Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatoLiza View Post
We actually ate lunch at Denny's (off of Cache Road) when we where there during spring break. My girls love their breakfast menu so we took them. We did not observe any unsual acitivity. The people there were actually friendly but of course this was day time (lunch time.) Perhaps there is another Denny's in Lawton?

What do you think of Cache School District? I noticed that South Pecan Valley development is zone for Cache SD. I would love my girls to attend a smaller school. Your personal unbias opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks!
As the former General Managers of the Lawton Denny's, I was the one on KSWO, I readily agree that this is not the place to go. During my year and a half time of employment with the company (and my husband as my security officer) I had witnessed 5 shootings, 3 of them being fatal, on that property. There were numerous occasions of which I had to disarm, and detain patrons; I am quite thankful for my law enforcement background, because I don't know if I would be here today without it. Fortunately, as of last Sunday, the Denny's shut down per franchise orders.

Regarding Cache school district, it is a small town school and they recently upgraded much of the technology. One of the best schools in the area, however, is Central schools towards Marlow/Duncan. As for Lawton schools, I have no approving stories to share.

Although Lawton is a rough around the edges town, they have recently expanded the law enforcement team. We have a great Gang Unit who is wanting to get the terror of of our streets. Lawton PD has recently gained 10 more officers and from here say, they are planning on adding more as well as getting an additional budget.

The Lawton area is chalked full of history, and there is so much to see and do if you are willing. I often here people complain about Lawton offering nothing, but I can name at least ten things to do, off the top of my head, that are both fun and enriching.

I wish you all the best of luck here in Lawton, Oklahoma!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 04:57 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSecoy View Post
Fortunately, as of last Sunday, the Denny's shut down per franchise orders....
Thank-you for the information! It is too bad that the Restaurant had to close. Perhaps they will be able to open another in a new location...

Old 05-05-2008, 05:07 PM

102 posts, read 287,854 times
Thanks BSecoy for your information. It's so sad to see a business shut down because of a few evil group. Good luck to you and your family. You are lucky to be alive after all those gang problems at your workplace. God must have watched over you. He's good.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,792 times
Smile Small Towns

I was born in Lawton, lived in Texas for 4 years in my early twenties, and now am back in Lawton (military). I teach in Geronimo (south of Lawton) and I love the community. You definitely won't get string orchestra, but our music department is getting better and better every year thanks to our wonderful music teacher who has been there for 4 years now. She made our music department go from basically "non-existent" to "really good for a small school." Nor will you get football; instead we have basketball, softball, and baseball. However, the bottom line is that I feel completely safe in our school. I can definitely say that if you have elementary-aged children, we have an awesome teaching staff with an amazing principal! There are several new houses under construction on the north side, and a brand-new junior high and high school is under construction presently. Geronimo is a great place to be and I think should be considered by anyone looking for a safe community for their children. Many kids can be seen riding their bikes around the town, which unfortunately is something I would never allow my kids to do in Lawton!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:28 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Thanks for the great info, OkieChick!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:19 AM

3 posts, read 9,496 times
Anadarko is nice....about a 40 minute drive.....but, if i were going to be in ft sill...i would check out either fletcher or elgin.....much closer.....and i understand one of those (both very small schools)...is one of the best schools in oklahoma
much luch to alla y'all
dee

Old 05-19-2008, 07:25 AM

3 posts, read 9,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmudderman View Post
Is anyone familiar with Anadarko? Do they have Gang problems there?
I am from Anadarko.....know lots about it. Gang problems? More like some lil devils that needs a beating. I guess it depends on what area of town you will live in.

You can contact me at [email]runinarnd@yahoo.com[/email]

And no, I am not afraid to put out my email. I am never one place very long. Although, I am heading back to Anadarko, after having raised 2 wonderful boys there.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fodee View Post
I am from Anadarko.....know lots about it. Gang problems? More like some lil devils that needs a beating. I guess it depends on what area of town you will live in.

You can contact me at runinarnd@yahoo.com

And no, I am not afraid to put out my email. I am never one place very long. Although, I am heading back to Anadarko, after having raised 2 wonderful boys there.
LOL! Great way to put it. We just took a drive up that way through Chickasha and then down through Elgin and Sterling... Everything is lush, green and smells just heavenly!

Welcome home!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:20 AM

23 posts, read 76,285 times
Does anyone know the name of the new housing on base? we are looking to live on base, and dont know if its worth it.....

Old 05-25-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lham3214 View Post
Does anyone know the name of the new housing on base? we are looking to live on base, and dont know if its worth it.....
Good Morning lham, I can't recall the "name" of the new housing development on the base (just woke up ) but I do have some pictures... I thought the new houses were very attractive and the neighborhoods were nicely arranged. Gimme a few minutes to get more awake and I will post them for you

Also here is a link to the base Housing Management Division Family Housing (http://sill-www.army.mil/DPW/HousingDiv/Housing.html - broken link)

Here is a link to another post I made back in January this year... keep in mind it was winter-time and things looked a little *dead* When we drove through the new housing everything looked nicely manicured and there were kids outside playing everywhere. I just got the feeling that it was a very nice neighborhood.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2649567-post577.html

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 05-25-2008 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Found pictures...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma