Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
>>>>>
Are you having a bromance with Coburn or something?
<<<<<

"Bromance"....LOL, that made me laugh. Thank you Redbird.
Sorry for that tongue in cheek humor

I don't think the government should be telling people not to get an abortion because it is against someone else's religion. I always thought women should decide that.

BTW, an anti-coburn website stated Coburn has himself performed a couple of abortions in his own practice. Maybe he screwed up the operation and has blood on his hands. Who knows.

Coburn: On the death penalty, he said: "I favor the death penalty for abortionists and other people who take life." Tom Coburn for U.S. Senate 2010 (http://www.coburnforsenate.com/press21.shtml - broken link)

Okay, what is wrong with that picture. He is pro-life, but he favors the death penalty for abortionists? Give me a break. Sounds awful heavy handed to me. Kill the abortionists to stop abortion! Whatever.

I noticed Coburn is known as a maverick and he aims to clean up the Senate. (hello! ring a bell?)
Attaboy Coburn! Hey, if you hurry, you can get Palin to be your token fellow right wing christian pro-life, young, pro-gun rights, pro-energy exploration, government-trimming, corruption-fighting, middle-class, non-”world citizen” candidate, er I mean, running mate in 2012.

Palin to Coburn in 2012: "Gosh, Coburn, can I light the fuse on this abortion clinic bomb on national TV?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 02:48 PM

144 posts, read 484,748 times
He probably performed the abortion to save the mother's life.

Coburn doesn't want to be President, but if he did I would love to vote for him. He can be whatever you want to call him. Maverick, my Bromance, right wing pro-life Christian. My vote will be for him.

What is wrong with being pro-energy exploration? You really need to wake up and smell the roses. Do you have a car? Are you using electricity right now? Do you know how much more expensive it would be if we didn't have Natural gas fueling our energy plants and oil to run our cars. Maybe if you invented something or are still riding a horse around town. Let me know.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:14 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Sorry for that tongue in cheek humor

I don't think the government should be telling people not to get an abortion because it is against someone else's religion. I always thought women should decide that.

BTW, an anti-coburn website stated Coburn has himself performed a couple of abortions in his own practice. Maybe he screwed up the operation and has blood on his hands. Who knows.

Coburn: On the death penalty, he said: "I favor the death penalty for abortionists and other people who take life." Tom Coburn for U.S. Senate 2010 (http://www.coburnforsenate.com/press21.shtml - broken link)

Okay, what is wrong with that picture. He is pro-life, but he favors the death penalty for abortionists? Give me a break. Sounds awful heavy handed to me. Kill the abortionists to stop abortion! Whatever.

I noticed Coburn is known as a maverick and he aims to clean up the Senate. (hello! ring a bell?)
Attaboy Coburn! Hey, if you hurry, you can get Palin to be your token fellow right wing christian pro-life, young, pro-gun rights, pro-energy exploration, government-trimming, corruption-fighting, middle-class, non-”world citizen” candidate, er I mean, running mate in 2012.

Palin to Coburn in 2012: "Gosh, Coburn, can I light the fuse on this abortion clinic bomb on national TV?"
You'd be surprised how many pro-lifers are also pro-death penalty. It's like they go hand in hand or something. And it doesn't matter how often some lifer is released before being executed because the real culprit was finally caught, those are just a 'one time aberration.' Most of the ones I've know have also been rabid about enforcing the highest possible drinking age, never mind that they also encourage young men and women to join one branch or another of the military. They don't seem to get that if someone is old enough to fight and die for his or her country, they should also be old enough to have a beer without risking being put in jail on a MIP.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
What is wrong with being pro-energy exploration? You really need to wake up and smell the roses. Do you have a car? Are you using electricity right now? Do you know how much more expensive it would be if we didn't have Natural gas fueling our energy plants and oil to run our cars. Maybe if you invented something or are still riding a horse around town. Let me know.
I never said there was anything wrong with being pro-energy. Show me where I said that.

Oh, wait a minute, you are lashing out because your super hero Coburn supports the death penalty for abortionists...unless it is your hero who commits the abortion and then rides away on his white horse. LOL.

Let me see, what could I invent. Original and unbiased review of the candidates to make up my own mind?

I drive an iron horse named Honda.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:01 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,545,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

Oh, wait a minute, you are lashing out because your super hero Coburn supports the death penalty for abortionists...
He is probably against welfare, too. Typical neocon ..... all up in arms to "protect" a 2 month old cell tha cannot sustain itself outside the womb but once they are born they are on their own.

What a maroon.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,545,492 times
Quote:
>>>>>
His vote on anti-abortion probably stems from the fact that he is an OB-GYN and he knows the damages it does to the female body.
<<<<<

Absolutely. Not only does abortion damage a woman's body it also takes an innoncent life that had no "choice" in the matter. I am not a Republican but I value Coburn's views on the sanctity of life.
First of all, I don't need YOU or anybody else to decide what is good or bad for MY body.

And here is a newsflash for you: That "innocent life" you are talking about is a 2 month old cell that cannot sustain itself on its own. It is NOT a life, innocent or otherwise.

Get a grip

Old 04-11-2009, 07:47 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
First of all, I don't need YOU or anybody else to decide what is good or bad for MY body.

And here is a newsflash for you: That "innocent life" you are talking about is a 2 month old cell that cannot sustain itself on its own. It is NOT a life, innocent or otherwise.

Get a grip
Your words are spiteful. Nice. You did an excellent job of exhibiting "tolerance" to me, the intolerant fundamentalist.

Prove to me that the 2 month old cell is not a life. Me thinks (in fact, I know you can't) you cannot.....nor can I for that matter. Who are you to say when life begins? By the way @ 2 months the baby is slightly more than a cell:
http://www.baby2see.com/development/week8.html.

Here's my position (since you took the time to really get to know before lashing out at me, LOL): since we cannot emphatically show when life begins shouldn't we err on the side of caution? Hmmm?

Please try to respond with some decency this time. Us common folks can't keep up with all that erudite angst you're dealin' out. Thanks in advance for the reasonable response.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:21 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Your words are spiteful. Nice. You did an excellent job of exhibiting "tolerance" to me, the intolerant fundamentalist.

Prove to me that the 2 month old cell is not a life. Me thinks (in fact, I know you can't) you cannot.....nor can I for that matter. Who are you to say when life begins? By the way @ 2 months the baby is slightly more than a cell:
http://www.baby2see.com/development/week8.html.

Here's my position (since you took the time to really get to know before lashing out at me, LOL): since we cannot emphatically show when life begins shouldn't we err on the side of caution? Hmmm?

Please try to respond with some decency this time. Us common folks can't keep up with all that erudite angst you're dealin' out. Thanks in advance for the reasonable response.
Not at all spiteful, just a different POV. I happen to agree with Schousse. When I was a teenager, I was beaten and raped. If I'd become pregnant from that experience, there's nothing on earth I wouldn't have tried to rid myself of a reminder which would have lasted the rest of my life. I am a lot of things, but I'm not compassionate enough to give a child with that kind of beginning the kind of life any child should have in order to flourish.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:57 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Quote:
Prove to me that the 2 month old cell is not a life.
Call me a calloused curmudgeon, but a life only has the value that that life gives it. At two months a fetus has virtually no chance of a decent life if left alone. Quality of life is so very important that I can guarantee you that when it comes time for me to start developing dementia, I am going to finish it off in a hurry. There is no way I will go like my mom or grandmother did. Mom's final three years in a hospice (at over $5,000 a month) was not life, just a warehousing until her body gave out.....her mind had left her long ago.

Children die each and every day around the world. so do grownups. everything dies. life comes with no guarantees. If you don't believe in taking a life, particularly one so young, then don't take one. But do not insist that a woman have the child of her rapist, or that a teenager be forced to give up her future due to a moments indiscretion. UNLESS........YOU are prepared to provide all the necessary support to sustain that innocent life until it reaches an age of self sufficiency.

When no child left behind means from conception to majority, then tell me about a woman's possible obligation. Until then it is typical neocon blathering that trys to legislate social solutions. Put your money where your mouth is and we can talk.......and when we talk you can then try to persuade every woman out there who has a contraception failure or is raped that she too should go along with what a couple of guys think she should do with her body.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 PM

I just don't see how anyone can agree with the death penalty for abortionists. What that amounts to is calling for the death of someone who does not share your POV.

Is that a muslim extremist concept? Or is Coburn a half goose step behind the terrorists?

Although my faith is against abortions, my personal POV is I don't believe in restricting other people's lives based on one groups religion.

I wonder if the Coburn town hall meetings will include chants of DEATH TO THE ABORTIONISTS!!

So, tell me lasomeday, do you agree with death penalty for abortionists because Tom Coburn is for it, or did you have that position before you ever found Tom Coburn? Is it religion that makes you support the death penalty of abortionists? Or is it some other reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma