U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 PM

4 posts, read 8,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Hardin View Post
Does anyone know the status of the new Outlet Shops that were to be built on I-40, north of OKC. Just thinking maybe the project had been put on hold due to the economy.
Woops!! make that west of OKC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 AM

5,813 posts, read 7,300,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Two months, including one night that it rained 8", lots of t-storms to the right and left, tornado warnings right and left. Lotsa fun! No locusts, but lots of June bugs, ticks, tarantulas, and some I've never seen before or since. It was a really really nice place to unwind, but I think they would have objected if I'd just stayed there and hooked up my computer!
Sound to me it would be the best place to live, no phones, no electric, no TV, just yourself and Mom Nature .

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM

3,701 posts, read 5,977,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Sound to me it would be the best place to live, no phones, no electric, no TV, just yourself and Mom Nature .
It wasn't quite that primitive, there was electricity and running water - but it was also in a cell dead zone. I'm not a TV person, but I do like my phone and internet! And there were coyotes, lots of them, singing every night.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM

25,305 posts, read 11,435,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Hardin View Post
Woops!! make that west of OKC
I think the OKC crowd might know the answer Cindy, we are about 90 minutes east of OKC, so we don't keep track of new businesses.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:31 PM

5,813 posts, read 7,300,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
It wasn't quite that primitive, there was electricity and running water - but it was also in a cell dead zone. I'm not a TV person, but I do like my phone and internet! And there were coyotes, lots of them, singing every night.
Around here if you get a clear view of a coyote, you shoot'm, quick it open season on them year around.
But it still sounds like my kinda place, small and out of the way .

Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 PM

3,701 posts, read 5,977,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Around here if you get a clear view of a coyote, you shoot'm, quick it open season on them year around.
But it still sounds like my kinda place, small and out of the way .
I like hearing the coyotes sing.

But I doubt if the average person would know a coyote if they saw it, they'd be more likely to think it was a german shepherd cross. The easiest way to tell is if they want to make friends with your little dog or would rather eat it, unless it happens to be a female in heat. And there are coy-dog crosses everywhere in this country, even in NYC. It's an excellent reason to have one's own dogs spayed or neutered - if it's a male dog, it won't be tempted to follow a female coyote in heat and find itself turned into lunch. Same goes for some wolves, though they are a lot more shy of where people live.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:26 PM

18,268 posts, read 3,080,138 times
Evening Everyone!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:37 PM

11,879 posts, read 25,271,050 times
Coyotes are not nearly as large as wolves, so most good sized dogs would have nothing to worry about right? I think the largest ones (in Oklahoma) would weigh in at 35 pounds or so. I do know in the Northern states they get up to nearly 80 pounds, which is HUGE, but in Oklahoma are they that big of a concern for your average Lab or other large dog?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:02 PM

13,387 posts, read 9,850,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Quote:
Coyotes are not nearly as large as wolves,
so most good sized dogs would have nothing to worry about right? I think the largest ones (in Oklahoma) would weigh in at 35 pounds or so. I do know in the Northern states they get up to nearly 80 pounds, which is HUGE, but in Oklahoma are they that big of a concern for your average Lab or other large dog?
Unless they've mated with a GreatDane

Old 05-06-2009, 07:08 PM

11,879 posts, read 25,271,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Unless they've mated with a GreatDane
Yikes! I'd feel sorry for the coyote mother giving birth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma