Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:57 PM

5 posts, read 13,288 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how inter racial couples are accepted in New Castle? A friend of mine is moving here from Out of state and she is in an inter racial relationship. Is that pretty much accepted in New Castle? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 08:45 PM

498 posts, read 1,599,542 times
There are a lot of people in Newcastle from out of state. Even Blanchard. But even native Oklahomans are generally accepting. But people have to remember that no matter where you go in this world there will always be bad people.

Why is it that people have gotten so gung-ho about finding a utopia? People are so worried about Oklahoma cities and towns being some Pleasantville where every last person is the same. So I guess the real question is are Oklahomans intolerant, or is the nation intolerant of Oklahoma?

Old 02-20-2009, 09:47 PM

Thanks for answering. I do agree with you. She has never been here and was just asking. I told her I would try to get some info for her is all. She is not looking for a Utopia. She is terminally ill and wants to spend some time with her mom, who lives in Oklahoma. Thanks again for the answer.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:16 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,912,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
.......... So I guess the real question is are Oklahomans intolerant,
I don't know about the rest of them, but I am pretty intolerant.......I should note, though, that I am a non-discriminating intolerant.....I don't like anybody very much......race, age, gender, religion........totally irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
or is the nation intolerant of Oklahoma?
Why would I care?????????

Old 02-21-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakening12 View Post
Can anyone tell me how inter racial couples are accepted in New Castle?
this interracial couple.....are they something normal like AA/Anglo? or something weird like Kiowa/Cherokee?

Old 02-22-2009, 07:34 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,456,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
this interracial couple.....are they something normal like AA/Anglo? or something weird like Kiowa/Cherokee?
HEY! Some of my best friends are Kiowa Cherokee!

Now, if you said a neo-con Baptist marrying a peirced-face birkenstock wearing liberal atheist! Now you're pusing your luck. *That was a joke people. I am dating myself with the birkenstock remark.

To the OP, I think Newcastle will survive an inter-racial couple. Just don't push it by leaving your xmas lights up past Feb.!

I'd be more worried by the god-awful commute.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I never said it was a bad thing...........

Old 02-24-2009, 07:38 PM

Thanks all. She is caucasian and he is african american. They are leaving PA tomorrow!!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM

5,542 posts, read 9,439,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

Now, if you said a neo-con Baptist marrying a peirced-face birkenstock wearing liberal atheist! Now you're pusing your luck. *That was a joke people. I am dating myself with the birkenstock remark.

To the OP, I think Newcastle will survive an inter-racial couple. Just don't push it by leaving your xmas lights up past Feb.!

I'd be more worried by the god-awful commute.
Redbird,

I think he kinda meant it as a joke. I'm Choctaw/Creek and I got a kick out of it.....but maybe I just missed the seriousness of it or something.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakening12 View Post
Thanks all. She is caucasian and he is african american. They are leaving PA tomorrow!!!!
Ut ohhhhhhhh....that could be REAL trouble........Not sure how folks in Newcastle take to folks from PA..........the race thing is no biggie, in fact that white black thing is so yesterday that most folks won't notice.......but when they open their mouth and that accent flows out, and they say stuff like "Paterno" or "Penn State" there is bound to be trouble..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma