Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,605,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlx View Post
I think OU also needs to thank the Big 12 for the chance to play in the CCG.
OU had the better SOS OUTSIDE of conference play, playing cincy and TCU. Texas played mizzou IN conference. We both know how stupid it is to look at non-conference games when determining teams to play for the conference championship.

When the Big 12 changes the rule book after this year, OU fans better get ready to seeing an * next to your name should Texas Tech and Texas win their bowl games.

\m/
All of the Big XII AD voted for the tie breaker, so I guess we should thank texas' AD as well?

OU had the toughest SOS in the entire FBS!! In con and non con. It is not stupid to look at non con for CCG, there was a three way tie!! You have to look at the whole season to break the tie!!
College Football Polls - CBSSports.com 120, BCS and AP Top 25

An asterisk??? give me a break, the rules are rules, OU didn't make 'em, OU didn't break 'em.

So I guess if OU loses this week then Tech should be ahead of UT and go to the fiesta bowl instead of UT, I mean head to head is all that matters right? Oh I get it, only when it is in UT favor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM

330 posts, read 970,307 times
Nevergoingback, don't worry haters will never understand what you tell them. We can go around and around, it will always be subjective. Just like someone pointed out Texas beat Mizzou in conference. Well, OU beat Kansas in conference, which happen to beat Mizzou (you guessed it) in conference. Just like OU beat Tech in conference, which happen to beat Texas (come on play along) in conference. Head-to-head works if you're talking about 2 teams, with a three way, then it's head-to-head-to-head. There's no pretty outcome from it. Really Texas, Tech, and OU should all blame themselves for this mess. Texas could've taken care of business, but it didn't against Tech. Tech could've taken care of business, but it didn't against OU. OU could've taken care of business, but it didn't against Texas. No one to blame except themselves.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:19 PM

322 posts, read 748,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
All of the Big XII AD voted for the tie breaker, so I guess we should thank texas' AD as well?
I can guarantee they change the rule after this year. The Big 12 knows the current rule is flawed.

Quote:
OU had the toughest SOS in the entire FBS!! In con and non con. It is not stupid to look at non con for CCG, there was a three way tie!! You have to look at the whole season to break the tie!!
College Football Polls - CBSSports.com 120, BCS and AP Top 25
Wrong.

Like I already stated, OU ONLY had the tougher SOS OUTSIDE of conference play having TCU and cincy. Not true for the conferense play. That would go to Texas.

Lets look at this 3 way tie among 11-1 teams. Which one to send to the CCG?

Texas, OU, and Tech played 4 common conference teams.
-Baylor, ATM, OSU, and Kansas

And they each played 2 different teams in there remaining conference games

-TEXAS: Colorado and Mizzou

-OU: Kansas ST. and Nebraska

-Tech: Kansas ST. and Nebraska

CU and Mizzou > KsT and Nebraska.

This is about determining the teams for the Big 12 CCG, not the National Championship or BCS games. Big difference.

Quote:
So I guess if OU loses this week then Tech should be ahead of UT and go to the fiesta bowl instead of UT, I mean head to head is all that matters right? Oh I get it, only when it is in UT favor
Typical sooner response.

Stop equating the Big 12 CCG to the BCS bowls, please.

Good luck against Mizzou.

\m/

Old 12-02-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
Nevergoingback, don't worry haters will never understand what you tell them. We can go around and around, it will always be subjective. Just like someone pointed out Texas beat Mizzou in conference. Well, OU beat Kansas in conference, which happen to beat Mizzou (you guessed it) in conference. Just like OU beat Tech in conference, which happen to beat Texas (come on play along) in conference. Head-to-head works if you're talking about 2 teams, with a three way, then it's head-to-head-to-head. There's no pretty outcome from it. Really Texas, Tech, and OU should all blame themselves for this mess. Texas could've taken care of business, but it didn't against Tech. Tech could've taken care of business, but it didn't against OU. OU could've taken care of business, but it didn't against Texas. No one to blame except themselves.
Actually all the blame can be attributed to the Big 12 three-way-tie rule. That will change next year and resemble that of ever other divisional conference in the country.

PS. Mizzou(9-3) & CU(5-7) went 3-1 against Kansas ST(5-7) & Nebraska(8-4).

Old 12-02-2008, 01:27 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,296 times
Go Sooners. As a Nebraska fan it pains me to say such things, but I would really like the National Championship to remain in the Big 12 where it belongs. Also it would give me better excuses as to why my team loses a lot nowdays.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:39 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,605,929 times
39-33
65-21
Laughing all the way to K.C!!! ha ha ha

texas fans= crybabies

Last edited by nevergoingback; 12-02-2008 at 01:48 PM..

Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Go Sooners. As a Nebraska fan it pains me to say such things, but I would really like the National Championship to remain in the Big 12 where it belongs. Also it would give me better excuses as to why my team loses a lot nowdays.
As a Texas fan, it too is hard to say but a Sooner Victory in the CCG and NCG would bring prosperity to the Big 12. And I could say Texas gave the Natl Champ its only loss on a neutral field!

Good luck to the Cornhuskers and the Sooners.

\m/

Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

texas fans= crybabies

Come on man, you know if OU got left out of the CCG you would be a little upset.

I wish our players could have had a chance at the big 12 championship after all the hard work they have done this season. You would stand up for your players in the same manner had they been left out.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:06 PM

330 posts, read 970,307 times
Like I said, we can go around and around and around and around and around and make arguments all kinds of ways, it's all subjective. Someone beat someone else, while someone beat someone else. Of course you're a Texas fan, I get that with the previous posts. All schools agreed to the rule. All schools were in line with it before the season started, so everyone was playing on 'neutral' rules. It only pains people when it doesn't benefit them. I just like how Tech gets dismissed in all of this. Somehow they don't count in the 'head-to-head' argument. No one can give an explanation, just excuses. Yes, the rule will change next year. Like I said before, forget the 'North' as a separate part of the conference. Everyone in the conference should play each other, then have the two best teams dual for the championship, period. Again, each school can only blame themselves because they knew the rules going in. Good luck, don't dwell on it, just get ready for the bowls. Yes, everyone should support whoever the Big 12 champion is in the bowl and every Big 12 team in the bowls. It brings prosperity to the conference, so we can stop hearing how great the SEC (Super Ego CONference) is. Did I mention Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky, Miss. St., and Auburn. Didn't Tenn lose to UCLA with a 3rd string QB? Yeah, dominate aren't they. Yes, I hate on the SEC!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:15 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlx View Post
Come on man, you know if OU got left out of the CCG you would be a little upset.
Some guys would have, maybe....but EVERY team in the Big 12 played under the same rules, and the chips fell where they fell. But I can guarantee you that had it been Nebraska, Missouri, or Baylor that was playing for the national championship, I would have been cheering them on. The bulk of those Texas whiners need to visit Lincoln some time on Game Day and learn what grace and sportasmanship is all about.

Frankly, I think the top 5 nationally should have been OU, Texas, Texas Tech, OSU THEN Alabama. OSU would have had a championship season if they hadn't had to play Big 12....same with Tech, OU and UT. If any one of them were in the Big 10, the PAC 10 the ACC or the SEC, they would each of them gone undefeated.

FWIW, I can hardly wait till NU, CU, and Missouri are true contenders for the Big 12 Championship.....great football every week for an entire season? Now THAT is what I am dreaming about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma