Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 AM

2 posts, read 5,756 times

Advertisements

If you are an honest, dependable hard working person DO NOT move to Canute Ok. The city has been advertising property for sell in an attempt to cause a population (and tax) growth. It is directly off of I-40. At first glimpse it appears to be a quiet little town. It has grown this year.
DO NOT BE FOOLED as I was!!! This town has no protection what so ever. There is NO night watchman, no police and no one to care. Illegal to own in OKlahoma Fireworks were being shot off the first week in June and continue now even tho it is the 9th day of July. They begin in the early afternoon and last past midnight. If you attempt to report them to the county sheriff, 35 miles away, several "gang" families gang up on you. They terrorize you. They threaten to kill my dog in my yard!! They threaten to kill me!! The Sheriff will tell you there is nothing they can do. Last year kids were shooting BB guns at my 82 y.o. father just for fun. I called the County Sheriff, they never even showed up!! I couldn't believe their callousness.
The nitrate and coliform levels are in violation (according to the water quality paper they send out). All they have done is send a letter out advising people not to drink the water!!.
On the other hand....If you are somewhat "below the law" and want to buy a place cheap..e-mail me..I want out!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
I would never want cheap property that far out in the middle of nowhere, anyway. Sorry about your problem.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:18 PM

17,791 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Canute has a bar that has really good pizza though. "Friends".

Old 08-11-2008, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,885 times
THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO RAMBLINGROSE223 AND THE INFO ON THE TOWN OF CANUTE! SHE IS SO RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING SHE STATED AND I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! I HAVE OWNED A HOUSE IN THAT "HELL HOLE" FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS AND HAVE SEEN SOME VERY ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES GOING ON THERE. I ALSO HAVE TRIED TO GET ASSISTANCE FROM THE "WA****A COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPT" TO NO AVAIL. IT IS TRUE THAT THERE IS NO LAW ENFORCEMENT IN THAT TOWN EXCEPT A VERY CORRUPT WA****A COUNTY SHERIFF THAT JUST HAPPENS TO LIVE THERE! HE TURNS A BLIND EYE TO EVERYTHING GOING ON EXCEPT ILLEGAL ACTIVITY THAT BENEFITS HIM AND OTHER "CORRUPT" WA****A COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. I ACTUALLY CALLED FOR HELP WHEN TRYING TO STOP SOME PEOPLE FROM STEALING FROM MY NEIGHBOR FOR 3 HOURS. NO ONE WOULD COME OUT AND I WAS TOLD THERE WERE NO OFFICERS AVAILABLE. HOWEVER, WHEN WE FINALLY KICKED IN OUR NEIGHBORS DOOR, WE FOUND HIM DEAD IN HIS LIVING ROOM FLOOR!!!!! AND HAD BEEN DEAD FOR 2 DAYS
NEEDLESS TO SAY, WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF FINDING HIM, EVERY WA****A COUNTY DEPUTY,SHERIFF,FIREMAN,AND ALL OTHER LOCAL IDIOTS SHOWED UP!!!!! THEY NEVER PUT UP POLICE TAPE, NEVER SECURED THE CRIME SCENE, LET EVERYONE WALK THRU THIS MAN'S HOUSE WHILE HE LAY DEAD. I'M NO CSI, BUT WHAT WE SAW TOTALLY FLABERGASTED US!! TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, THE CRIME WAS COVERED UP AND AN INVESTIGATION WAS NEVER LAUNCHED ON THIS MANS DEATH. HIS DEATH WAS NEVER EVEN LISTED IN ANY OBITUARY FOR AT LEAST A YEAR. WE TRUELY BELIEVE HE WAS MURDERED BY DRUG DEALERS THAT HAD CONNECTIONS TO THE CORRUPT WA****A SHERIFFS DEPT. BUT HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO PROVE IT. I HAVE BEEN TOO SCARED TO EVEN STAY IN MY HOUSE SINCE HIS MURDER
SO LIKE RAMBLINGROSE SAID, IF YOU'RE "BELOW THE LAW", I ALSO HAVE A HOUSE FOR SALE CHEAP!. AND BY THE WAY, THE BAR ""FRIENDS" HAS RECENTLY BEEN SOLD TO A LOCAL CANUTE RESIDENT AND IS NO LONGER THE "COOL" BAR IT USED TO BE! FYI!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 10:45 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
For those who don't read "shouting" well, here is a translation of the above post:

Quote:
This is in response to ramblingrose223 and the info on the town of Canute! She is so right about everything she stated and I know this for a fact! I have owned a house in that "hell hole" for the past 10 years and have seen some very illegal activities going on there. I also have tried to get assistance from the "wa****a county sheriffs dept" to no avail. It is true that there is no law enforcement in that town except a very corrupt wa****a county sheriff that just happens to live there! He turns a blind eye to everything going on except illegal activity that benefits him and other "corrupt" wa****a county law enforcement officers. I actually called for help when trying to stop some people from stealing from my neighbor for 3 hours. No one would come out and I was told there were no officers available. However, when we finally kicked in our neighbors door, we found him dead in his living room floor!!!!! And had been dead for 2 days
Needless to say, within 5 minutes of finding him, every wa****a county deputy, sheriff, fireman, and all other local idiots showed up!!!!! they never put up police tape, never secured the crime scene, let everyone walk thru this man's house while he lay dead. I'm no csi, but what we saw totally flabergasted us!! to make matters worse, the crime was covered up and an investigation was never launched on this mans death. His death was never even listed in any obituary for at least a year. We truely believe he was murdered by drug dealers that had connections to the corrupt wa****a sheriffs dept. But have never been able to prove it. I have been too scared to even stay in my house since his murder

So like ramblingrose said, if you're "below the law", I also have a house for sale cheap!. and by the way, the bar ""friends" has recently been sold to a local Canute resident and is no longer the "cool" bar it used to be! Fyi!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: