Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,804,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I like Reba McEntire and Garth Brooks.

Garth I like, but Reba, not so much. I think she intentionally overdoes it on the whole accent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 PM

193 posts, read 480,296 times
Well... missing Zac Hanson in this particular picture... but

Old 03-02-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoverme View Post
Well... missing Zac Hanson in this particular picture... but

I like those guys. I thought their last album "The Walk," was really decent. They're all grown up now.

Wanna see Tulsa burn?

YouTube - Go

And unlike most of the dance themed acts of today, these guys actually play instruments, which seems to be a dying art among so-called "artists" these days.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 PM

193 posts, read 480,296 times
Haha ahhh... the Go video.... I've been a pretty hardcore fan for 13 years now- been to 52 concerts of theirs I've been to Tulsa 8 times because of them- it's kind of the "Mecca" for Hanson fans. I do love the city as a result though.

They really are a very talented band, work very hard, and are really insanely down to earth people. They're all married with kids now and send their kids to public school in Tulsa.

Hanson at Mayfest- 05

Walking in the dried up AK river:

Alright I'll stop now... haha probably more than you needed...

Old 03-02-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoverme View Post
Haha ahhh... the Go video.... I've been a pretty hardcore fan for 13 years now- been to 52 concerts of theirs I've been to Tulsa 8 times because of them- it's kind of the "Mecca" for Hanson fans. I do love the city as a result though.

They really are a very talented band, work very hard, and are really insanely down to earth people. They're all married with kids now and send their kids to public school in Tulsa.

Hanson at Mayfest- 05

Walking in the dried up AK river:

Alright I'll stop now... haha probably more than you needed...
No, not more than I needed. I'm a BIG fan as well. These guys are great!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:01 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,350,560 times
You 2 like Country Rock and Rap....I prefer classic Country..I'm still Old School.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 PM

330 posts, read 967,671 times
Hey, how come no one said Color Me Badd? Don't worry, not my fav anyway.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,480,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I like those guys. I thought their last album "The Walk," was really decent. They're all grown up now.

Wanna see Tulsa burn?

YouTube - Go

And unlike most of the dance themed acts of today, these guys actually play instruments, which seems to be a dying art among so-called "artists" these days.
I always wanted Hanson to reinvent themselves as a death metal band

Old 03-06-2009, 11:26 PM

5,542 posts, read 9,441,833 times
We can absolutely claim Hag. The man has Okie culture coursin' through his veins. Listen to him talk: You think he learned the classic Okie twang growing up in Cali?.....no, he obviously inherited it from his Okie parents. Sure, he grew up in Cali, which was filled with Okies, Arkies, and Texans migrating west trying to make some cash.

I could use the same argument about Bob Wills. He was born in Texas but he did not become famous until he brought his act to Tulsa. Does that mean that Texans can't claim "The King of Western Swing"?

Okay, enough of my rambling. Here's the ones I can think of off the top of my head (yes, I know my country music):

Merle Haggard
Toby Keith
Joe Diffie
Garth Brooks
John Anderson
Stoney LaRue
Ragweed
Blake Shelton
Brooks & Dunn (I guess we can only claim half as Ronnie Dunn is from the
Tulsa area and Kicks Brooks is from Louisiana....same argument with Rascal Flatts with Joe Don Roony from Picher, OK.)
Wade Hayes
Bryan White
Wade Bowen
Jason Boland
Vince Gill
Ty England
Reba
Carrie Underwood (only because she wrote this one song called "I Ain't in Checotah Anymore"....actually sounds like a country song)

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 03-07-2009 at 12:18 AM..

Old 03-07-2009, 01:12 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,480,124 times
Merle Haggard is a Californian through and through. He has ties to Oklahoma...but he was born in Bakersfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma