164,895 times
Reputation: 6996
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Two Oklahoma towns, Enid and Stillwater, could use some more people to add to their population to insure there will be at least 50,000 in the 2020 census to gain metro status. Enid already went a bit over 50,000 but has been losing some.
I lived in the Enid area (Vance AFB) in the early 80s, when it had a population of nearly 60,000. After the oilfield crash of 1984 it dropped below 50K, and has stayed that way ever since; a pilot training classmate who stayed behind for three years as a first-assignment instructor pilot bought a home with another pilot, for around $70K. He was lucky to escape at just over $60K. However, people are starting to discover that it's not a rural backwater but a revitalized small city with a growing downtown core. If they could only fix the potholes on Owen K. Garriott...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2019, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
6,249 posts, read 5,890,976 times
Reputation: 5532
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
No, its not. In Oklahoma County (which is basically Oklahoma City) Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton by over 10 points in 2016. She didn't win a single county in Oklahoma. I have a lot of family there - its way more conservative than a truly blue city (like Sacramento for instance).
I think it is fair to say that there are huge swaths of Oklahoma City, Del City, Midwest City, Spencer that are blue anymore. However, almost all of the suburban parts of OKC as well as the actual suburban cities in Oklahoma county are very red.

I'd bet OKC and those places I mentioned are 50/50. Places like Moore, Norman, Yukon, Mustang, Yukon, Piedmont and Choctaw are probably 80/20 republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM
 
23 posts, read 7,081 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
No, its not. In Oklahoma County (which is basically Oklahoma City) Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton by over 10 points in 2016. She didn't win a single county in Oklahoma. I have a lot of family there - its way more conservative than a truly blue city (like Sacramento for instance).

Yep, Oklahoma and West Virginia were the only two states where not a single county went for Clinton. Even Utah and Wyoming had some Clinton counties.



https://brilliantmaps.com/2016-county-election-map/


But 35% of Okies did not vote for Trump, so there must be some blue neighborhoods somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:14 AM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
13,872 posts, read 12,951,102 times
Reputation: 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigeleer View Post
Yep, Oklahoma and West Virginia were the only two states where not a single county went for Clinton. Even Utah and Wyoming had some Clinton counties.



https://brilliantmaps.com/2016-county-election-map/


But 35% of Okies did not vote for Trump, so there must be some blue neighborhoods somewhere.
In Stillwater, the college neighborhoods voted blue in 2018 and voted yes for medical marijuana by a bigger margin than the other neighborhoods. I think the inner city neighborhoods of Tulsa and Oklahoma City vote blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma City
736 posts, read 688,671 times
Reputation: 784
Here are maps of the 2018 Gubernatorial election results by precinct, overlaid onto a population density map:

OKC


Tulsa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
6,249 posts, read 5,890,976 times
Reputation: 5532
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
Here are maps of the 2018 Gubernatorial election results by precinct, overlaid onto a population density map:
Looks exactly like how I would have expected except how funny is it that the core of Edmond............... went for "Edmondson".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:42 PM
 
12,666 posts, read 17,248,864 times
Reputation: 18574
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In Stillwater, the college neighborhoods voted blue in 2018 and voted yes for medical marijuana by a bigger margin than the other neighborhoods. I think the inner city neighborhoods of Tulsa and Oklahoma City vote blue.
How much do the grass smoking patients contribute to OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top