U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:15 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,196,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Are you from Oklahoma
I am now. . I was born and raised in CA, and then traveled to other states to live for brief times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 09:22 PM

779 posts, read 1,473,056 times
I am just amazed as to how many people are from Oklahoma that live in Texas and want to move back to Oklahoma because they miss it (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that). Just out of curiosity, is Texas that bad of a place to live? Because I am serious planning to move there in two years and my user name says it all. There are also a lot of Texans with want to move to Oklahoma badly. What is it about Oklahoma that everybody loves. It is safe to say that Oklahoma definitely earned its place on the map like Texas.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 PM

137 posts, read 330,483 times
Hey Autotech, NO Texas isn’t a bad place to live at all…and neither is Oklahoma. I think people move pretty freely between the 2 states because we are much more similar than different.

Whenever anyone from anywhere says stupid or hateful things about another state, you just have to assume that they have serious emotional issues and are trying to make themselves feel better.

You should always be proud of where you come from and I think you will find that Texans are just as friendly as Oklahomans and if you run into some that aren’t…remember what I said above.

Now, make sure you spend some time in DFW before you move here. It can overwhelm people, it is a very large area that is rapidly growing and at times can try your patience. On the bright side…there cars everywhere that need good technicians!

I wish you great luck! If you ever have any specific questions feel free to message me.

Also, to all you other Oklahomans, I have enjoyed every visit I have made to the state!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman75229 View Post
Hey Autotech, NO Texas isn’t a bad place to live at all…and neither is Oklahoma. I think people move pretty freely between the 2 states because we are much more similar than different.

Whenever anyone from anywhere says stupid or hateful things about another state, you just have to assume that they have serious emotional issues and are trying to make themselves feel better.

You should always be proud of where you come from and I think you will find that Texans are just as friendly as Oklahomans and if you run into some that aren’t…remember what I said above.

Now, make sure you spend some time in DFW before you move here. It can overwhelm people, it is a very large area that is rapidly growing and at times can try your patience. On the bright side…there cars everywhere that need good technicians!

I wish you great luck! If you ever have any specific questions feel free to message me.

Also, to all you other Oklahomans, I have enjoyed every visit I have made to the state!
Thank you very much, sparkman. I really enjoyed reading your post. I believe that Oklahoma is a great place to live as well. I think what it is is that when I see a substantial (and I mean substantial) amount of cars with Texas plates in Oklahoma, I have always wondered if they really are relocating to Oklahoma, but I obviously have no way of knowing that, unless I physically ask them. I have visited Dallas since the year 2003 and have a pretty good idea of how to get around Farmers Branch, Carrollton, Richardson, Lewisville, Plano, Allen, Frisco, McKinney (generally north Dallas).

Old 10-03-2008, 10:20 PM

137 posts, read 330,483 times
Great! I am sure you will enjoy it here. Dallas is great place to start a career.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 PM

I visited Dallas last week Saturday and drove past David McDavid Honda of Frisco on the Dallas Parkway and S. H. 121 and thought to myself that one day, I will be working there as a Honda Master Certified Automotive Technician. That will be many years along the road though but I am sure I can get a job there with two years of automotive experience by 2010. I also drove past the Georgian Apartments on Marsh Ln. between Timberglen Rd. and Rosemeade Pkwy, checked it out, and was pretty pleased.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:47 PM

25,538 posts, read 11,633,224 times
I lived in Canyon, TX right after college and loved it. Amarillo is a big town like OKC is, as opposed to a city.

The people were great wherever I went, so I am inclined to believe what the previous poster said about whenever a person criticizes another state, it's really a reflection on the poster.

Uncle Don says some people can be happy wherever they go~while others don't even try. There are souls in hell who will say hey where's more matches, I will help build a fire.

I enjoy being around my Indian people, and it feels good to see countless relations at a tribal gathering which I cannot describe.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:58 PM

I wish everyone all the best when relocating to Oklahoma. I think you will be satisfied. I feel that way about Texas.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 PM

I think that transplants will not regret their move to Oklahoma because everybody here is so nice and they will make you feel very welcome.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 PM

10,241 posts, read 7,808,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
I think that transplants will not regret their move to Oklahoma because everybody here is so nice and they will make you feel very welcome.
This is about a month for me. I feel like I've lived here forever and its already home. All the bad memories of so cal are fading. I have a strong sense of finding the place where I want to stay.

I moved here to get away from everything that modern socal has become and no matter how it works out will never go back there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma