Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:25 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieWolf View Post
Well, I have left Oklahoma....once, for about 3 1/2 years. In the very beginning it was exciting because it was a new adventure, new scenery, new people. But it didn't take long before I hated every minute of it. I quit my job there and moved back to Oklahoma with no job prospects or anything. But, I just couldn't take it anymore. I didn't feel right. When I got back to Oklahoma it was like a weight had been lifted off of me. I was home and could now relax and enjoy life again.

It's certainly not that I haven't seen other places because I have. I've been to almost every state in the nation, I've been to Mexico (Acapulco specifically), Europe (Italy and Greece specifically), Hawaii, and many other places.....for short periods of time.....vacations and such. But, no matter where I've been I'm always thankful, glad, and very happy to be back home in Oklahoma. Of all the places I've seen there is nothing that compares to Oklahoma. Nothing! Other places are nice to visit but I was born in Oklahoma, raised in Oklahoma, and will die in Oklahoma. Not because I have to be here but because I choose to be here.

Also, because I have seen all these other places, I never take Oklahoma for granted. There are so many distasteful things in the world that a lot of people never get to see or witness in person. But once you have you understand what we have here in Oklahoma and that it cannot be replaced or duplicated anywhere else in the world.

So, by all means, if you don't like it here, then leave. Honestly, people that don't want to be here don't deserve to be here and shouldn't get to enjoy the sheer beauty and majesty of this absolutely magnificent gift from God.
Spoken like a bonafied tried&true Okie!

Old 03-21-2009, 11:06 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
I laugh every time this thread pops up. You can go to ANY state forum on C-D and find a thread with a similar title. Just take out "Oklahoma" and stick in any other state. It seems no matter what the state, some people don't like it, criticize it, and inevitably annoy others with their harangues, which results in "If you don't like XXXXXXX, then leave!" LOL

Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I laugh every time this thread pops up. You can go to ANY state forum on C-D and find a thread with a similar title. Just take out "Oklahoma" and stick in any other state. It seems no matter what the state, some people don't like it, criticize it, and inevitably annoy others with their harangues, which results in "If you don't like XXXXXXX, then leave!" LOL
True but with one difference... Okies are just neighborly enough to come help you pack and offer you a ride to the State line...

Old 03-21-2009, 01:51 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Happiness is a state of mind. I don't think I have ever been truly unhappy in a state. I liked living in CA, KS, ID, TX, and OK.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
So true.........I've notice some states with a thread like this, still trying to figure where to place the blame......

Old 03-21-2009, 04:28 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Happiness is a state of mind. I don't think I have ever been truly unhappy in a state. I liked living in CA, KS, ID, TX, and OK.
I agree. I've lived in NJ, GA, NV, CA, AZ, CO, and now OK. I've been happy everywhere I've lived, whether rich or broke. I tell my kids you may be broke from time to time, but as long as you have friends and family, you're never poor. It is truly a state of mind.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:36 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
As a native Californian I say you have nothing to be embarrased about. Now, all I have dove is visit a few times, but your state is stunningly beautiful. It;s green everywhere, nice small towns, and friendly people.. You should be proud of Oklahoma, in six years I retire from work and Ok. is one of the places I'm concidering retiring to, lot's of lakes, nice folks, and not all the gready money chasing rat race I live in now. So be proud, look people right in the eye and tell them your from Oklahoma and damn proud of it... Most Californians won't even look you in the eye anymore. Sheepole is what I call em....
Northern Swartzennager...I love it! I guess that makes me Southern Swartzennager??? Now if I could just spell his name...

Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Northern Swartzennager...I love it! I guess that makes me Southern Swartzennager??? Now if I could just spell his name...
Thats why most people just call him "Arnie".

Old 03-23-2009, 02:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Thats why most people just call him "Arnie".
Or the "Govenator"...

Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,862 times
Default This is by far the lamest territory/province/state ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafoxy View Post
I just get so sick of these people from out of state who move here and run our state down. It may not be the best state, but its my home.
Your state is miserable, cold, and utterly depressing and I hate being stationed here. Oh my God, how I wish I could leave this place.

By all means, show me where I can go and what I can do here while I serve out the remainder of my sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma