U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:25 PM

113 posts, read 373,367 times
Default Nowata Oklahoma, information

I'm just wondering if anyone here is familiar with Nowata Oklahoma? I already know the State of Oklahoma very well, however, its been quite some time since I had an occaision to be in that part of Oklahoma. Nowata is only a few miles up the road from Tulsa and is next to the Kansas Oklahoma State line.

I've been north of Nowata when I drove thru Iola Kansas and Coffeyville, Parsons Kansas. Both are very nice towns. But, that was many years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-08-2008, 07:12 PM

5,406 posts, read 5,027,815 times
Default Born In Nowata Oklahoma.....It's A Small World Afterall

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_the_gloaming View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone here is familiar with Nowata Oklahoma? I already know the State of Oklahoma very well, however, its been quite some time since I had an occaision to be in that part of Oklahoma. Nowata is only a few miles up the road from Tulsa and is next to the Kansas Oklahoma State line.

I've been north of Nowata when I drove thru Iola Kansas and Coffeyville, Parsons Kansas. Both are very nice towns. But, that was many years ago.
Hey i will response in much more detail at a latter date..i'm pushed for time...I'm a Oklahoma/California Transplant would was born in Nowata Oklahoma..A great area with a lot of unlocked potential between 2010 and 2020.

Soom to become a part of Metropolitan Tulsa..Cheek out the upcoming
potential of having lake side property at or on LAKE OOLOGAH...

Unread 05-12-2008, 03:08 PM

5,406 posts, read 5,027,815 times
Default Nowata Oklahoma And Near By Towns

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_the_gloaming View Post

NOWATA OKLAHOMA is one of Five (5) Towns that border the Western Face of Lake Oologah...the town of Delaware is to the North of NOWATA and the Towns of Watova....Talala.....Oologah are to the south of NOWATA which is the Largest of the five towns by far......and the county seat of NOWATA COUNTY.

NOWATA is within 10-20 Miles of both Bartlesville Oklahoma and South Cofeyville Oklahoma and Cofeyville Kansas , and also within easy driving distant of Joplin Missouri.Click on the site below FOR OOLOGAH LAKE

www.oologah.com/oologah/oologah.html (broken link)

Greater Tulsa Communities Web Information Centers; Featuring Owasso, Tulsa, Claremore, Skiatook, Collinsville, Catoosa & Oologah, Oklahoma

Unread 05-19-2008, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,019 times
Default Liked the Description

Quote:
NOWATA OKLAHOMA is one of Five (5) Towns that border the Western Face of Lake Oologah...the town of Delaware is to the North of NOWATA and the Towns of Watova....Talala.....Oologah are to the south of NOWATA which is the Largest of the five towns by far......and the county seat of NOWATA COUNTY.

NOWATA is within 10-20 Miles of both Bartlesville Oklahoma and South Cofeyville Oklahoma and Cofeyville Kansas , and also within easy driving distant of Joplin Missouri.Click on the site below FOR OOLOGAH LAKE

www.oologah.com/oologah/oologah.html (broken link)

[URL="http://www.oologah.com/"]Greater Tulsa Communities Web Information Centers; Featuring Owasso, Tulsa, Claremore, Skiatook, Collinsville, Catoosa & Oologah, Oklahoma[/URL]
I liked how you described where Nowata was located...Nowata certainly does have a lot of potential...I'm originally from Vinita (and temporarily living back there for the moment), and know the Nowata area fairly well...certainly remember fondly the great high school football & baskeball rivalry...

...you wouldn't happen to know how to get contact information for the Mayor and others affiliated with City Hall, would you? I looked for a city website, but could not find one. I'd just like to learn a little more about the city government there.

Unread 05-19-2008, 02:39 PM

2,928 posts, read 4,201,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rounder07 View Post
I liked how you described where Nowata was located...Nowata certainly does have a lot of potential...I'm originally from Vinita (and temporarily living back there for the moment), and know the Nowata area fairly well...certainly remember fondly the great high school football & baskeball rivalry...

...you wouldn't happen to know how to get contact information for the Mayor and others affiliated with City Hall, would you? I looked for a city website, but could not find one. I'd just like to learn a little more about the city government there.
Took a little digging but I found the phone numbers for the Chamber of Commerce and City Hall. They don't seem to have a website anywhere...

Nowata Chamber of Commerce
126 S. Maple, 74048
(918) 273-2301

Nowata City Hall
701 E Modoc Ave, Nowata, OK
(918) 273-3538

Unread 08-21-2008, 06:13 PM

113 posts, read 373,367 times
There was an interesting piece of property for sale at Nowata I felt I would be interested in buying. It was why I originally asked for more info on the area. I used to live in Lawton many years ago, which is on the opposite end of Oklahoma, and as many of you know is very different than it is around Tulsa. I've been thru Tulsa several times, but; I'd be hard pressed if anyone asked me for directions on where to find something specific in or around Tulsa.

Several years ago, a dear friend of mine passed away. We had both spent time in Oklahoma and his wife (his high school sweetheart) had him buried in Mayfield Oklahoma, which is in extreme northeastern Oklahoma. (I'm sorry to say this, but; in my heart, I still miss him. We shared so many things in common.)

Many of my happiest years were spent in Oklahoma. I really want to live there again.

Thanks for the info LadyRobyn..., ((( big hug, wishing you my best wishes )))

Last edited by in_the_gloaming; 08-21-2008 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: aditional info.

Unread 09-09-2008, 04:08 PM
j&h

1 posts, read 3,797 times
Default nowata

hi, I was just replying to your post. I was born in Nowata & live about 20 miles from there. It is a pretty sad town. No new jobs have moved in for a long time. The people I went to school with including the teachers seem to think they are better than everyone else. A lot of druggies. If you are wanting to move there, I wouldn't recommend it. Bartlesville is the complete opposite of a town. I really like the way they keep the town beautiful. bartlesville.net & bestofb-ville.com

Unread 12-09-2008, 05:08 PM

3 posts, read 7,970 times
Default Hello...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Took a little digging but I found the phone numbers for the Chamber of Commerce and City Hall. They don't seem to have a website anywhere...

Nowata Chamber of Commerce
126 S. Maple, 74048
(918) 273-2301

Nowata City Hall
701 E Modoc Ave, Nowata, OK
(918) 273-3538

Hi. I am from nowata born and raised and I still live here, What you have to do is google nowata to find anything out about this very small town, Even for myself living here I find it hard to find anything on the web as well. I am not sure what all questions you would have about Nowata but if I could be of any assistance feel free to email me my email addres is lab_phle@yahoo.com. Well thank you for taking the time to read this.

Unread 12-09-2008, 07:23 PM

3 posts, read 7,970 times
Default nowata

I have to disagree with j&h, I have lived in nowata all my life and sure it has its share of drugs just like every other town, Its not a bad town its nice peacefull, the crime rate is very low. And its clean for the most part,

Unread 12-09-2008, 07:44 PM

2,547 posts, read 3,149,646 times
I have been through Nowata many times. It's on 169 on our way to KCK. It seems a very small town to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma