Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 03:52 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,906,746 times

Advertisements

Just announced. OU leapfrogs Texas for the Kansas City game.......

I don't want to sound too confident, but I think OU will be playing Florida or Alabama for the BCS.............

will have to wait till next week to see who wins the SEC

BTW, Missouri has moved to #20.........

Last edited by Goodpasture; 11-30-2008 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 03:57 PM

330 posts, read 967,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

I don't want to sound too confident, but I think OU will be playing Florida or Alabama for the BCS.............

I watched Fox when Switzer was smiling, that's all I needed to know. It was a forgone conclusion after that. I might just go up for that game, seeing some in-laws in Mizzou on the way. Oh yeah baby!

Old 11-30-2008, 04:00 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,449,216 times
You can thank TT for that BCS ticket validation. If TT would have at least PRETENDED to be a Division IA program last week, it would be Texas heading to KC.

Okay, so Mizzou is poised for failure next week. OU MUST not get ahead of itself. They must execute the way they have been, otherwise, OU could get beat. I know, not logical, OU is way better than Mizzou. But does anyone remember how Iowa State beat Nebraska one year at the end of the season?
Because Nebraska was looking forward to its Bowl game? (Back in the days when Nebraska was a National powerhouse.)

Old 11-30-2008, 05:27 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,575,322 times
I'm getting together my cold weather gear as we speak. Got my tickets in Sept!!! 12 of us going, no wives allowed (none of them even wanted to go anyway)!!!! Row 16 baby!!!! Sooner side!!!! I knew OUr team would make it!!!!!! I can hardly wait!!! BOOMER SOONER!!

Old 12-01-2008, 01:24 PM

756 posts, read 1,874,153 times
Good luck to OU in the "TEAMS BEATEN BY TEXAS" bowl in KC.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,790,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
You can thank TT for that BCS ticket validation. If TT would have at least PRETENDED to be a Division IA program last week, it would be Texas heading to KC.

Okay, so Mizzou is poised for failure next week. OU MUST not get ahead of itself. They must execute the way they have been, otherwise, OU could get beat. I know, not logical, OU is way better than Mizzou. But does anyone remember how Iowa State beat Nebraska one year at the end of the season?
Because Nebraska was looking forward to its Bowl game? (Back in the days when Nebraska was a National powerhouse.)
We can thank OU for having a better strength of schedule, and putting a whooping on the team that took Texas out. OU is the best team in the Big XII when it counts, at the end of the season.

Last edited by Synopsis; 12-01-2008 at 06:15 PM..

Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,561,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

BTW, Missouri has moved to #20.........
Nah I agree, I think Florida might bump Bama off the charts as well. Though I may have to go with Florida over OU in the end.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:16 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,790,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Nah I agree, I think Florida might bump Bama off the charts as well. Though I may have to go with Florida over OU in the end.
Without a doubt, that will be a tough game for OU if they make it there. Like GP said, don't discount Mizzou.

OU versus Florida is how I "think" it will turn out. Who wins is a tossup. It certainly won't be a blowout either way. I have a lot of respect for Florida (Alabama too).

I hope Alabama beats Florida in the SEC championship.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:08 PM

330 posts, read 967,359 times
It would be a tough game of bama v. ou or fla v. ou, that's what a championship should be like. Not sure if fla will beat bama. Both have a good defense, but I do give the edge to fla for offense.

There's has to be an end to this head-to-head crap that keeps circulating. Head-to-head doesn't work in a 3 way tie, how can it? The argument is, Texass beat OU head-to-head, yeah I get it (don't need to hear it 50 Billion times or have planes fly over my head), but that argument only exists if they dismiss Tech totally. Why would they dismiss Tech? Oh, cause OU not Texass, let me say that again, OU put the beat down on Tech. If I was Tech, I would be flying planes, blimps, and hot air balloons everywhere saying we beat the horns, remember? Notice who took the high road in all of this, I notice they don't say that on ESPN. I guess whining, crying, and begging are acceptable methods these days for getting what you want - seems to be like outside of sports as well.

BCS = Boomer Championship System!

Don't hate, it's bad for your health

Old 12-02-2008, 11:35 AM

322 posts, read 745,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
We can thank OU for having a better strength of schedule, and putting a whooping on the team that took Texas out. OU is the best team in the Big XII when it counts, at the end of the season.
I think OU also needs to thank the Big 12 for the chance to play in the CCG. Its the only divisional conference in the country that would have sent OU over Texas and Texas Tech. Every other conference would have sent Texas and for that, OU fans should be grateful.

OU had the better SOS OUTSIDE of conference play, playing cincy and TCU. Texas played mizzou IN conference. We both know how stupid it is to look at non-conference games when determining teams to play for the conference championship.

When the Big 12 changes the rule book after this year, OU fans better get ready to seeing an * next to your name should Texas Tech and Texas win their bowl games.

As for the best team now comment, I respectfully disagree.

Good luck against mizzou.

\m/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma