Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:12 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,538,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
"Out of the clear blue sky comes Sky King"

Anyone remember the name of Sky Kings airplane? How about his Niece?
I believe the niece was named Penny and the plane was Songbird.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,165,541 times
Quote:
"Out of the clear blue sky comes Sky King"

Anyone remember the name of Sky Kings airplane? How about his Niece?
Penny. I so wanted to be her.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,245 times
I was born in Oklahoma but left when I was 4. All my family is from Cherokee, Oklahoma. While I was growing up we always spent holidays and vacations in Cherokee. I have lived in Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Ohio, Chicago and Detroit, but always wanted to live in Cherokee when I got older.I meet and married my husband in Cherokee then moved to Oregon. Well I did move my kids back to what I thought was "good values" like I grew up with in Cherokee. Well we made it 3 years and one son and I came running back to Oregon. My other son meet and married his wife in Miami, Oklahoma and lived there till my son died this past November. I was so dissapointed when I moved back there,,nothing like it was when I was growing up. NEVER in my life have I lived somewhere were football rules all. I know of a few football players in Cherokee who even if they won were afraid to go home, as if their folks didn't think they did good enough they got their butts kicked. Thats so wrong,, Football is just a damn game. Cherokee has become a ghost town almost due to lack of pride in their town. I know my family that made the run into Cherokee would just die if they were in Cherokee right now and thats so so sad. I think eastern and southern Oklahoma is very pretty for being Oklahoma and known for being the flat lands.. When it comes to how people are in Oklahoma,, well it all depends where in Oklahoma you are. Oklahoma is the only state that I know of that waves when they are driving,, they don't care if they know you or not,,,and thats so cool. I got pulled over here in Oregon once for waving to a cop,,,thank goodness it was one I knew and she asked me why I wave,,,well I said I'm living in Oklahoma and its habit to do that and thats what Okies do. We don't know a stranger. I may not like living there but I am very proud to be from the Heartland!!!!! I'm an okie and always will be!!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:58 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,913,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerbabe View Post
..........I am very proud to be from the Heartland!!!!! I'm an okie and always will be!!!!
but you don't like football??????????????????????????????????????

Old 02-09-2009, 03:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,092,744 times
Quote:
but you don't like football??????????????????????????????????????
Hey GP, would you hold that against me if I told you I don't like football?
But I do enjoy watching ballgames at the high school level and under, those kids realy put thier hearts into the game and as long as the parents aren't sitting there yelling at the children. But at the college level and pro, I'd rather watch "This Old House" or "New Yankee Workshop" anyday.

Just Asking

Old 02-09-2009, 04:14 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,913,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Hey GP, would you hold that against me if I told you I don't like football?

Not a problem, unless you try to get me out of the house on game day when OU or OSU is playing
Quote:
But I do enjoy watching ballgames at the high school level and under, those kids realy put thier hearts into the game and as long as the parents aren't sitting there yelling at the children.
don't go to Jenks or Union school districts then.........they play for championships and start recruiting players in elementary school

Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Not a problem, unless you try to get me out of the house on game day when OU or OSU is playing

I don't mess with other folks when they are doing what they enjoy the most, it would be like smacking a sleeping griz on the end of his nose.

don't go to Jenks or Union school districts then.........they play for championships and start recruiting players in elementary school
And what in the world are those parents feeding them kids anyway, the whole cow?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:33 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,802,662 times
Quote:
And what in the world are those parents feeding them kids anyway, the whole cow?

Just the hearts and livers; it makes them boys strong...

Old 02-09-2009, 04:33 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,129,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I've been involved in message board/forums since the 80's and local bbs's and the modern version could benefit from one of the old rules. Since scarism is often easy to tell, you'd say (sarcasm mode on) comment (scarcasm mode off)

No misunderstandings that way for new people who don't know you and none of the ongoing arguments that follow them.

As for the state, I have been here a month, haven't even changed the prefix on the cell, but absolutely love it. I have met more of my neighbors in a few weeks than I did in socal in years. And everyone has been great people.

And as someone else said, I moved here because of what I saw on my visit and am very happy about that.

I know that doesn't make me an expert about this state but I already feel like its home.
Sarcasm on, or off ??? So. Cal. is a 3rd world country anymore. lol

Old 02-09-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Just the hearts and livers; it makes them boys strong...
Just think what would happen if ya'all fed them cow brain and tongue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma