Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 11:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,236 times

Advertisements

Hello- this is my first thread. we've moved 8 times in 10 yrs so its been crazy. i hve two small kids now so i want a good area to raise them. i wanted to get some idea of the area there. I've seen the map of OK and looked throught the homes for sale. The homes are pricey. Is there a nice area to build? I liked the Medicine Park area. I want to be near a grocery store, gas station, and not too far from Ft sill.... LOL can anyone help?
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 10:25 PM

81 posts, read 291,495 times
I live in the Medicine Park area.

Housing prices are not that bad. We bought our house 5 years ago for 120K and just had it appraised for 179k. We have done alot of remodeling of the house so that is one reason it has increased in value. The other reason is because of BRAC.

Our kids go to Elgin HS which is about 10 miles from our house. We could have them go to Lawton Schools but their school system is abit over crowded right now and will get worse as more of Ft. Bliss troops come this way.

We make our big grocery runs into Lawton about once a week and if we need something here and now we go to the Dollar General which is about 2 miles away next to the Sonic, Burger King and Love's Gas Station or the Hop-n-sack Gas Station which is just down the street.

Want to know anything else just ask.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 6,940 times
Default Elgin/medicine park/ft. Sill oklahoma

I too live in the Paradise Valley area, which is not Medicine Park, not Lawton, and not Elgin. This area is North of Lawton/Ft. Sill and West of Elgin. At this time the closeset supermarket is either Elgin or Lawton, either one is about 10 - 15 miles. But no stop lights so it's an easy shot! There is plenty of raw land in which to build. Medicine Park has changed and is becoming a little artist colony of sorts. It's really cute! Homes in the Elgin school district are in demand. Elgin is building a new high school and is growing! I'm a Realtor in Elgin and would love to help if I can.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 PM

102 posts, read 286,350 times
I would send my kids to Cache school district but live in Shelter Lake subdivision which is located on the edge of West Lawton. This neighborhood is very close to shopping, church, groceries and restaurants (about 5 minutes drive depending on traffic) and cache school is about 5 miles down the road. It's a gated community with lakes and view of the mountains. We would have bought in this neighborhood had we sold our house here in Ft. Hood, TX area. The girls and I are still waiting for our house to get sold. Hubby is there already but gets to commute every other weekend.

Good luck to you and your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma