Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 05:35 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times

Advertisements

I hate smoking wet grass..........it just smolders.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Then stop urinating on it.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:56 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
Quote:
Then make tea or brownies.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Use a bigger peace pipe to smoke it in,

Old 06-14-2009, 07:59 PM

297 posts, read 586,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Uh oh. You sound down in the dumps. Hope you got squared away. And I hope everything works out for you. Take care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Hey back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Lurking around again...huh?......Well, while yur here.....whatcha been up to?..
I guess you could say I'm down in the dumps. It's not anything I'd like to post here and have a permanent record or reminder of on the internet, and you all don't need the weight of my problems on top of your own, so I'll spare you. Though if someone does care to chat elsewhere, I would like that.

But besides that, I'm just plain stressed.

I'm gonna be moving a month earlier than planned - I leave the 28th or 29th of this month.

I've been trying to sell what I can so there's less to store (or just dump) and because I still don't even have all the money I need to get down there plus pay 6 mos of rent in advance and get utilities hooked up, etc.
I basically have 2 weeks to come up with another $1000 or so.

Speaking of utilities: I've never had electricity turned on or been around when someone did - is there a connection fee or something associated with that? I'm not having cable TV or a phone hooked up so at least I don't have to worry about that. Just the electric and internet (which I can get at a discount as a student, thank goodness.)

I'm supposed to be applying online for jobs, on top of everything.

So that's a little bit of what's up...

Maybe I should've posted this somewhere other than the chat thread, but I'm too lazy to start another thread or find an old one it'd fit in, sorry.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
I guess you could say I'm down in the dumps. It's not anything I'd like to post here and have a permanent record or reminder of on the internet, and you all don't need the weight of my problems on top of your own, so I'll spare you. Though if someone does care to chat elsewhere, I would like that.

But besides that, I'm just plain stressed.

I'm gonna be moving a month earlier than planned - I leave the 28th or 29th of this month.

I've been trying to sell what I can so there's less to store (or just dump) and because I still don't even have all the money I need to get down there plus pay 6 mos of rent in advance and get utilities hooked up, etc.
I basically have 2 weeks to come up with another $1000 or so.

Speaking of utilities: I've never had electricity turned on or been around when someone did - is there a connection fee or something associated with that? I'm not having cable TV or a phone hooked up so at least I don't have to worry about that. Just the electric and internet (which I can get at a discount as a student, thank goodness.)

I'm supposed to be applying online for jobs, on top of everything.

So that's a little bit of what's up...

Maybe I should've posted this somewhere other than the chat thread, but I'm too lazy to start another thread or find an old one it'd fit in, sorry.
Yes...all utilities have a connection fee, which is usually paid for at the office and can be turned on without you being present.

If you would like to vent I'm available through IM Just click the Y! up under my reputation rate. I'm sure most of us have gone through what your going through now, It is depressing...so go for it

Last edited by mkfarnam; 06-14-2009 at 08:47 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 08:44 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
AWWW, MK, you're the greatest!!!!

Born, I'm sorry to hear that life is getting you down. I don't use IM, but feel free to send me a DM and we can chat back and forth on there. I'll be here for a bit yet.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
AWWW, MK, you're the greatest!!!!

Born, I'm sorry to hear that life is getting you down. I don't use IM, but feel free to send me a DM and we can chat back and forth on there. I'll be here for a bit yet.
Ya reallty think so?

Born to Fly..........If you don't have JAMMIE as an e-mail friend, you don't know what your missing. She has pulled me out of some rough times with her humor alone. She a very understanding person....Just be careful..she's married

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
AHHH, thanks, MK. That was nice of you to say. I try to be good.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
If push comes to shove, let me know. I can always blow up an air mattress for a friend that needs shelter. I'm an hour or so out of OKC but it's a nice drive, particularly when you get an early start. We eat plain, we enjoy life, and our hours are REALLY irregular, but you are welcome, providing you can handle the dogs waking you up in the morning. If a few days or weeks will help you get things together, I just want you to know that one thing you don't have to worry about is food and shelter......other than that, you are pretty much on your own.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma