Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times

Advertisements

61 - 41, and OU didn't have it locked down till the last minute........awesome.

I know I'm biased, but Texas whipped the tar out of the bottom of the conference in beating A&M. TT barely beat Baylor. OU took on #12 OSU and beat them in a hard fought well earned win. OU has GOT to go to the Big 12 Championship......and will meet Florida for the big show........I just don't think Alabama can take Florida.

After tonights loss to OU, OSU should move UP in the rankings........

BCS Championship should be held in the Cotton Bowl, with Texas playing OU..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 10:25 PM

689 posts, read 2,058,152 times
Proud of my 'boys, even though they lost. Wasn't that a cool kickoff return TD!! I'm so glad it was on national TV so we got to watch it out here in the northwest. I usually wear my OSU sweatshirt on football weekends but rarely get a reaction. Yesterday at Lowe's I turned over my shopping cart to a couple wearing OU shirts. He's stationed in the Navy here. Gee, I miss Oklahoma. Go Pokes.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:27 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,534,193 times
We were proud of OSU too. They played hard and ran out of gas. This game was all over the media. My dad who lives in California and is not a big sports guy even talked about the big game with me on the phone earlier in the week. He said it's been all over the news out there too. I think that's a great recruiting tool and exposure for all of our state colleges.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:12 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
I checked the BCS rankings and it looks like Texas will be going to the Big XII title game, which is sad because OU is playing much better now and is a better team.

I guess OU should have taken care of business when they had the chance though.

I wonder which bowl OU will be going to since they won't be in the National Championship hunt anymore.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I checked the BCS rankings and it looks like Texas will be going to the Big XII title game, ...........
You were looking at last weeks BCS ranking. they won't release the new rankings until this evening. Last weeks rankings put Texas ahead of OU by 0.0089 points. I cannot help but think that beating a ranked team is worth at least one point more than beating an unranked, bottom of the conference standings, team.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:18 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
I think OU is deserving of going to the BIG XII Championship. I am more impressed with OU than TX down the stretch. Heck, KU beat Mizzou yesterday!

And it would give Stoops the chance to show he can win the big game. As it is, TX should spank MU, then go up against the undefeated heavy hitter Bama.

And I think they should have another TX/OU showdown because both those teams, IMO, are better than anyone in the BIG XII North. Kind of strange, I've been going against OU these past couple of weeks, but now that they are not in the BIG XII, I feel they were robbed.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:20 AM

OSU is better than anything in the Big 12 North........I know they lost last night, but dayum, those "'boys" are good............

Old 11-30-2008, 08:24 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Are you sure? It says "Updated: Sunday November 30, 2008 03:55 AM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
You were looking at last weeks BCS ranking. they won't release the new rankings until this evening. Last weeks rankings put Texas ahead of OU by 0.0089 points. I cannot help but think that beating a ranked team is worth at least one point more than beating an unranked, bottom of the conference standings, team.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
BCS standings announced every Sunday on FOX

Want to find out who's No. 1 in the latest BCS standings?

Watch THE OT on FOX every Sunday to see who will be playing for this year's national championship in Miami, Fla., on Jan. 8.

Here is the schedule for the announcement of the weekly BCS standings for the rest of 2008:

* Nov. 30 — between 4:00 and 4:30 p.m. ET

* Dec. 7 — 8:00 p.m. ET
FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE FOOTBALL - BCS standings announced every Sunday on FOX

FOX Sports on MSN - BCSFootball - BCS Football (http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/ - broken link)

If the BCS doesn't announce it until 4:00 in the afternoon, the rankings on FOX and ESPN are last weeks rankings.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:57 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE FOOTBALL - BCS standings announced every Sunday on FOX

FOX Sports on MSN - BCSFootball - BCS Football (http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/ - broken link)

If the BCS doesn't announce it until 4:00 in the afternoon, the rankings on FOX and ESPN are last weeks rankings.
That's good to hear, and it's been backed up by other folks I have talked to GP.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma