U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM

25,512 posts, read 11,602,585 times

Advertisements

Colleen! I just found your cell phones. They were in the chair next to my computer, underneath all the photo albums I am supposed to be scanning.

I knew I had them. We are going to TLC in OKC this weekend, maybe we can meet you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 PM

294 posts, read 370,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
If push comes to shove, let me know. I can always blow up an air mattress for a friend that needs shelter. I'm an hour or so out of OKC but it's a nice drive, particularly when you get an early start. We eat plain, we enjoy life, and our hours are REALLY irregular, but you are welcome, providing you can handle the dogs waking you up in the morning. If a few days or weeks will help you get things together, I just want you to know that one thing you don't have to worry about is food and shelter......other than that, you are pretty much on your own.............
It's incredibly nice of you to offer. I have the money to pay 6 mos rent, but it's the things like electricity, gas, food, cell phone etc that I'm worried about paying. Most people probably worry about that at some point, though. I've just NEVER lived on my own so I'm not used to having to worry about it. Guess it's time to grow up. Ick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
AWWW, MK, you're the greatest!!!!

Born, I'm sorry to hear that life is getting you down. I don't use IM, but feel free to send me a DM and we can chat back and forth on there. I'll be here for a bit yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Yes...all utilities have a connection fee, which is usually paid for at the office and can be turned on without you being present.

If you would like to vent I'm available through IM Just click the Y! up under my reputation rate. I'm sure most of us have gone through what your going through now, It is depressing...so go for it
Quote:
Ya reallty think so?

Born to Fly..........If you don't have JAMMIE as an e-mail friend, you don't know what your missing. She has pulled me out of some rough times with her humor alone. She a very understanding person....Just be careful..she's married
Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate it - didn't get to take anyone up on their offer last night because I was attempting to work out that first thing I talked about that was getting me down. I do feel quite a bit better. Even though it's not "fixed" per se, I got to the root of the problem at least. Only took over a year and a half...

Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 AM

3,238 posts, read 5,823,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
colleen! I just found your cell phones. They were in the chair next to my computer, underneath all the photo albums i am supposed to be scanning.

I knew i had them. We are going to tlc in okc this weekend, maybe we can meet you.

tlc?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
tlc?
Yes, TLC. Don is the orchid whisperer in case you didn't know. TLC on Memorial is his favorite store in OKC.

He can take the sick orchids and bring them back to life. He took an orchid from Lowes in Shawnee once and he brought it back with around 45 flowers on it.

TLC Florist & Greenhouses, Inc. - Home

Old 06-16-2009, 06:03 PM

Hmm. My post disappeared. Oh well. Here is a substitute.

Fireworks time! Almost. To get in the mood, here is a good show across the pond.

YouTube - London Fireworks on New Year's Day 2009 - New Year Live - BBC One

Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 AM

Default Man Robbed in OKC of bologna sandwich

http://www.newsok.com/state-briefs-m...rticle/3378958

What, no chips?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM

2,925 posts, read 4,583,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Hmm. My post disappeared. Oh well.
Nothing has been deleted... I'll bet the "Preview Post" gremlin got it!! That thing eats LOTS of my posts.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:55 PM

3,701 posts, read 6,040,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Nothing has been deleted... I'll bet the "Preview Post" gremlin got it!! That thing eats LOTS of my posts.
I think there's a whole troop of gremlins. Every once in awhile I get a rep comment from up to a year ago, and when I look to see what it's from, the post - my post - is in a forum I know I've never been to!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:53 PM

13,387 posts, read 10,032,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I think there's a whole troop of gremlins. Every once in awhile I get a rep comment from up to a year ago, and when I look to see what it's from, the post - my post - is in a forum I know I've never been to!
It's just alzhiemers setting in

Old 06-19-2009, 06:19 PM

3,701 posts, read 6,040,681 times
Quote:
It's just alzhiemers setting in
No it's not - I would never, under any circumstances, go to the political debate thingies. Those people scare the bejabbers out of me! I can deal with snakes and spiders any day of the week, but not hard-core political types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma