U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:24 PM

1,634 posts, read 4,190,270 times
Default What does OK+ on bottles mean?

been curious 'bout that for years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 02:16 PM

3,827 posts, read 3,065,657 times
Ask BeerAdvocate.com #5 - BeerAdvocate

Here ya go!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:40 PM

702 posts, read 1,593,212 times
"Welcome to Oklahoma, please turn your clocks back 50 years"!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:58 PM

8,696 posts, read 6,480,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Oh, come on, get your head out of the way Oklahoma once was during the 1990's and earlier.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 PM

498 posts, read 920,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Actually close, but not correct.

OK+ is the tax stamp applied to strong beer "imported into" Oklahoma by wholesale distributors. This is because slightly higher taxes are levied on beer in excess of 3.2 alcohol by weight and paid by the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

BTW, for some reason, even though Fat Tire apparently isn't sold in Oklahoma, the Fat Tire beer bottle labels have the OK+ tax stamp. So, the question is, ARE they now selling Fat Tire in Oklahoma? I can't answer that, as I am in exile in Texas.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:37 AM

1,634 posts, read 4,190,270 times
The OK+ on bottles has to do something with recycling? right? From what I've read here, you'll get more money recycling OK+ bottles than ones without OK+. Is that a fair assumption? any recyclers out there? do you have to separate your OK+ bottles from your other bottles?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 AM

3,238 posts, read 5,683,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
I don't know where you get that from. We recently moved here from NJ (Philly metro area), and my clock is running just fine, thank you very much.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 AM

15,515 posts, read 15,154,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
Actually close, but not correct.

OK+ is the tax stamp applied to strong beer "imported into" Oklahoma by wholesale distributors. This is because slightly higher taxes are levied on beer in excess of 3.2 alcohol by weight and paid by the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

BTW, for some reason, even though Fat Tire apparently isn't sold in Oklahoma, the Fat Tire beer bottle labels have the OK+ tax stamp. So, the question is, ARE they now selling Fat Tire in Oklahoma? I can't answer that, as I am in exile in Texas.
You can get some beers in OK, but not all. SOme specialty brewpubs have fat tire and other things. But I often go to KS or TX to get some stronger or microbrews not available for home consumption.

They do have backazz liquor rules here.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:33 PM

498 posts, read 920,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
You can get some beers in OK, but not all. SOme specialty brewpubs have fat tire and other things. But I often go to KS or TX to get some stronger or microbrews not available for home consumption.

No where near as bad as Utah, or some of the states in the northeast. Have you ever tried to buy ANY alcohol in Kansas on Sunday? No. Not even 3.2 beer.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 PM

3,701 posts, read 5,885,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

Just to stir things up a teensy bit, is Grolsch sold in OK? I really like it, and I haven't had any since I left AK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma