U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 AM

19,556 posts, read 12,034,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
OMG .... hadens just froze over. I agree with the Oz - by and large ....
Come to the dark(and cozy) conservative side.....

Old 06-16-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC64 View Post
we need to remember we are the United States not the United State. Before our civil war we referred to ourselves as "These" United States; afterwards we moreoften used the term "The" United States. Now that is all we use. I am a born and raised (now displaced) Okie so I like to keep an eye on the homeplace and I am proud when they do good things. It just so happens that I moved to a state (S. Carolina) that has been known to buck the system on occasion (Fort Sumpter) So I feel quite sure we would be happy to stand up and be counted. I'm not for any type of breakup but I do think we need alot less federal meddling
Agree with you totally.

The states were almost meant to be 'mini-nations' in a sense,with their own laws and customs...somewhere along the way the individual states melded together and to be honest lost their 'spark'.

There is little difference nowadays between the states,they have lost so much power to the central government.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:03 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,165,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Come to the dark(and cozy) conservative side.....
As you probably know by now, I am fairly conservative in many aspects. However, having said that, I will NEVER vote Republican. There are certain issues that the Rep party and I have fundamental differences on .....

Old 06-16-2008, 10:07 AM

13,387 posts, read 9,858,713 times
Quote:
Care to expand on that and share with us why you think that is?
My point is: all 3 are Pro-Illegal Immigration, and all 3 are for, NAFTA, Open Borders and Amnesty.

I may be wrong, but that doesn't sound like someone who is "For The People" of the United States.

None of the above can be considered a "step for the Better"

Too many voters of this country refuse to read between the lines and end up voting our Government in at Face, Race, or Gender value.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM

3,160 posts, read 7,392,390 times
I don't see why we all send money to Washington DC in the form of taxes on our incomes, then we have to beg for the money back and follow some bureaucratic rules or our own money is withheld from us. I think the federal govt. has way too much power (because they have the money) and I would like to see the feds run the military, the post office, interstate highways and nothing else.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
As you probably know by now, I am fairly conservative in many aspects. However, having said that, I will NEVER vote Republican. There are certain issues that the Rep party and I have fundamental differences on .....
Neither will I...unless and until that party gets back to it ideals of less government and less intrusion into people's lives.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
My point is: all 3 are Pro-Illegal Immigration, and all 3 are for, NAFTA, Open Borders and Amnesty.

I may be wrong, but that doesn't sound like someone who is "For The People" of the United States.

None of the above can be considered a "step for the Better"

Too many voters of this country refuse to read between the lines and end up voting our Government in at Face, Race, or Gender value.
I think so many people see no alternative,because the powers that be want them to see no alternative.

I will vote for my candidate,even though he has bowed out of the race.

He stood for everything I believed in and even a few things I didn't but he was governed by the Constitution and nothing more.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I don't see why we all send money to Washington DC in the form of taxes on our incomes, then we have to beg for the money back and follow some bureaucratic rules or our own money is withheld from us. I think the federal govt. has way too much power (because they have the money) and I would like to see the feds run the military, the post office, interstate highways and nothing else.
What you want is basically what the federal government is SUPPOSED to do...

This nation is a collection of individual states united together,it is not a monolithic emprie where all power rests in a faraway capital.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:18 AM

13,387 posts, read 9,858,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse
I've switched from Republican, to Independent.
The one that I vote for will be a "Write In".

Old 06-16-2008, 10:37 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,165,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

Those are 3 items in a huge spectrum of items. It is like saying that voting for a democrat as president will mean gun control. Surely you cannot be so naive as to think that just because a president believes in something it will happen? That is what you have lobbyists and Representatives for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma